MARRIOTT: WORTH IT?
The Marriott actually forms part of the 4 corners of Republic Square. Its an ornate building on the outside, but a bit cramped on the inside. I stayed nearby and went for a look. I can't say I was blown away except by the prices they wanted for a room. Considering there is no indoor pool, I can't see justification for charging double the price of some other hotels - with an indoor pool - just a couple of blocks away. I must say I did like their 'public' toilets that were still upstairs and away from the lobby. The lobby itself was white. small and sterile. I have listed some of the amenities below, but for the money you could find a hotel with much more character, exciting facilities and pay less.
I love Marriott, but not this one.
WHAT THEY HAVE
• Coffee/tea facilities
• ‘Internet’ at a hefty $25 a day – no mention of Wi-Fi on the website – good luck!
• Mini-bar and water – all for a fee
• Ironing board and steam iron, safe, closet
• Alarm clock
• Rooms look pokey on the website
RESTAURANTS AND BARS
• Cucina – Italian restaurant
• Armenia Brasserie – International (breakfast only)
• Scoop – Ice cream
• Cristal Bar&Lounge – lunch, dinner, drinks
• Meeting Point Cafe
• 9 rooms, some huge
• No mention of Wi-fi
• Coffee and tea (I never saw it!)
• Free !