26/1 Nalbandyan St., Republic Square, Yerevan 0010, Armenia

Booking.com Despegar.com eDreams

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• DAO's Profile Photo

PERFECTLY PLACED

The Erebuni is almost right in Independence Square. It is essential one building, not a street behind it and the archway you go through has the Post Office just on the right. In terms of exploration and orientation – you are in the center of everything. Reception was friendly, the hotel is spotlessly clean and my room was great. They also do food, but I have seen a review where this is not recommended. With every bar and restaurant an easy walk nearby, this is a fantastic base for everything you could need.

My room was good sized, had a comfortable bed, some toiletries, satellite TV with CNN, mini-bar and some other good amenities. It also had the most massive shower I have ever seen in a hotel and plenty of hot water.

This is an excellent choice for business people, anyone in Yerevan for a short time or anyone on a medium budget. Bizarrely they DO NOT take credit cards. They have seasonal rates, so you may want to review their website.

Unique Quality:

In the middle of everything Yerevan has to offer.

Directions: Underground: Republic Square

More about Yerevan

KomitasKomitas

Republic SquareRepublic Square

Soviet era steam locomotiveSoviet era steam locomotive

The sanctumThe sanctum

Travel Tips for Yerevan

How to get to the genocide memorial

by kr_en

You certainly can go by a "marshrutka" (costs 100 drams). Don't know about all possible numbers but I picked number 88 at Sayat-Nova street (just at the front door of my homestay). Exit immediately when it goes accross a bridge and climb a hill (stairs) towards something like a sports hall. Walk around it until you see a semi abandoned park (incl. a statue of a mother with a child). Go through that park and you'll reach the museum (opens at 11). You can return by descending anothe path just behind the monument and then turn right and you'll reach a stadium. Victory bridge and the Yerevan downtown will follow soon.

Climate considerations

by Narunj

The climate is continental. Cold spells, however, do occur and low temperatures are frequent, both on the high mountains and in the deep, enclosed valleys. The average temperatures are: -5 degrees in Celsius in winter, +11in spring, +35 in summer and +13 in autumn. People in Armenia dress like in Europe. Early in spring and late in autumn short changes in temperature are possible here at the flowing of one day. For spring or autumn it is advisable to take warm and comfortable clothes. Summers are hot in Armenia, but be sure to bring an umbrella in the case of rain.

Tbilisi-Yerrevan Mershutska

by Doctor38

The trip was less painful than what I excpected. I reached the Ortachalla bus station @ 8:30. When I arrived 2 buses have already departured the station. If you arrive early then you'll have the luxuray of choosing you seat. We waited for about an hour for the Marshutska to fill (around 15 passender). The bus station at Tbilisi had very clean Toillet facility (you have to pay .2 lary to use it) and it had few canteens and little shops. The Mershutska ticket cost 30 Lari. A bus left the station 1/2 before we did but these buses are incredibly slow. There was a room for bags @ the back.

We arrived @ the borders after 1:30 hour and I had my visa so I had little problem. There was a German gentelman who had to buy a visa. He paid 30 US $ for it and his ordeal was TOTALLY painless and very smooth. When finnished with our passport we went to the bus to find out that costoms were done checking our bags. I was surprized because mine was locked, I was told they just looked at it from the out side and then put back again in the bus. 2 hours later we stopped @ a little resturant by the river for an hour, where there was a toilet. I recommend that you bring your own food and drink because the resturant was very expensive. The entire trip with boarder crossing and the hour took about 6.5 hours.

Sorry I could not describe the Yerevan bus station because I was exhausted. I took a taxi to down town. I was charged 1000 Dram but i told later by friends that it should have costed me 700 Dram. I was also told that there was a bus between the the station and down town area, I was tired and wanted to get to the hotel as soon as I can

There are a lot of restaurants...

by IngaA

There are a lot of restaurants in the centre of the city and near tourist places. Just try any of them
About the cogniac, just a small feature : it was the only one that Winston Churchill was drinking. He was a real fan of Armenian cogniak! Armenian cuisine is very nice and healthy. Their 'visit card', 'lavash' bread with spice herbs and chese, flavour cake 'gatha', honey cake 'pakhlava' and many others. And of course, one of the most known things about Armenia - Armenian cogniac. At the time of USSR a bottle of armenian cogniac was a kind of present everybody dreamed of. Remember the marks - Akhtamar, Dvin or Ayni, they are highly classified at the world level.

Listen to Armenian music

by Ruai

You can of course go for concerts of this but another way is to go to a restaurant that puts on a band. Its a pleasant way to spend an evening and the food is usually good too (enjoyed all the food I had in Armenia but that may be because I'm a meat-eater who likes barbeques :-)

Comments