1 Amiryan Street, Republic Square, Yerevan, 375010, Armenia

Booking.com Travelocity Marriott.com

• DAO's Profile Photo

WORTH IT?

The Marriott actually forms part of the 4 corners of Republic Square. Its an ornate building on the outside, but a bit cramped on the inside. I stayed nearby and went for a look. I can't say I was blown away except by the prices they wanted for a room. Considering there is no indoor pool, I can't see justification for charging double the price of some other hotels - with an indoor pool - just a couple of blocks away. I must say I did like their 'public' toilets that were still upstairs and away from the lobby. The lobby itself was white. small and sterile. I have listed some of the amenities below, but for the money you could find a hotel with much more character, exciting facilities and pay less.

I love Marriott, but not this one.

Unique Quality:

WHAT THEY HAVE

ROOMS
    • Coffee/tea facilities
    • ‘Internet’ at a hefty $25 a day – no mention of Wi-Fi on the website – good luck!
    • Mini-bar and water – all for a fee
    • Ironing board and steam iron, safe, closet
    • Air-conditioning
    • Alarm clock
    • Rooms look pokey on the website

RESTAURANTS AND BARS
    • Cucina – Italian restaurant
    • Armenia Brasserie – International (breakfast only)
    • Scoop – Ice cream

BUSINESS FACILITIES
    • 9 rooms, some huge
    • No mention of Wi-fi

LOBBY
    • Coffee and tea (I never saw it!)

Directions: Western corner of Republic Square

• flynboxes's Profile Photo

A bit of Americana

I guess if you are staying here you probably do not need VT much as you will be able to afford a personal package tour. I only stay at these when on company business. They are reliable and consistent. This hotel is right in the heart of the city and it is a 5-15 min walk to most points of interest in the city.

Unique Quality: While I did not get a chance to try it out this place has everything you would expect.

• Greatwalk0's Profile Photo

Great for Business Travel!

The Marriott Hotel in Yerevan combines great service with a convenient location and comfortable accommodation. The hotel itself is beautiful, located in a historic Armenian building right in the main square of the city, and the staff are extremely outgoing. Though my room was small, I did enjoy my stay because my room was both extremely clean and very comfortable.

Breakfast, which is excellent (!), is included in the room rate (generally).

Assuming you are not paying for this yourself (this hotel is really only recommended for business travelers), the Marriott Hotel is your BEST bet.

Unique Quality: Excellent breakfast! Friendly staff

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

the most luxurious hotel I have ever been to...

Normally I would not choose to stay at a Marriott Hotel, but this time it became nearly necessary to make an exception. The reason is simple: I had broken an arm outside Yerevan and was in need to find some sort of accommodation that could recommend a good hospital, had a "good" doctor on call and had receptionists that spoke fluent english - just in case. Our luck was that the previous day we had met the father of a trainee manager at Marriott, so we managed to get an incredibly low rate for a suite, as well as all relevant medical help.

Unique Quality: A wonderful suite and possibly the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on... and right on the perfectly scenic repblic square. There's just everything necessary, both in the room and in the hotel and - surprisingly - sometimes even at affordable prices (for example the hairdresser, wellness and massage area, and gift shops).

Directions: on republic square