Sanain Hotels

Our Members Say

• MalenaN profile photo MalenaN
  • Reviews: 4903

Hotel Debed

This is what my guidebook says about the hotel:
"Hotel Debed charges AMD 5,500 and is worth half that. There's no water, no toilet paper or even a toilet seat, the lift doesn't work, but the staff seems determined to take as much money from tourists as they can."

Not a very inviting description, but as there are no other hotels in Alaverdi this is where I went. To the above you can add that it is freezing cold.
Now it sounds like it is a horrible place but it isn't. The staff made me hot tea and gave me extra blankets because I had a cold.
They cook good meals. The meals I preferred to eat down in the reception area where it is warmer, rather than alone in the room.
Breakfast is 1500 drams. Dinner 1700/2000 drams. You get a lot of food and I could far from eat everything.
For a room I paid 4000 drams a night (June 2003).
The hotel is situated in Sanahin, a suburb about 3 km above Alaverdi. This location is superb as you can visit the monastery both in the evening and morning.
If you are coming from Vandazor by bus tell the driver you are going to Sanahin. Then you will be dropped by the cable car (50 drams) that will take you to Sanahin. This stop is after Alaverdi bus station.

• Opinion of Price: N/A