Bath Rd, cnr Sipson Way, West Drayton, UB7 0DP, United Kingdom
IHG Agoda.com Orbitz.com

More about Holiday Inn London - Heathrow

Filled the bill except...

by TripAdvisor Member hotellooker

Needed a room for the night near T1. Attractive hotel and we got our requested view of the runways. Room and bath very clean. Shower faucet unusual and difficult to work. I am not a fan of the new upside down soap containers that you have to SQUEEZE. Had a bad club sandwich [fatty bacon and thick with mayo/egg] and not very good fish and chips in the bar. Very expensive for what it was. And, of course, there's the Hoppa Hoppa bus. Comes every 20 minutes, very convenient with a polite driver who lifts up your bags but it is now up to 4 pounds per person. I know there are public buses but with all the security to go through at Heathrow we didn't want to get up that early.

Don't stay at this hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member TreeDoc

We stayed two nights at the Holiday Inn on Bath Road and Sipson Way at Heathrow Airport on our way back to Canada from a vacation in Europe. Check in was rushed with papers being thrown at me to sign, etc. When we arrived in our room we discovered it was very warm and stuffy despite the window being open. I couldn't get the air conditioning to work so thought I might have to close the window to activate the AC. The window wouldn't close so I called down to the front desk for assistance. Thirty minutes later a staff member arrived and tried to close the window. After a few minutes he announced that the window could not be closed. The room was on the front of the hotel so it was very noisy with aircraft taking off and landing as well as highway traffic.

I then asked about the air conditioning and was told that it should work. The staff member tried it and couldn't get it to come on. He then stated that the AC had not been working in the entire hotel for three days.

We asked if there was another room available. He called down to the front desk and reported that there were only two available rooms. One was a smoking room (which we didn't want) and the other did not have a bath. We opted to stay where we were as we understood that the AC was out everywhere in the hotel so one room was as good as another.

Shortly after the the staff member left I had second thoughts about his story re the AC. Why did he try to get it to work and then announce that it had been out for three days in the entire hotel? I called down to the front desk and was told that the AC was out on that floor only. I asked if another room was available and after a few minutes was told that there was another room in a part of the hotel where the AC was working. We asked to be moved to that room and were told a porter would bring us the key for our new room.

To complicate things further we had ordered room service immediately upon entering our first room as it was after 11:00 PM and we hadn't had supper yet. I called room service to inform them of the change of room number. Despite that call, a few minutes later the room service arrived just as we were preparing to move to the new room. I asked that the food be taken to our new room. The waiter seemed to be in a rush and stated that we should eat in the first room as the food would be cold by the time he moved it to the second room. This was a valid point, however just then the phone rang and the front desk asked why we hadn't been down to pick up the key for our new room. I replied that we were told a porter would bring the key to us. The front desk person replied that it would be better if we picked up the key. He also made it very clear that the first room should appear as if it had not been used. Obviously they planned to put someone else in the room.

With this information I told the waiter we wanted the food moved to our new room and we then went to the front desk to get the key. On the way to the front desk the employee who had told us the AC was out in the entire building approached us. He seemed a bit upset and tried to explain that he meant the AC had been out on one floor only. I just nodded my head and collected the key for our new room.

The following day, in the evening, I called down to the front desk to ask for an iron and ironing board. An hour later it finally arrived. The porter who dropped it off told me to place it outside the room when we were finished with it, which we did. As we had an early flight the next day we went to bed at 10:00. At 10:30 the front desk called to ask why we hadn't returned the iron and ironing board. I explained that we had followed the instructions of the porter and left it outside our room. This satisfied the caller and we were left alone.

Hotels around Heathrow airport are expensive and I accept that, but I expect some competency and honesty in return. We certainly didn't get that from this hotel. In previous years we stayed at the Crowne Plaza and had much better service but at a higher price.

