Bahrain Sheraton Hotel

Booking.com Expedia.com Priceline.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• mikey_e's Profile Photo

Best value in Bahrain

I'll admit that I try to stay at SPG hotels wherever I go because I'm a platinum member and I get great upgrades. Nevertheless, I have tried various hotels in Bahrain and I still find that this one is the most enjoyable. I have stayed here no less than four times in the last six months and am always happy to return. The hotel is in the downtown area of the city, adjoining Moda Mall and right across from Bab Manama and the British Embassy. It is easy to get from here to the Diplomatic Area, even on foot. The hotel staff are friendly and knowledgeable, and the rooms are clean and well maintained. Parking is ample and free for guests. The hotel also has various restaurants, a bar, a gym with cardio equipment and weights, an outdoor pool and beauty and grooming services. I've always stayed in a suite in the hotel, with the junior suites quite comfortable. They have a bedroom and a sitting room with fax/printer and a large-screen TV.

Unique Quality: I love the pool at this hotel. I am easily persuaded to come back here just because of it. It is a large, rectangular pool that accommodates both families and those swimming laps. There is also an outdoor jacuzzi (a bit excessive in a city where the temperature goes to 42 and then adds on humidex) as well as a sundeck. I'm also a fan of the breakfast, which features both Arabic and western foods. The bar is decent, with friendly staff.

Directions: Beside Moda Mall and to the west of the Diplomatic Area.

• Openseas's Profile Photo

excellent stopover.

The Sheraton Hotel in Bahrain, is situated in the business district.It is close to the shops and street markets. Our check in was fast and efficient and the staff friendly and accommodating.

Our room was average size with all the modern facilities you would expect from a Sheraton Hotel. We had a small view of the ocean and a TV, tea and coffee facilities, mini bar which was one of the best I have seen. (Contents). The bathroom was again of moderate size with fresh fluffy towels. The bed was very comfortable and the furniture elegant.

The hotel had a few restaurants, we decided to eat at the Chinese Restaurant and the food and wine menu was superb.The food was also wonderful and one must try the garlic prawns they were delicious. The staff were over attentive which annoyed us, we felt very rushed and trying to have a private conversation was almost impossible.

The swimming pool was closed for renovations which really annoyed us, as it’s the reason we stayed at this hotel. We booked on their website and nothing was displayed or written about renovations.

PROS: A good quality hotel for Bahrain. The restaurants were excellent. Hotel is close to the shops and main business district.

CONS: Average size rooms.Swimming pool closed.

Recommendation: Yes, if the swimming pool and health centre is opened.

Comments