118 Clive Street, Cardiff, CF11 7JE, United Kingdom
Booking.com Hotels.com Travelocity

More about Ty Rosa Boutique Gay B&B

Hebden Bridge is a great...

by fax

Hebden Bridge is a great little town about 8 miles from Halifax. Hippies flocked here in the sixties and their children have kept the spirit alive; Hebden Bridge is a very liberal place and home to many nationalities and lifestyles. The area is known as little Switzerland due to the steep wooded valleys and there are quite a few Swiss residents here too, so you might hear yodeling in the woods!!
Gay and Lesbian visitors'to the area will feel very at home, Hebden Bridge has a surprisingly large resident Gay community(for its size) and is a mecca for Lesbain couples especially. Additionally, there are lots of little restaurants and craft shops and to spend the pink pound(p£.

The UK has many good nightlife...

by gmhpompey

The UK has many good nightlife spots though for me Brighton is very good, especially in the summer. You have the choice of London but in a manageable space with no need for a car!!!
The atmosphere that 'gay-friendly' Brighton has, whether gay or not. It's a party town and if you can't have fun in Brighton then nightlife is not for you, obviously. Anything goes - no need to worry about the fashion police.

Mill Lane Cafe Quarter

by aaaarrgh about Mill Lane, Cardiff

Mill Lane joins the end of The Hayes to the end of St Marys Street. It is right opposite the Marriott Hotel. The street is a line of pubs, bars, restaurants and clubs. When Cardiff first improved the area, Mill Lane was nicknamed the 'Cafe Quarter'.

One of Cardiff's canals once ran along Mill Lane. But no longer. There are some very nice railings that run the whole length of the road. But your view during the day is of the vast cliff of brick, which is the Marriott Hotel!!

At night the area is pleasant. The bars and restaurants put chairs and tables out on the street. The area can become quite lively.

Watch out for Cardiff's drinking laws! It is illegal to drink in the street. So if you don't have a seat outside, you may be asked to go indoors.

My favorite restaurant is Las Iguanas which s very 'latin', with salsa music and a cocktail bar. Then later, the vodka club Moloko's is the place to be. Good dance music, dance floor, lots of vodka's and 'cyrillic' script on the walls.

Gay pub, the Kings Cross is always busy and welcomes anyone, gay or straight.

Cardiff Bay has upstaged Mill Lane these days. On a sunny evening go to Cardiff Bay instead. Various, usually casual smart.

Fancy a boogie?

by louiseanyon about The clubs in Bangor

Bangor is not a big city so there are not that many nightclubs. There are also a number of pubs that can double up as a club at the weekend after say 9/10pm.

Academi is the nightclub situated in the Bangor Student Union building and if you are not a Bangor Uni student the only way to get in is if a Bangor Uni student with a valid ID signs you in as their guest. Holds a variety of nights including Fruit Salad once a month (the gay/lesbian/bi/transexual night) and Trash (the rock/goth night). Also Salsa nights.

Time/Amser is connected to the SU building but does allow members of the general public to enter. Entrance fees can vary from £1 for the Monday night Cheese fest (60s/70s/80s/90s/00s cheesy music) to upto £10 for a DJ event. One time Rachel Stevens (from SClub7) came to perform, but we don't get many famous artists tbh. Drinks inside can be expensive but does have a cocktail bar too.

Octagon is located on the High St. OPen to the general public has special event nights occasionally especially during Freshers week (3rd or 4th week in September). One such night was a Beach Party with real sand. Tiered nightclub, for some levels it is required to buy a bracelet for entrance.

Joop also located on the High Street but I will admit to having not been there after hearing of some dodgy goings on with regards to bouncers and bartenders. Not sure if any truth lies behind the stories so can say no more.

