Sevan Hotels

Our Members Say

• littlebush profile photo littlebush
  • Reviews: 1132

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Albatross: Cargo container city

Nearly all of the accommodation in Sevan is in a Domiki, a cargo container converted into a home! it had a fridge, tv and crap shower and could sleep 5. it was 20,000AMD for a night, so between 3 of us was cheap. theres nothing on sight but a bar and a beach. the beach was grim, the bar closed at night. its a long one hour or more walk to the peninsula.
otherwise ok.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written September 6, 2013

• call_me_rhia profile photo call_me_rhia
  • Reviews: 4297

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

hotel miami: a "local" tourist hotel

Hotel Miami is a local tourist hotel, in the sense that it only catered to Armenians... and we were the first foreign tourists to stay there. Obviously we had been given the address by someone "local". The hotel is on the lake, with a small private beach and a large garden - there are several swimming-pools for kids - all with murky water.

The room was very nice and with satellite TV - which proved useless as all channels were either in Armenian or Russian. Breakfast is Armenian-style - huge and far too heavy for my taste. Noodles and wurst at 9 am are definitely not for me...

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Backpacking, Road Trip
  • Written August 23, 2006
Tip Photo

hotel miami

• MalenaN profile photo MalenaN
  • Reviews: 4938

Flamingo, Sevan Peninsula

There are not many cheap places around Sevan mentioned in my guidebook. As it was August (holiday and crowded) I wanted to make a reservation and tried to call Tsovinar, but the number in the book was wrong. Arriving to Sevan Peninsula I went to Tsovinar, but it was full. I was told to go to Flamingo, which is the next place, with huts under the trees, not far from the beach. I got a basic room with bathroom for 10 000 drams (August 2006).
It can be noisy on the beach in the evening. There were two beach discos (the music was not too loud), but none at Flamingo beach, which was good. The walls in the huts are thin and my neighbours played music and it sounded like it was played in my room. At 21.30 they stopped and it was quiet.
I paid for one night when I arrived. Next morning woke up early and was ready to leave at 7.20. I walked down to the beach and couldn’t see anyone at all. Where should I leave my key and where could I get a taxi? I sat down by the lake and ate some chips. At 7.45 someone was in the restaurant and they called someone I could leave the key to. I asked where I could get a taxi to Sevan and they said I could go up to the road and stop a bus. But as the beach area was deserted at 8, so was the road. After walking towards Sevan for a while I got a lift with a small lorry.

• Opinion of Price: N/A