Helmont House, 10 Churchill Way, Cardiff, CF10 2NB, United Kingdom

Booking.com Priceline.com PremierInn.com

• spidermiss's Profile Photo

A Lovely Stay!

I stayed in this wonderful Premier Inn hotel situated in the city centre for one night during my stay in Cardiff in April 2013. I had a lovely room on the 3rd Floor where I had a view across the city and it was short walking distance to the city centre especially St David's Hall where I saw the 'Evening of Movies and Movies' concert (the main reason why I was in Cardiff).

The rate wasn't the cheapest 79.00 gbp (April 2013) I paid but I had a large spacious air conditioned room/lounge with an ensuite bathroom. I also purchase their 'All You Can Eat' buffet breakfast (8.25 gbp (April 2013) the following morning which I though was good value for money as I didn't need another meal for the rest of the day.

Unique Quality: Comfortable beds especially the pillows
    Spacious rooms/lounges
    Onsite restaurant/bar
    Left luggage service

Directions: Off Bridge Street and Station Terrace and near Queen Street.

• mindcrime's Profile Photo

Premier Inn

Premier Inn Cardiff City Centre is a nice 3 star hotel in the city centre (2’ away from Queen street, 8’ from the castle, 1’ from Motorpoint Area).

We booked a double room for £45 per night which was a good price for the location and the category (but check for offer the price range can be anything between £20 and £65.

The modern glass building (pic 1) was interesting and the check in was fast and the stuff very friendly.
    The room was spacious (comparing to other uk hotels we have stayed in) and we had a comfortable queen bed (pic 3). In general the room was nicely decorated.

There was no noise coming from outside, nor within the hotel and as we were up to the 8th floor we had view over the train lines(pic 5) which was very nice late in the evening seeing the train coming.

At the back side of the hotel is the Cardiff Queen Street train station so you catch the train from there.
    Bathroom (pic 4) had good lighting and it was very clean too. There is a bath/over bath shower but no good quality soap/shampoo though.

Breakfast wasn’t included but we didn’t try it anyway because we always prefer local cafes. They use the same area for restaurant for those who interested to eat inside. By the way there was coffee maker in the room (including coffee, tea and milk)

There was no free wifi (they ask £3 for 36’!)

• jhorsfield30's Profile Photo

Great views and right by queen st station

A recent Premier inn, converted from the 10 floor British Gas building,
    I stayed here on a last minute decision, and given the views which used to be from the building, it had good reviews on tripadvisor,
    I had a room on the 8th floor, Very spacious rooms, curteous staff, and amazing views,
    Simply 1 minute walk from queen street station, and 2 minutes from queen st with most of the high street shops,
    I had a great stay, the usual good sleep guarantee from premier inn, and usual additions in the room(tv, bath/shower, kettle, double bed etc)

Unique Quality: Fantastic views, central location,