Armenia Hotels

Our Members Say

• Karolins profile photo Karolins
  • Reviews: 1

Apartment for rent in central Yerevan: Apartment in Yerevan

Nice, cozy apartment right in central Yerevan, 5 minutes away from the Republic Metro station and Republic Square.
Shops, restaurants, cinemas, theatres, beauty saloons, gyms, pools and everything else that one needs are within 3 minute distance from this place.

This two-bedroom apartment is located on Toumanyan Street, on the 3-rd floor of a stone building with a balcony facing the street. Total residential area is 80 sq.m. It is in central Yerevan, 5 minutes away from the Republic Metro station and Republic Square.
The apartment is new renovated, perfectly furnished, it is equipped with AC, TV set, telephone line, a perfect kitchen, has a hot and cold water, natural gas and has comfortable furniture. There are two twin size beds in one bedroom and one king size bed in second bedroom. There is water tank, pump and filter. Water tank's capacity is 300 liter. Clients are provided with the clean linen and towels.
Daily price for apartment is 75 USD.

• Related to: Business Travel, Budget Travel, Family Travel
  • Written November 2, 2006

Khachik Mirakyan B&B, Goris

Khachik Mirakayan B&B is a nice and welcoming place. The family has got three bedrooms for tourists, a bathroom and a small common area with TV (satellite) and a kettle, tea, Nescafe and sweets. From the balcony there is a great view and you can sit there to have breakfast or dinner. Breakfast is included in the price, but dinner is 2500 drams extra (August 2006). If you want to have dinner it is good to tell Karine of it earlier so she will have time to prepare.
I didn’t make a reservation before arriving but got a nice room with two comfortable beds as I arrived. The first night there was only one other visitor, but the second night there were five other tourists staying at the B&B, so I think it can be good to call in advance to make a reservation, just to be sure to get a room.
As I arrived back from Tatev the family was having lunch and invited me to eat with them. That’s very nice of them. In the evening Khachik made tea in the samovar for all of us staying there.
For the room and breakfast I paid 8000 drams a night (20 dollars).

• Written September 1, 2006

View from the balkony

Hotel Dina, Sisian

As I arrived to Hotel Dina I was shown two different rooms. One was a small single room without bathroom (there was a shared bathroom in the corridor) and one was a double room with bathroom. The single room was 3000 drams and the double was 8000 drams (almost 20 dollars).

As there is not very much to do in Sisian and I probably was going to spend some time at the hotel I decided to pay more to get more space and my own bathroom. There was a TV in all rooms.

Breakfast is not included in the price but was 1200 drams extra. It is a big breakfast. The woman in the reception speaks English and can help to call a taxi for tours.

The hotel is situated in an old big stone building, some steps up from Sisakan Poghots.

• Related to: Road Trip, Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written August 25, 2006

My room at Hotel Dina

Ghazarayan's Guesthouse (Dili Villa), Dilijan

In Dilijan I stayed at a lovely guesthouse, Ghazaryan’s Guesthouse (Dili Villa). Home at the moment when I was there was the manager Nune and her daughter in law, Anne. They were very kind and helpful and cooked great food. Bed, breakfast and dinner (more than you can eat) was 11000 drams (July 2006) And I was not charged for using the washing machine.

The house is situated in the end of a small road, surrounded by trees. On the balcony there is a hammock where it is nice to sit in the summer evenings. In the yard there is a ping-pong table for the ones who like to play.
Nune’s husband is an artist so the house is decorated with many of his paintings. There are several rooms for guests and a modern bathroom. As I left I got a small embroidered Armenian letter that Nune had made.
It is really a place to recommend!

• Written August 20, 2006

Dili Villa

Flamingo, Sevan

There are not many cheap places around Sevan mentioned in my guidebook. As it was August (holiday and crowded) I wanted to make a reservation and tried to call Tsovinar, but the number in the book was wrong. Arriving to Sevan Peninsula I went to Tsovinar, but it was full. I was told to go to Flamingo, which is the next place, with huts under the trees, not far from the beach. I got a basic room with bathroom for 10 000 drams (August 2006).
It can be noisy on the beach in the evening. There were two beach discos (the music was not too loud), but none at Flamingo beach, which was good. The walls in the huts are thin and my neighbours played music and it sounded like it was played in my room. At 21.30 they stopped and it was quiet.
I paid for one night when I arrived. Next morning woke up early and was ready to leave at 7.20. I walked down to the beach and couldn’t see anyone at all. Where should I leave my key and where could I get a taxi? I sat down by the lake and ate some chips. At 7.45 someone was in the restaurant and they called someone I could leave the key to. I asked where I could get a taxi to Sevan and they said I could go up to the road and stop a bus. But as the beach area was deserted at 8, so was the road. After walking towards Sevan for a while I got a lift with a small lorry.