Varsity is a pub chain which in Bangor had strong links with the Studen Union and a number of its clubs and societies. There was one night a week which was pound a drink night (Thursday if I remember correctly) for which a number of students would turn up to. Tables were moved off the lower seating area to make way for a dancefloor. The DJs were from the Uni radio show and competitions take place throughout the night including best dancer. Good times to be had in Varsity. Also serves food until 9pm (I think) I'm pretty certain that anything goes for all of the nightlcubs/pubs mentioned above. The only one I am unsure of is Octagon. Of the clubs mentioned I feel that Octagon would be the one that would impose a dress code.

Bar 11 on Burgate, just up...

by Travelloz

Bar 11 on Burgate, just up from the Cathedral.
It is a gay bar, and very friendly. A good mix of people, very studenty. Drinks a bit pricey but its a classy joint. Good food too. They have bouncers on a weekend so I guess you've got to be reasonably well dressed, no trainers that kind of thing.

Home from home

by TripAdvisor Member artytravller

It was my first trip to Cardiff for me and a second trip to cardiff for my partner Derek. After getting a bit lost on arrival, Paul gave us directions so we could find the house. We were met by Paul and Max the dog, over coffee paul gave us a map of cardiff and pointed out places to go and bars etc an cardiff's gay scene and other places of interest like galleries and such. Our room was really comfortable and looked amazing. Stuart isd like a mother hen, brekfast was really great and informal. It felt like we were staying with good friends. We both felt really relaxed staying at Ty Rosa and it's only a short walk into Cardiff itself. Nothing is too much trouble for either Stuart or Paul. We shall definately stay with them again in the new year, they really made our stay a really fun and friendly one.If you've never tried lava bread ask Stuart to make you some. We went to a concert during our stay, but didn't have time to east ou so we asked Stuart and Paul for some sandwhiches, but it wasn't just a plate of sandwiches, but it was great so we'd reccomend eating at the house at least once during your stay. Don't worry about being vegetarian as you will be well catered for here.I'm glad that my first trip to Cardiff was made so fantastic by staying with Stuart and Paul and Max!
If you are planning a trip to Cardiff we definately urge you to stay at Ty Rosa you won't regret staying there at all!
from Matt & Derek

Ty Rosa, Cardiff - Superb welcoming and comfortable B & B

by TripAdvisor Member Gardener68

The welcome at the Ty Rosa was immediately welcoming as I was ushered into the beautifully decorated and sumptuos living room, where I was provided with a pot of tea, before being shown my room. The owners are very helpful and sat down with me with a map of cardiff which is provided and explained all of the sites and travel contact details that might be required.

Extremely comfortable beds in the room. I had the Castle Coch room which, as I was alone was ok, but would feel a little cramped for a couple, but the other rooms are larger. The most wonderful selection of Dove soaps and shower creams provided - far better than more expensive hotels and a lovely selection of teas, coffee and chocolate as well as a large bottle of mineral water.

DVD's are also provided for general use - a nice touch as well as a good selection of reading matter.

Very clean and immaculate bathroom.

Breakfast was without doubt the best and most interesting selection I have ever experienced - smoked salmon and scrambled eggs on toasted English muffin was a real treat, but the choice was fabulous from traditional to continental and regional dishes like lava bread and classics like bubble and squeak.

Unfortunately I was only staying for a couple of nights but would love to have stayed longer to take more advantage of the relaxing and comfortable atmosphere.

A real treat to find such a great little B & B with quality of service that should be present in the bigger hotels (but rarely is). Thanks guys for a great stay. I will definitely return again.

All round perfect place

by TripAdvisor Member Ceredig

Fab, comfy, relaxed place with two lovely hospitable owners (Paul and Stu). Rooms aren't big but tastefully furnished and comfortable. Hotel
location wihin short walk of Grangetown station or long walk of city centre - but owners happy to run people back and forth, or short taxi ride. In fact, they took me out to show me some of Cardiff so we had a very late night!!

Cardiff is a nicely sized city with plenty of things to see and do, and with a good youthful buzz to it. I will be staying at Ty Rosa again (and again!)