Stay away!

by TripAdvisor Member MrsTraveler63

I only have one good thing to say about this hotel. It's location. Right across the street from the airport. There are 3 different Holiday Inn's on Bath Road. I only found the right one because I had a picture of it along with me. Check in was okay. We were early so our rooms were not ready. Not a big deal since we were spending the day sightseeing before leaving for home in the morning. Requested a smoking room and ended up with non-smoking. Didn't realize it until we were already unpacked and in for the night. Mattresses are very hard. Woke up the next morning, turned on the light and was not prepared for what I saw. Bed bugs crawling on the sheets and pillows!!!! We hurried up and got dressed and got the hell out of that room> but not before my husband put a few in a glass of water to show the front desk. Needless to say it was a very interesting check out. I refused to pay for the room. They guaranteed that the room would be sealed off and cleaned. They comped us free breakfasts, but the food was horrible. I was just glad to get out of there!! And beware, the Hoppa bus does not go to terminal 4 only 1,2 and 3. We took a taxi and he charged us 25 pounds! To go across the street!!! What can you do but pay it? So because of all this, it created more work for me when I got home since I couldn't bring anything into the house less bugs get in my home! What should have been a relaxing and enjoyable time ended up a nightmare!!!!! Stay away from this hotel!!!

Not great but good location

by TripAdvisor Member traveller_Claire

It is a great location to start off with. I arrived back into LHR at 9:30pm and was glad I had decided to stay overnight there before driving home as was tired. I got one of the last parking spaces which is expected at that time of night, but just be prepared.

I booked a single smoking room and got a non-smoking twin room. to be honest it was late and I was tired so I wasn't bothered about smoking as I just wanted to sleep by the time I got there so that was fine, but in reality they booked me the wrong room.

Also, every double door in the hotel (of which there are a lot) is not automatic so you have to open it by hand, which is very hard with two suitcases if you're on your own. It is also not complying with DDA regulations I'd have thought (Disability Discrimination Regulations), an industry within which I work! I got very frustrated opening the many many sets of doors you have to toget to your room. There's even a set before each lift! I don't know how people with disabilites manage.

A finao disappointing event was that my boyfriend had called the hotel (in fact all of them at Heathrow in case he got the wrong one!) to order some flowers to be put in my room. However he was told that I wasn't staying there, when clearly was!!! This I shall be taking up with the hotel as it could have been that he was trying to contact me urgently!

The room was alos lacking vital info like details of breakfast - price and where to go. so I decied not to eat there on check-out.

I did have a room with a great view of the runway, but....

I would stay there again if necessary but would look at everywhere else first!!!!

Lookout for great rates and the cab sting

by TripAdvisor Member LookMumNoKids

This Holiday Inn is a handy flop spot for bleary Heathrow toers and froers on early flights or those who shuttle in close to curfew and prefer to put off the extortionary trip to central London at least for the night. Of course anyone contemplating an HI stay is not shooting for luxury and this property is not going to surprise. Nonetheless the rooms here are comfortable, clean and, well, roomy. We secured a pretty good rate on-line which included a full English breakfast but on our second visit it became clear great rates are available at weekends but take off during the week. Three alerts need to be posted:
1. The front desk staff during our check-ins were dismissive and surly and in at least one case, downright rude. For some newcomers to the country this may prove a necessary warm-up for the encounters ahead with other service people throughout the UK.
2. There are three Holiday Inns at Heathrow and everyone, even knowledgable London cabbies, is confused. At least two are served by the Heathrow's Hoppa-Bus Service (which costs 4 pds per person one-way) but signage is vague and you could end up at the wrong pub. A cab ride to this hotel is generally quoted at 10pds.
3. Beware the sting at the front desk when ordering a cab to the airport (or elsewhere). There appears to be an arrangement favouring certain private drivers who can spring expensive surprises on transitting/exiting guests.
We were offered a cost-sharing pool-ride with four other travellers only to have the driver demand 10 pds per couple for a five minute ride to T3 (Total fare 30pds). On another occasion the front desk quoted 10pds for the service while, at the other end, our driver (unsuccessfully) demanded 15pds - a premium 'for luggage'. Overall, though, this Holiday Inn serves a useful purpose and a stout breakfast.

Great room. Fee for early check-in. Expensive airport transfer.

by TripAdvisor Member RI_Al

This hotel is brand new and absolutely beautiful. However, their check-in policies are the most antagonistic I have ever experienced. We arrived at the hotel a bit before 10:00 in the morning, tired and jetlagged, only to be told that, while our room was ready, we would either have to wait 'till noon to check in or pay an additional 20 pound (US$40) early check in fee. We were also surprised to find that, even though this is an “airport hotel,” there is a shuttle fee of 4 pounds (US$8) each way from the airport to the hotel. The hotel food is expensive; 15 pounds (US$30) per person for breakfast. If you walk around the block however, you’ll find an authentic English pub (The King somebody) with fantastic food, a wonderful friendly atmosphere, and very reasonable prices.