• Related to: Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written August 19, 2006

The hut I stayed in

Natasha and Lentrush's Guesthouse, Vandazor

Coming to Vandazor I had not jet made up my mind about where to stay. Should I stay at Heghine and Ashot's Guesthouse, said to be well-established with a big breakfast, or should I stay at Natasha and Lentrush's Guesthouse where English was spoken. Both guesthouses are on the same street and as I arrived the children outside Natasha and Lentush's Guesthouse ran in and called their mother. As they already ha announced my arrival I went in to that guesthouse.

I was shown to a big blue bedroom where I got a bed I slept very well in. As I arrived the women called her daughter (on the phone), who speaks English. She told me breakfast is 2000 drams extra and the bus to Dilijan leaves at 9am (it leaves at 8.30). The room was 7000 drams (July 2006). The rooms and bathroom are very clean.

In the morning I got a big breakfast. I ate two eggs and bread with butter and cream cheese. There were many other things I don't like for breakfast; sausages, meat, sour cream, jam and a smelly cheese.

• Related to: Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written August 16, 2006

The room I slept in

• drtad profile photo drtad
  • Reviews: 8

Sevan lake: Hasnagar Hotel and Resort

It was great in july the climate was really good and in the hotel I rest very well.
Harsnaqar is very well situated on the Sevan shore is just 2 minutes of driving distance form the Sevan peninsula. It is located on a small hill. The rooms are very convenient and newly refurbished. Hasrnaqar hotel is an ideal place for a leisure traveller who wants to keep more money for everyday life in Sevan and still enjoy cosy rooms and all amenities of a modern hotel.

Harsnaqar Hotel Features
Reception hall, Hotel safe, Cafe, Vegetarian food, Smoke detectors, Non-smoking rooms, Telephone, Lobby, Car parking, Lounge, News stand, Check-in - 3 p.m., Check-out - 12 noon.
Harsnaqar Hotel Rooms Features
Air-conditioning, Operable windows, TV in room, Minibar, Satellite TV, Dial phone next to bed, Hair-drier, Iron board, Soundproof windows, Permanent hot water, Cosmetic mirror.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Castles and Palaces, Budget Travel, Historical Travel
  • Written June 17, 2005
Tip Photo

Hasnagar hotel water games and pool /Armenia

• snehulak profile photo snehulak
  • Reviews: 81

Host family stay

Don't rule out staying with an Armenian family during your travels. They are very accommodating and will make your stay more "real". Check with friends or at travel offices in Yerevan for recommendations. Just mention to anybody that you are looking for a host family and I guarantee that you will get several offers. Expect to pay less than $20 per night including meals.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written October 23, 2004

• snehulak profile photo snehulak
  • Reviews: 81

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Erebuni

Relatively inexpensive russian-era hotel on Republic Square. Rooms are spare, and run about $30 per night.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Historical Travel
  • Written October 22, 2004

List of Central Area Hotels in Yerevan

Ani Plaza Hotel at 19 Sayat Nova Ave Tel: 594500 Fax: 565343 Email: info@anihotel.com Web: www.anihotel.com

Ararat Hotel at 7 Grigor Lusavorich Street Tel: 510000, 541100 Fax: 511101 Email: info@ararathotel.am Web: www.ararathotel.am

Armenia Marriott Hotel at 1 Amirian Street Tel: 599000 Fax: 599001 Email: info@hotelarmenia.com Web: www.hotelarmenia.com

Astafian Hotel at 5/1 Abovian street Tel: 39 521111 Fax: 39 564572 Email: astafian@netsys.am Web: www.astafian.am

Aviatrans Hotel at 4 Abovian street Tel: 567226, 567228 Fax: 584442 Email: hotel@aviatrans.am Web: www.aviatrans.am/aviahot.html

Congress Hotel at Shahumian Square Tel: 580095 Fax: 522224 Email: congress@arminco.com

Erebuni Hotel at 26/1 Nalbandian Street Tel: 564993 Fax: 564993

Guest House of the University at 52 Mashtots street Tel: 560003 Email: pr-int@ysu.am

Shirak Hotel at 13a Khorenatsi Street Tel: 529915 Fax: 529915 Email: shirak_hotel@infocom.am Web: www.shirak-hotel.am

Yerevan Hotel at 14 Abovian street Tel: 589400 Fax: 564677 Email: yerhot@arminco.com Web: www.hotelyerevan.com

• Related to: Family Travel, Business Travel
  • Written September 25, 2004

Ani Plaza Hotel by Night in Yerevan

Homestay Undoubtedly the Best Option

A bit more about staying at someone's house rather than a hotel.. I will provide information about hotels as well but I think homestay will provide the realest Armenian experience...

