Tides Reach Guest House

388 Mumbles Road, West Glamorgan, Swansea, Southern Wales, SA3 5TN, United Kingdom
Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Tides Reach Guest House

Wonderful and welcoming atmosphere!

by TripAdvisor Member Anna262

We stayed at the Tides Reach G H two days and found that this place more than met our expectations. The room was decorated in a very charming manner that matched the architectural style of the home. The breakfast was more than ample for even a robust appetite. All together a very satisfying stay. I have no hesitation in highly recommending this establishment. . Irene , Arizona.

A wonderful place

by TripAdvisor Member malowi

It was our first trip to Wales, and we could not have chosen a more perfect place, simply charming. The hosts were very charming and helpful. The breakfasts were delicious, the room was comfortable and clean. There are walking and bike paths all around. We used this guest house as a base to explore the Gower and recommend it to anybody. We loved our stay at TR and stayed for seven days. The picture is of the coast right up the road and around the corner in Limeslade, there is a wonderful path along the coast. I left the camera with pix of TR on the plane, sorry. In all of the places where we ate in Mumbles, the food was fantastic!

Excellent with yummy breakfast

by TripAdvisor Member goslinggirl

I went through all the reviews on Trip Advisor and chose this place because I liked the read of it.I was not disappointed. It was very clean with lovely touches. Mary and Lin helped me to sort out transport and I loved the breakfasts. I was visiting my daughter in University and they invited her to breakfast...what a nice thing to do.

Home from home by the sea!

by TripAdvisor Member Crystal_Alice

Tides Reach Guest House is a great find. The sea views are amazing - rain or shine! - and the warm welcome from proprietors Mary and Lin, combined with their attention to detail, means you won't want to leave. Breakfast is locally sourced and delicious, while rooms are immaculate and thoughtfully decorated. The quiet location is perfect for a walk along the promenade into Mumbles village, and handily situated for sightseeing along the Gower Peninsula. Tides Reach felt like a home from home where nothing was too much trouble, and can't be beaten if you're after a relaxing break in a beautiful part of the world. Just don't forget to book your return trip!

Faulty Towers

by TripAdvisor Member Ingrid26

I was recommended this B&B, so arrived full of hope to find that my shower leaked and the owners, yelling to me to 'get out the shower', gave no thought to helping me move to a new room. Once dressed I had to pack and drag my things to the allocated room. Then at 2 am my room's fire-alarm battery failed beaping loudly, totally freaked I called the number for emergencies and got no one! I had a really important presentation the next day and was exhuasted. I was offered no refund and most importantly no apology; apart from a veiled reference that it was possibly 'my fault'.
Don't stay here.

Friendly and warm - in a lovely area

by TripAdvisor Member KristaCat

I was very tired when I arrived at the Tides Reach Hotel. The hotel's owner, Mary, made me a lovely cup of tea and some biscuits. Within a few minutes of entering I was wound down and felt at home.

The hotel is very cosy and extremely comfortable. It was welcoming and I did not feel like it was part of my working life to be here- how nice ! Also, the rooms are clean and pretty.

I walked up to the shops and restaurants (10 minutes), a lovely walk along the sea-front. There is a nice selection of places to eat and many restaurants serving fresh fish, my favourite.

The bed was so comfortable that I slept all night without waking and in the morning breakfast was delightful. Lovely fresh strawberries, figs and pineapple - yum. Cooked breakfast if you fancy.

I will definetely stay here again but I hope next time I can bring my husband :-)

Krista.

pete and lorna bournemouth

by TripAdvisor Member lorna1953

What a lovely guest house . everything we wanted and more.Mary and LIn were fantastic and a good laugh. room was fantastic ,one of the best we have ever stayed in, fantastic views across the mumbles.we will be back ASAP.thank you for a enjoyable stay.

Some might like it

by TripAdvisor Member Butterworthp

Its got good reviews generally, but its a bit iffy in my opinion. The lounge! for god's sake that is terrible. There are bedrooms next to the dining room. Our bedroom, on the 1st floor, was quite OK and the bed was good but it was all a bit cramped. There is no parking but you can park in the street around the corner - no problem. Breakfast, and the breakfast room, was depressing. The owner had dogs in the kitchen! There seemed to be many regulars there but this sort of place is not really what we like.

little gem of mumbles

by TripAdvisor Member flash10

Coming from the States taking a risk as we knew nothing about this hotel but thought their Web site was very informative. Proprietors most helpful Certainly went out of their way to be great hosts even taking us into the city one day .Unfortunately breakfast too good so gained a lot of weight Our bedroom overlooked the beautiful bay the rooms provided everything and the genuine antiques just added that extra touch I felt like saying "Now that we have found you we will not tell a soul" as we would like to keep it for ourselves but we will share this little gem with all to care to vist this delighful place Barbara,Pat

"Subjective" adj.

by TripAdvisor Member sleepytopcat

1.existing in a person`s mind and not produced by things outside it,not objective.- Oxford Dictionary.
While understanding that most reviews will be subjective, I find the recent critical review of Tides Reach very hard to understand. It is the most delightful place to stay with very high standards, as previously reported by others, and a happy atmosphere.
For the past 35 years I have stayed in hotels/guest houses at least 60/70 nights per year and can`t think of many that are more comfortable and in a nicer setting.

Swansea CastleSwansea Castle