If you’ll be arriving in the afternoon you’ll get a great room at a reasonable price. If you’ll be arriving in the morning… look elsewhere.

Acceptable

by TripAdvisor Member pink_lady-7

My husband and I stayed overnight here. The hotel is very quiet although it's close to Heathrow - take the H4 shuttle bus.
There was lots of hot water and a good selection of TV stations available. Negatives were - no shampoo provided and no iron.

Great for stop overs

by TripAdvisor Member Brude

Stayed here for a night in March for an early connection. I was very pleased with the overall standard. Clean and spacious room, excellent bathroom, comfy bed and pleasant staff. Evening meal was excellent and augmented by good service. Taxi booked for early morning was on time and stuck to the arranged £10. I could not fault the hotel but the shuttle from H4 is a bit confusing since there are a few Holiday Inns. Still we got there easily enough after showing the driver a picture of the hotel. Well worth it for a stay at Heathrow.

Good clean and convenient

Stayed overnight before getting a very early flight.
The buffet was really good quality and overall a clean pleasant stay.
It was the first time I had stayed in a holiday inn hotel, and based on this first time, I will do so again.

Yes and no

by TripAdvisor Member WaltR

We booked this as a package through Holiday Extras and chose this hotel as it was one of the few that offered parking in excess of 15 days.
Check in was quick and efficient but the signs for rooms could be better - we ended up walking far too far and only found a shorter route later on.
The room itself was fine with a reasonable, no more, amount of space and clean efficient bathroom.
A taxi, arranged by the hotel, was £14 to Terminal 4 which although more expensive than the Hoppa (followed by the HEX) was far more convenient as we had a lot of luggage.
The downside was the food. We had a meal in the restaurant in the evening and the sirloin steak was the worst and one of the most expensive I have ever seen in my life. On asking for a steak knife, you certainly needed it to cut the meat, we were told there were none as "they are all being used in room service". The only positive was that we asked for a half bottle of wine but were given a whole bottle but only charged for a half. Breakfast was better, it could hardly have been worse, but expensive for what it was.

Heathrow hotels

by thisisbanane

I have been looking at the hotels near Heathrow on the internet, but am just wondering whether any of you have any other info.

I am looking for a hotel that has Travelodge prices (i.e. about £60 per night), but WITH a shuttle service from the airport if possible as I can't drive.

I'll be meeting my boyfriend from New York in September, and he has been there since mid-June - exciting!!

by BerniShand

if the hotel classes itself as an airport hotel it usually has a shuttle bus, if you google `heathrow airport hotels` you can get some great deals on top hotels, find one you like the look of then ring the hotel direct to ask about airport access, but book through the website as its cheaper

we got a great deal off a website in May, a room usually costing £145 for only £76 including 8 days parking !

by hayward68

I stayed at Holiday Inn Heathrow Ariel, it's very near the airport and an airport shuttle stops at that hotel. I think it's called the Hoppa??? It's one of the cheaper Holiday Inns and you can get great prices on the Holiday Inn website. I had a room for about £50 in April.

by hawkhead

We booked the Holiday Inn at Heathrow but in the end cancelled as our plans changed. However, I do know it was in your price range and it has a shuttle service.

by travelmad478

Actually, as far as I know NO hotels have free shuttles at LHR--ridiculous, but it's the result of some strange rule or agreement with the Heathrow ground transport administration. But don't worry, you will not have to walk to your hotel. There are two ways to get to the nearby hotels: first is the Heathrow Hoppa, a bus that goes around to all the hotels (there are several routes, so pay attention to which one you're getting on). This thing costs a few pounds, which I think is pretty outrageous. The second way is to use the bus terminal outside the airport's Terminal 2--several of the local buses that serve Heathrow allow you to ride to the hotels nearby for free.

by thisisbanane

Thanks very much!!

by arv1

Theres the travel inn near to Heathrow which i believe is within the price range you mentioned. I think the Ibis is also in your price range.

I don't know about the hotel hoppa but you can take some buses to both these hotels free of charge. I know you can definately take the 111 or the 105, from the central bus station. You can locate this easily from the Central bus station, which is near terminals 1,2,3. If you get off at terminal 4, you can take the heathrow express to terminals 1,2,3 (which is free as long as you DONT go to paddington) and then walk to the bus station.

If you have any more questions you can email, as i am local to that area!

Arvi :D

by paulinuk2u

look at superbreaks.com use yahoo

Comments