At homestay, dinner may be requested and will prove to be a much more authentically Armenian experience than restaurants will provide. One snag is of course the language barrier and a second is that most parts of the city only receive water for a few hours a day so ablution may perforce be with water from a bucketat times. Also there will only be one bathroom for everyone, both you and the household.

Homestays, invariably safe and usually very comfortable, can be arranged either through Armenia Information whose office is open daily from 9am to 7pm at 3 Nalbandian Street (Tel: +374 1 542303, 542304); email: help@armeniainfo.am; web: www. armeniainfo.am or through Yerevan travel agents.

Staying at someone's house will give you a quite different insight into Armenian life. Expect to pay a few dollars a night with a modest supplement for meals. It's best to buy a street plan beforehand and then ask the travel agent to show you where you are going as the biggest problem is often finding the right place.

• Related to: Study Abroad, Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written September 25, 2004

Children of a Family We Spent a Night w/ in Goris

People Genuinenly Ask to Stay in their House

While searching the streets of "Goris", a city in Eastern Armenia near Nagorno Karabakh looking for a hotel or a place to spend the night, we drove by an Armenian soldier whom we asked about directions to a hotel. His response was "Need a hotel, come over to my family's house, we'll provide you with a place to stay"..

It was his genuine offer and his persistance which led us to stay the night at his house with his family.. They fed us dinner and Armenian Vodka (a must I may add) and gave us their bed to sleep in.. They spent the night sleeping on the floor which we found out in the morning.. Otherwise, we would not have let them do that..

I just want to stress the quality and the depth to these people who go out of their way to make their guests feel welcome!!! To their actions and humbleness, I have no words to utter but many emotions and feelings to experience..

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking, Road Trip
  • Written September 13, 2004

Family we stayed with in Goris, Armenia

• Paul60 profile photo Paul60
  • Reviews: 10

Hotel Armenia (Marriott): A Known Commodity

This is a 4-star Marriott hotel in Armenia. It is a very modern western-style, high rise hotel with superb accommodations.

Outstanding staff and service. All the rooms in the Ararat Wing of the Hotel are identical and are fairly large Junior Suites. Hotel pick-up and drop off service is strongly recommended for foreign visitors.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Historical Travel, Business Travel, Family Travel
  • Written November 14, 2003

Hotel Debed, Alaverdi

This is what my guidebook says about the hotel:
"Hotel Debed charges AMD 5,500 and is worth half that. There's no water, no toilettpaper or even a toilet seat, the lift doesn't work, but the staff saems determined to take as much money from tourists as they can."

Not a very inviting description, but as there are no other hotels in Alaverdi this is where I went. To the above you can add that it is freezing cold.
Now it sounds like it is a horrible place but it isn't. The staff made me hot tea and gave me extra blankets because I had a cold.
They cook good meals. The meals I prefered to eat down in the foaje where it is warmer, rather than alone in the room.
Breakfast is 1500 drams. Dinner 1700/2000 drams. You get a lot of food and I could far from eat everything.
For a room I paid 4000 drams a night.
The hotel is situated in Sanahin, a suburb about 3 km above Alaverdi. This location is superb as you can visit the monastary both in the evening and morning.
If you are comming from Vandazor by bus tell the driver you are going to Sanahin. Then you will be dropped by the cable car (50 drams) that will take you to Sanahin. This stop is after Alaverdi busstation.

• Written July 1, 2003

Gayane's homestay

In Yerevan I have stayed with Gayane Simonayan. She has two rooms for rent. In 2003 I paid 5 dollars a night and in 2006 the price was 4500 drams a night (about 11,5 dollars). The location, just opposite the opera, is very good and central. From here you can walk to most places in Yerevan. The view from the room (on the forth floor) was great as you could see Mount Ararat, but unfortunately they are constructing new tall buildings in Yerevan and Ararat can’t be seen any more.
Gayane is a nice and kind woman. She knows just a little English but there is no problems to understand each other. When I visited in 2006 Gayane’s daughter was also living in the apartment and she speaks perfect English and French.
As in many other places in Armenia the water is not always supplied the hole day. In 2006 it was better than in 2003 and there was water most of the day, but after eight in the evening it was not always there. For those occasions Gayane keeps water in a big barrel in the bathroom.

• Written June 21, 2003