Lichfield Road | nr Sutton Coldfield, Wishaw B76 9PR, England

More about The Belfry

The Worst!!

by TripAdvisor Member 276SWC

Never Again!!

Having just returned from a golf trip with 8 friends I have to say this is the worst "Golf Resort" I have stayed in. When I finally reached the front of the check-in queue the receptionist (Helen) asked if I could wait a minute, while she assisted another receptionist, 10mins later she returned and asked if she could help..oblivious to the fact that she asked me to wait....bad start! We stayed in the Woodland lodges which were spacious, but tired!. Went to Sam's for lunch the food was okay but the service was shocking, with untrained, unhelpful staff!. Played the Brabazon in the afternoon and although the course was in good condition the 5 1/2 hour round is a disgrace. This resort is a "Corporate Money Making Machine" with no regard for quality and standards. The golf buggies even have towing arms as the buggies are out on the course from dawn to dusk without charging between rounds and our buggy ran out of battery at the 16th and we had to abandon on the middle of the fairway. On the second day we played the PGA course, which turned out to be even worse, we abandoned the game after taking 2 hours for 4 holes. This was after calling out the Course manager to chase the groups along! They list 24 as the maximum handicap allowed, however they turn a blind eye to this in favour of monetary gain! The buffet breakfast was okay, however if you order anything outwith the buffet then be prepared to chase it up and wait 30mins+. it is also touch and go whether your tea will arrived hot or luke warm as they brew the pots and then stack them on a hot plate, unfortunately the 2 out of the 3 pots I received was luke warm tar! I could go on, but I'm sure I've made my point. ..They offered us vouchers to come back again, .. but there is no chance of that!!!

Worst Hotel in the UK!

by TripAdvisor Member joshj6618

This is by far the worst hotel in the UK. If you think it is a nice, 21st century hotel you would be wrong. The service is to be nice, useless. The staff are dumb and unhelpful. The average guest is a hooligan in golf clothing.

The food gave my girlfriend food poisoning and the noise kept us up until 1am until the food poisoning kicked in and i have stayed in nice, more moden and cleaner rooms in a holiday inn express, there also is one not far away and i wish i would have stayed there instead!

I have never ever stayed at a worse place and i have stayed in top 5 star hotels and also many basic hotels as well. All would have been better than this one.

Comments