Ramada Palace Bahrain Hotel

Ramada Palace Hotel Bahrain
Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 25% less but rated 18% lower than other 4 star hotels

• BEWARE: Not to be trusted.

I am very disappointed with the dishonesty that this hotel displayed. I booked a room for the weekend at a certain rate, and then the hotel raised that rate at check out. When I told them that this was extremely unprofessional and dishonest, they simply said that I had to pay it. In terms of the hotel itself, the room and services were adequate. However, I didn't see one other guest there all weekend; all the restaurants and lounges were ghost towns. When I arrived I wondered why (I thought maybe because of the military checkpoints and political unrest)--however, now I see why people aren't staying there. My advice, there are many other similar hotels to choose from, so this one is not worth the risk. STAY AWAY!

More about Ramada Palace Bahrain Hotel

Entry Restrictions??

Hi,

I am spending 3 nights in Bahrain en-route from London to Bombay. I have looked at some tourist pages for Bahrain and one comments that entry is not allowed to those with Israeli stamps in their passport (.....me being one of them is worrying me as my flight is booked and non-amendable).

Does anyone konw officially is this true, and should I not be allowed entry into Bahrain will I be shipped back to UK or put on the next flight to India?

Thanks.

Also, anyone know of the Ramada Palace, I'm booked in there and a few comments I've read after a Google search don't rate that hotel very highly - I thought Ramada was a luxury chain of hotels???

Thanks again!

by CliffClaven

You haven't said what nationality you are, or when you are travelling.

There are two easy solutions:

1) Replace your passport - get a new one.
2) Depending on your nationality (some countries are more relaxed than others), apply for a second passport.

by shahbootsey

......duh, I'm so stupid!!! I'm a British Citizen so no chance of a 2nd passport for me........plus my Indian Visa is in this one and it's only a few weeks till I depart. I'm staying in Al-Manama just for 3 days for tourism purposes only.

Thanks

by Johnster

Try Qatar

Hi,

Flight is booked with Gulf Air and is not amendable and I don't fancy forking out another £400 to get to Doha - although wouldn't mind going there next time.....cheers tho!

by CliffClaven

"I'm a British Citizen so no chance of a 2nd passport for me"

******

The United Kingdom is one of the easiest countries in which to obtain a second passport, although admittedly the procedure may have become more stringent in recent years (i.e. since 9/11). An application for a second passport is made in the normal way but should be accompanied by a letter from your employer stating the reason for the application (in your case, that you intend to visit a country which denies entry to those who have visited Israel) and a photocopy of your existing passport. A second British passport is issued routinely to those travelling on business in the Gulf region (and, in the past, to those travelling to African countries which denied entry to those who had visited South Africa). Getting a second passport to travel for the purpose of tourism may be harder nowadays, but it can be done.

by shahbootsey

Hey Guys thanks for the advice so far - managged to speak to someone at the Bahraini Embassy in London and they said it's absolutley fine to travel with current passport - only visitors with an Israeli Passport itself would face problems. Phew!

While You're reading tho - nightlife there, anygood?

by CliffClaven

www.alloexpat.com/bahrain_expat_forum/bahrain-nightlife-bahrain-bars-pubs-live-music-t2858.html

Comments