Warm and cosy

by TripAdvisor Member CardiffDutchie

My stay at Ty Rosa was lovely; the room was very nice, as well as the hosts, Max (the dog), dinner and breakfast, and especially the atmosphere. Returning to Ty Rosa in the evenings, after a nice and/or busy day in the cardiff city centre (or the bay, which is 5 minutes from Ty Rosa), almost felt like going home. I would definitely recommend it to anyone, especially those who are travelling on their own.

Home from home

by TripAdvisor Member Orah_7

I have stayed at Ty Rosa twice and both stays have been really brilliant.
Paul, Stuart and Max (the dog) made me feel really welcome. Nothing was too much trouble for them. They even picked me up from the station when i arrived- You dont get that from other Hotels in Cardiff!!!!!
The rooms are very tasteful, clean and comfortable. They have everything you need including Tea, Coffee and bottled water.
I have stayed in a number of hotels in Cardiff and Ty Rosa is far the best. The value for money and comfort are exceptional.

As for the food, it is fab. I have never seen such a wide selection of breakfasts including Lava bread.
The portions are huge but the quality is top rate.

I have recommended Ty Rosa to others who are planning to stay in Cardiff.

Gay Bed and BreakfastGay Bed and Breakfast

St FagansSt Fagans

Rustic Decor in Bella ItaliaRustic Decor in Bella Italia

CardiffCardiff

A village called Gambling Gay

by craic

Years ago the husband and I planned a holiday in the UK and when I was looking at the brochure of holiday cottages I am sure I came upon a lovely little place in a village called Gambling Gay.

However Gambling Gay is not on VT's location database and for obvious reasons it is very hard to google.

Does anyone know of this place? I have an idea it was in the south and reasonably close to London.

by leics

You mean Gamlingay, I think.

In Cambridgeshire, near Sandy, Bedfodshire.....Sandy, Beds (!!). :-)

Not sure whether it is still lovely....has been decades since I visited (used to live in Bedford).

by craic

that could be it - i will check it out - ta

yeah, that's it - near St neotts I remember - you are a miracle worker

intrigued to see it is also near melbourne

by leics

Nah...just remember where I've been/lived etc.

There's another Melbourne about 10 miles from me, just over the border in Derbyshire. Probably more as well.....'bourne' being a brook/stream, 'mel' being 'mill'. One of those in almost every village, once upon a time!

by craic

so i live in a city called millstream

by leics

Yes....or the place with 'the mill by the stream'

Bet there isn't a mill anymore though........or not a nice one with waterwheel and pond and ducks and millrace......same in the UK Melbournes, mostly.

by dave.richards

Many Australian towns (and American ones) take their names from the person who settled there, the Aborigine name or from the town in the UK from whence the settler (or convict!) came. Cairns, Melbourne, Perth, Rockhampton and Newcastle to name but 5.

by craic

my little town of Upwey is called that because two old ladies from Upwey in Dorset named their orchard after their village of origin

then when the train was put through they needed a station name

algarve and g canaria GAY

by columbus123

im off 2 albuferia 20 oct and g canaria in nov ............anyone know if i will be the only gay on the beach on my first holiday in october?? [i know the canaries will be wild]

Re: algarve and g canaria GAY

by DUNK67

you could be but unless they wear a label saying i am gay or being obvious about it there is no way of knowing.

i don't know if there are any gay only beaches in Gran Canaria but i do know that there is a nudist beach near maspalomas

Gay Travel Group

by 2BOGG

My partner and I enjoy travel to Europe. Over the past three years, we've started to integrate outdoor activities (e.g., biking, hiking, walking) into our vacation plans. It's been a real blast. We've always have been interested in developing a global network of like-minded travellers. By like minded I mean gay men in committed relationships whose passion and interests are travel, history, culture and outdoor activities. Not interested in any unsavory activity. We're interested in sharing information and tips about travel experiences -- especially from an older active gay male perspective (my partner is 55 and I'm 44). Besides, we're always interested in a good recommendation. If anyone else has a vision of the same, please e-mail us --

Re: Gay Travel Group

by RusskiPower

You may want to visit the Queer Group here this http://www.couchsurfing.com/ It's under "Groups".

Comments