118 Cathedral Road, Cardiff, Southern Wales, United Kingdom

Lincoln House Private Hotel
Booking.com Priceline.com Agoda.com

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo

Victorian Town House

This is a Victorian town home that has been nicely restored to a very comfortable and modern hotel. The lounge looks for all the world like a Victorian living room with sofas, bookcases and a not so Victorian computer with internet access which is available to guests. It was a bit slow at times but nice to have as I don’t travel with a laptop or other device for checking e-mail, etc.

The staff were very friendly and professional. We were leaving early in the morning, before the regular breakfast hours, but when I inquired the evening before about getting a taxi the young lady at the desk asked if we would like to have an early breakfast. I said we would and the next morning we were served the full meal about 45 minutes before their stated hours. It is nice to be treated like a guest and not just a source of cash.

It is a charming place with very comfortable lodgings and clean modern bathrooms. Included is a full Welsh breakfast which is very good. I did try some seaweed for breakfast one morning but found it was not to my taste. Otherwise the breakfast was very good and served in a charming, bright and cheery room with a bay window.

• sue_stone's Profile Photo

Lincoln House Hotel

We only stayed one night in Cardiff and hence wanted to be fairly central. The Cathedral Road area looked like a good option for us, being only about 10 minutes walk from Cardiff Castle and shops. This leafy road is lined with mid-priced guest houses and B&B's, and we opted for the Lincoln House Hotel.

Located in a stunning old stone house (under going exterior restoration when we visited), the Lincoln House Hotel is a clean and well presented guest house. Our room rate of 85 euro included a full Welsh breakfast. There is free parking at the rear of the hotel, plus plenty of on-street parking as well.

Unique Quality: I wasn't overly impressed with our room (room 201) - it was a bit small and dark, with only a little window. However, it was clean and more than adequate. I probably wouldn't have been so disappointed except we were travelling with friends and their room (room 203), at the same price, was larger, and nice and bright with lovely big bay windows : (

Another negative was that the owners and staff weren't very friendly - not the usual smiley guest house type of people. Made us feel unwelcome at check in and service at breakfast wasn't too cheery.

Oh well, it is a nice enough place to stay, and I would recommend it. I think I am just getting too critical as I get older :-/

Directions: Located halfway along Cathedral Road at the junction of Dyfrig Street in Canton, Cardiff.

Comments