Yerevan Hotels

Our Members Say

• etfromnc profile photo etfromnc
  • Reviews: 618

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Capital Hotel: There are at least 36

Our all-knowing VT Tour Guides data base states that there are 35 hotels in Yerevan. There must be at least 36 because six of my best friends and I just spent 15 nights in the somewhat less than sumptuous Capital Hotel. It was adequate and near the home of Armenia's president but other than sharing a building with Doctors without Borders, I cannot imagine many dignitaries staying there. Our group had a 4-bedroom, 2-bath unit which is actually in front the main hotel facility. Our accomodations had one large shower room with a commode and sink in it so that only one of those three functions could be used at any given time. There was also another small room with a commode which had an annoying tendency to run ad nauseum. We also had a range and refrigerator, both of which seemed to function adequately but there were no cooikng equipment nor dishes. Having said all of that, the most annoying feature of our house was the very sporadic availability of hot water. As a group, we all tried the restaurant once and we must have miscommunicated because after we were all ensconced in our seats, we were told that the restaurant was closed. Nevertheless, they did bring us food, of sorts, but to my knowledge, none of us tried this restaurant again. They professed to have WiFi but I was never able to access it and only one or two of my companions had better, but nevertheless less than satisfactory results.

Having recounted all of their shortcomings in the preceding paragraph, I would nevertheless recommend this facility for small, congenial groups of 8-9 people.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written April 3, 2012

• danielforrester1930 profile photo danielforrester1930
  • Reviews: 1

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Mkudro: Hotel Mkudro

If you need a place to stay in Tbilisi for 35$ a night Hotel Mkudro is the place for you.
Welcome to the Hotel Mkudro Tbilisi

Hotel description:

Hotel Mkudro is situated at one of the most ecologically pure areas of Tbilisi. Comfortable and quiet atmosphere is the guarantee of perfect rest for you.
Hotel is surrounded by the evergreen gardens; Standard Rooms with 2 separate beds for 35$ and Lux rooms with double room for 45$
Hotel management can provide you a car with a guide to take a trip across the city. Local Cabs charge 3-5$ from the Hotel to downtown.
Contact Info
( + 995 99 ) 50 13 14
E-mail: info@hotel-mkudro.ge
hotel-mkudro@mail.ru
Website: http://www.hotel-mkudro.ge/

Wireless Internet, Cable TV with over 600 channels, heating and Air Conditioning.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written April 10, 2011

• DAO profile photo DAO
  • Reviews: 3677

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

PAREV INN (PAREV DOON): THE NICEST PLACE I NEVER STAYED AT !

I highly recommend that you stay with these super-nice folks. Do to an error on my part, I was not able to actually stay with them. When I showed up in Yerevan and rang them, I found out I had forgotten to email them my confirmation when I arrived in Yerevan. Within seconds they had negotiated a good hotel at the same rate. In effect they had taken swift and great care of me even though I did not end up being one of their guests.

Parev Inn is owned by a Canadian-Armenian couple and is near the Yeritasardakan Metro Station. They are easily contactable by email or telephone and, of course, speak English.

They are really nice and helped me when I really needed them.

Thanks nice Parev People!

PLEASE NOTE: These great pictures were actually provided to me by the folks at Parev. I told you they were nice!

They list as as standard:

European standard Bathrooms (no surprises), Air Conditioning, Refrigerator, Hair dryer, Soap & Shampoo, Rooms are cleaned everyday and the towels are changed. Bed Linen is changed every other day They do serve breakfast as well to get you off to a good start on your day.

• Related to: Singles, Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written March 27, 2011

LOOKS GREAT !

• GIPA profile photo GIPA
  • Reviews: 52

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

single room: europe hotel

I stayed there during one week.
I stayed at a room at the first floor with a nice view to mount Ararat.
The breakfast was nice , with apricots , white cherries and other fruits.
Its near from republic square and central Yerevan by walking.

• Written July 11, 2009

• RaffiKojian profile photo RaffiKojian
  • Reviews: 19

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Numerous companies: Apartment rentals by the night are a great option.

There are many companies that offer apartment rentals to tourists visiting Yerevan. This can be a much cheaper alternative to hotels, especially if you are a group of 3 or more visitors. Apartments that sleep 2 to 10 people are available in excellent central locations. Prices and quality vary wildly by apartment and by broker, but if you either book online, or just spend your first day at a hotel while checking out a few apartments, you might be much happier with your deal. Prices can also come down a great deal if you stay a while. An apartment which goes for $100 a night, might go for $1,000 a month - a 66% discount. Definitely worth asking if you're there more than a week.

Many companies provide this service online, and apartments are often featured on their websites where you can see photos and prices. Try Menua Travel, Hyur Service, Bars Real Estate and others.

Because the apartments vary - you can almost always find exactly what you're looking for. If you're going to arrive in high season though (July-October) you should book online or the good ones will all be taken.

• Related to: Work Abroad, Family Travel
  • Written December 1, 2008

• socheid profile photo socheid
  • Reviews: 279

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Guest House: Decent value hotel in Yerevan

Hi all,

A friend of a friend who lives in Yerevan sorted me out with a rcommendation and reservation at this place in Yerevan city centre.

