Hemingway Road, Cardiff, Southern Wales, CF10 4JY, United Kingdom

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Future Inn Cardiff Bay

Good rooms, but.......

by TripAdvisor Member Garfield123456

I stayed for one night prior to a meeting in Cardiff. Easy to park and very presentable hotel (about a year old). There were unfortunate queues at reception as they only had one receptionist who was trying to do too many things. Once I was finally checked in (15 minutes) the electronic key card wouldn't open the bedroom and hence a trip down again. When it didn't work a second time they decided to change my room - a problem with the battery in the door lock I was told - well check them!

I went for a meal in the restaurant at 8.45 to be told that there was, and then there wasn't, a delay of 20 minutes as there was a function on elsewhere in the hotel. The restaurant was probably 25% full. After my starter arrived I then waited an hour and a quarter from originally entering the restauarant and still didn't get the main course. The person in charge of the restauarant just "shrugged" his shoulders.

To add further insult the hotel tried to charge me for my dinner at checkout the following day. The operations manager agreed to waive this - too right - and offered a £15 voucher off my food on my next stay. I took the voucher but will NOT be staying again.

On the positive side, the modern rooms were spacious, clean and well presented. However, the service received means I won't be returning.

Handy for the opera

We stayed overnight in order to see a performance of Mazepa by the Welsh National Opera at the nearby Cardiff Millenium Centre. Cardiff Bay is being redeveloped in the context of the car. Thus, although the Millenium Centre was within sight, the walk to it was not as straightforward as it might have been. However, the desk staff were able to point us to the most direct, but unsignposted, route through the adjacent Red Dragon entertainment centre.

The rooms were of a good quality for the grade of hotel and the service was both helpful and friendly (we did not use the restaurant either in the evening or for breakfast so cannot comment on that aspect of the hotel's services). However, it is some distance from the city centre so, if the purpose of visit is not to be found in the Cardiff Bay area (and there is much that is - the outstanding new Millenium Centre with its world class Welsh National Opera Company; the Welsh Assembly; County Hall), a more central hotel might fit the bill more closely. That said, there are plenty of places to eat in the nearby Mermaid Quay. All in all a good addition to a part of the world that until recent years was a desert so far as decent hotels were concerned.

Great value for money

by TripAdvisor Member bow-street-woody

Just stayed at this hotel for two nights with my wife and six-year-old daughter. There was a slight mix-up with my reservation dates but they immediately accepted my explanation and accommodated us in a quad room.

The hotel is new and looks much grander than the price suggests. We paid £85.00 per night for the three of us on a b&b basis. This included a £10.00 voucher for the restaurant, which was already reasonably priced. The whole hotel was immaculately clean, especially the room, which had two large and very comfortable beds. The room also had a 19" LCD TV with freeview, free internet access and a CD/DVD player. It also had some nice touches like an automatic bill-paying function on the TV and an anti-steam mirror in the bathroom.

Breakfast was good and included in the self-service buffet, as well as the usual full English, were various options such as pastries, fruit, yoghurts, cold meats, smoked salmon, fruit juices etc.

The hotel is positioned just off Hemingway Road, on the far side of the Red Dragon shopping centre car park. (I recommend the Old Orleans restaurant in the centre, which also includes a UCI Cinema, Hollywood Bowling etc). This is about a mile from the town centre but only about 400 yards from Cardiff Bay, with all its restaurants and waterside attractions.

All in all, a very enjoyable family holiday at a very reasonable price. We've stayed in the city centre many times before but with a six-year-old to take into account, the bay area is more family-friendly, especially in the evenings.

Well Done Dan

WOW WHAT A WEEKEN!!!!!!!! I had my weding there and it ws great a big thank you to all the staff and especialy Dan and Simon from the restaurant. Nothing was wrong with the hotel it was lovely and clean and very modern. Also a big thank you to Dan again who came in on his day off and worked all day he was even up at 4 in the morning singing to us in the carpark when the fire alarm was set off. (it can't be helped) thank you all again i will be back soon.

Lot's going for it

by TripAdvisor Member Froodle

The hotel is new and finished to a really high standard. My room was huge with two enormous beds, really comfortable with plenty of pillows and duvets. The room was spotless and the bathroom really well designed to maximise space and style. The TV took me a while to sort out (the channels were not quite aligned, with Radio 1 on the Bid TV channel, but this is a minor point) but once sorted there was loads ot choose from including free Internet access.

There was a laundry room on our floor which also contained snack, drinks and ice machines (the first time I have encountered this, what a brilliant idea for the middle of the night munchies!). I understand there is an exercise room though I didn't go there myself.

The food was pretty good, the breakfast plentiful and of a high standard (especially the sausages). There is a restaurant there where we ate one evening, the standard of the food and service was very high but the variety limited. There are plenty of alternative places to eat within an easy walk. The Hotel is in the Bay (close to the Red Dragon Centre and the Millenim Centre), far enough from things to not be bothered by noise but close enough to walk.

The service from the Hotel staff was excellent, by and large they were friendly and helpful. My only issue in this area was that the personnel cleaning the rooms had a radio blaring and were laughing and talking really loudly which was quite irritating at 0900 on a weekend!

I would definitely stay here again.

Bland not even ok

We arrived not even a smile from staff in the hotel. The room was clean and ok nothing in the future!!!!

The breakfast was extra and not the best NO life in the food or staff

We wont be going again looking for aqnother hotel now in cardiff for the opera

Good, Clean Business Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member SleepingCat

Very clean rooms - well appointed - with a good use of space.

A buffet style breakfast was included.

The hotel is in an excellent location for Cardiff Bay - I could see the Millennium Centre from my room - easy walking distance. As is the new Welsh Assembly Building.

We also ate dinner in the restaurant and the food was above average for a hotel restaurant.

My only minor quibble is that we were required to pay in advance on arrival, which is unusual - but not a big deal.

Overall, I would have no hesitation to stay there again.

great good value hotel

by TripAdvisor Member janalibor

You just can not go wrong if visiting cardiff by booking here. Good sized well designed very clean modern rooms, great for the bussiness traveller and for the tourist as well.

Food is good and not pricey, and the breakfast which was included was good, with lots of choice.

This is my 3rd visit and I will be back its great value for money and in a good possition, staff are good

Fantastic hotel

by TripAdvisor Member jetix

I took my 9 year old son to see the Doctor Who Exhibition at the Red Dragon Centre in Cardiff Bay and needed a hotel for one night. I looked at staying at either The Lodge or Future Inn, but thanks to advice on this forum, chose Future Inn, and I'm so pleased I did!! I contacted the hotel directly and got a good rate for a room with 2 queen sized beds and breakfast included. The hotel is modern, very clean and the staff very friendly and helpful. Our room was large with flat screen TV and duvets, which I always love better than sheets. Everything was scrupilously clean. The breakfast the following day was an enormous buffet which included the full cooked version, plus cereals/bagels/croissant etc and I feel really gave value for money.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel, and for those who may be visiting the exhibition, it's right on the doorstep - couldn't have been more convenient. We managed to take in a movie and visit Technoquest without having a car, which was fantastic.

Nice Hotel and worth the money

This hotel is worth the £120.00 for 4 people. We had two double beds, the bath room was a good size. We had a tv, iron, kettle.

I would stay at this hotle again.

Comments