Park Inn Azerbaijan, Baku
Park Inn Hotel Baku
Hotel Park Inn / Baku
Most of the basic things are fine. The rooms are good. Cleaning works. The breakfest is excellent. The restaurant and bar are fine.
The location is good opposite to Park Bulvar Mall.
If everything is going OK the staff seems or pretends to be friendly and willing to service but otherwise the general attitude was : "It is your problem"
But in the front desk there were problems:
1. The check in for a group of 13 people was quite a mess. The staff seemed not to know what thye were doing. All room lists were send to the hotel weeks ahead but they were not available at the front desk. About three people were there and it took very long time. Maybe this was the first tourist group ever in that hotel?
2. Yoy can not relay on their wake up calls. Usually it works but in a hotel that is mainly for business it must allways work.
3. You have to leave your passport to the reception and fetch it later. One of our group did not fetch it before the last evening. The passport has been transported into the room without asking or informing the customer.
4. Maps from the city was ordered weeks before the arrival. Nothing existed and only after two days they could give the hotels own one page maps with the hotel marked.
5. If someone needs any assistance with the luggage no help is available from the hotel.
6. When we left the hotel 2 A.m. sunday morning the street in front of us was half blocked by the cars of the childrens of the upper class who were visting hotels night club. We could see them at the hotel lobby using top class fashion clothings. So our bus taking us to the airport had to be left 100 meters from the hotel and the police wanted to drive way it but not the cars blocking the road. The comment from the hotel staff was: "It is your problem". Explanation for the cars is: "Don't you know who's children they are?"
7. Free wifi is all around but the business center computers are not to be used. It need a guarantee payment and is expensive and programs needed for business dont work - dangerous they say. The support from the hotel for problems was very bad and arrogant. Fortunally only our group leader needed it and had to use Intrenet Cafe instead.
Functional business hotel with great service.
Staying in any hotel for a month at a streach is tiring. Having stayed at four of the most popular hotels in Baku at least twice the Park Inn is a good choice. The rooms are not huge but the space is well used by mounting flat panel TVs on the wall and providng large windows overlooking the Caspian or the City. Definately request a high floor on the Caspian side.
Unique Quality: The Park Inn has a good restaurant and lounge downstairs plus a high-priced but good though generally empty sushi bar on the top floor. The cost made me feel guilty enough that I limited my vists to the sushi bar but the view is good if you want to catch a drink in the evening away from the lobby which can get crowded when it is shift change on the off-shore rigs. Don't skip the sprawling hotel breakfast.
The best thing about the hotel is absolutely the staff. The accomodations are a bit more upscale at the Hyatt but you won't find a more friendly and well trained staff than at the Park Inn. Even the waiters will know you by name on the second day of your stay and will have a cold beer on your table when you roll in after work.
The other nice thing about the Park Inn is that it is right on the Bulvar and very easy for getting into and out of without getting stuck in traffic. It is a little walk, maybe 6 blocks to Fountain Square but even with a backpack it's an easy morning walk into the Old City if work brings you there.
During the summer weekend trips are arranged from the hotel to the beach on the North side of the abseron peninsula for about 10$ US including the shuttle and entry into the beach with chars, umbrellas, swimming pools a restaurant and snack bar. Well worth the cost for a Sunday afternoon distraction.
Newest hotel in Baku
Park Inn Azerbaijan just opened its doors on the 1st of Jan 2006! The building is completely renovated... it is adjacent to the Azerbaijan hotel (ex-Soviet Intourist) but luckily Park Inn is overlooking the Caspian and now is looking much better than the main building of Azerbaijan hotel. It is in downtown area, only minutes away from the business and shopping center of town. Needless to say, Park Inn is a part of Rezidor SAS chain so offers bonuses of Gold Points, Miles and More, etc. programs :)
Unique Quality: The hotel has 248 rooms, a small gym but no swimming pool. However, the seaside boulevard is only across the street and is perfect for morning jogging :) Each room has a safe, individual climate control, hair dryer, flat-screen TV and mini-bar. The hotel does now have room service. Also there are great conference facilities. The staff is friendly and professional. There is a restaurant and a bar on the 1st floor and a private club on the 11th. You'll be lucky if you can get to the private club as they have a sushi bar and a cool disco!
Directions: Drive along Neftchilar Avenue and stop when you reach Rashid Behbudov street.
- Holiday Inn Baku Airport
- Radisson SAS Plaza Hotel
- Ambassador Hotel
- Excelsior Hotel Baku
- Sultan Inn Boutique Hotel
Nearby Park Inn Azerbaijan, Baku
Nearby HotelsSee all 48
Radisson SAS Plaza Hotel 0.2 miles away
Qafqaz Point Hotel 0.8 miles away
Park Hyatt Baku 1.3 miles away
Diplomat Hotel Baku 1.4 miles away
1000 Camels Hostel 2 miles away
Park Inn Azerbaijan, Baku
We've found that other people looking for this hotel also know it by these names:
- Park Inn Baku
- Park Inn Azerbaijan Baku
Address: 1 Azadlig Ave, Baku, AZ 1000, Azerbaijan
8 Photos of Park Inn Azerbaijan, BakuView Professional Photos
Amenities at Park Inn Azerbaijan, Baku
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Room Service
- Fitness Center
- Free Parking
- Business Services
- Continental Breakfast
- Bar / Lounge
- Free High Speed Internet
Baku Travel Forum
Need advice about Baku, Azerbaijan? Visit the Travel Forum for Baku and ask our Answer Gurus.