The location is good in the heart of Yerevan city centre. At 84 US $ a night I thought that was pretty good value on the basis that each room was in fact a suite comprising of bedroom, bathroon and sitting room. Breakfast was also included. I'm not saying it was the most salubrious place I have ever stayed in. It was though I thought decent value for what I paid.

Breakfast is 8 - 10 am. Check out is at noon.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written October 17, 2007

• Doctor38 profile photo Doctor38
  • Reviews: 331

Anahit Stepayan: Home Stay in Yerevan

I staied for one night in her nice appartment. The place could accomedate 10 people. It is nice with very friendly atmosphere. Located near the Opera house in cantral Yerevan. It will cost you 6000 Dram. She speaks perfect English and very good Arabic. Beside Anahit there was here son and a little dog. The surrounding area is beuatiful. This is probably the best place in town, with all th cafes around you.

• Related to: Study Abroad, Work Abroad
  • Written June 27, 2007

• JohnniOmani profile photo JohnniOmani
  • Reviews: 552

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Gayanes Homestay: Strict but clean place

Gayane and her daughter offer a B&B across from the opera house in the same building as Anahit Step. Gayane and her daughter speak French and some English. There are four beds in two rooms and breakfast is not included. LP says you can use the kitchen but that is totally false. The staircase is next to Our village restaurant. My experience here was good for the first few days but after coming back late from the cafes at 130am she asked me to leave. I have never experienced this so I expressed my opinion and we parted ways. The mother doesnt want anyone that will be a problem ie stay late in cafes in Yerevan which is almost impossible due to the whole social world of Yerevan is geared around them. Anyways, it is clean but the washroom is tiny. Good choice if you dont bother them ;)

Cozy beds and centrally located.

• Written January 19, 2007

• JohnniOmani profile photo JohnniOmani
  • Reviews: 552

Anahit Stepanyans Homestay: Yerevans best budget option

After arriving in Yerevan from Tbilisi I needed a place to get a hot shower and a nice bed. After sleeping two nights in another place one floor below this one I changed over to Anahit Steps place. She is very educated and speaks several languages including Arabic. Her apartment is gorgeous with a big tv and plenty of English books and her place can accomadate about a dozen tourists. She is very friendly and a good source of information. Add the fact that her place is next to the opera place (cost $11 a night) and there is no reason to stay in any other place in Yerevan. Great.

Centrally located, spotless apartment and hot showers. Her sons speak fluent English and very friendly and kind.

• Written January 19, 2007

• zarbal profile photo zarbal
  • Reviews: 1

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Anahit Stepanyan: Yerevan - Best Homestay

First time in Yerevan and by luck, I found the best "homestay" right in the heart of city overlooking opera. A nice and clean place to stay. 24 hours running hot water. The price is also very good. Lot of tips and advises which make the trip very pleasant.

Shared Rooms and Bathroom

• Related to: Backpacking, Budget Travel, Historical Travel
  • Written April 22, 2006

Best Homestay in Yerevan

• MalenaN profile photo MalenaN
  • Reviews: 4938

Gayane's Homestay

In Yerevan I have stayed with Gayane Simonayan. She has two rooms for rent. In 2003 I paid 5 dollars a night and in 2006 the price was 4500 drams a night (about 11,5 dollars). The location, just opposite the opera, is very good and central. From here you can walk to most places in Yerevan. The view from the room (on the forth floor) was great as you could see Mount Ararat, but unfortunately they are constructing new tall buildings in Yerevan and Ararat can’t be seen any more.
Gayane is a nice and kind woman. She knows just a little English but there is no problems to understand each other. When I visited in 2006 Gayane’s daughter was also living in the apartment and she speaks perfect English and French.
As in many other places in Armenia the water is not always supplied the hole day. In 2006 it was better than in 2003 and there was water most of the day, but after eight in the evening it was not always there. For those occasions Gayane keeps water in a big barrel in the bathroom.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written October 26, 2005

Gayane in her kitchen

• kr_en profile photo kr_en
  • Reviews: 16

Anahit Stepanian: Homestay

Looks like that at least 3 women provide a homestay at Sayat-Nova 5. Beside already mentioned Gayane Simonian there are two more women called Anahit. I stayed at Anahit Stepanian at the 5th (top) floor, the first door at the right, marked with a latin letter A. She can accommodate up to 7 people in 3 rooms and one gallery. Anahit and both her sons speak excellent English and Russian and the older son knows more or less everything about Yerevan's nightlife. Anahit used to work in tourism so she'll be able to give you much more information than the information near the Republic Square. You can use all kitchen and bathroom facilities. The water is stored in a tank but anyway you'll be asked to take shower during the hours when it's available.

In August 2004 the price was 8 $ per person per night payable either in dollars or drams. In 2004 the whole building was under adaptation so not all rooms might be availble all the time.

Although I can't compare it with other homestays I was satisfied with it and can recommend it.

I had some minor health problems (not in any connection with the apartment) and Anahit took care of me. And in case of good weather conditions you can see Mt. Ararat from the kitchen or living room.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking