Kazbegi Hotels

Our Members Say

• Hanka profile photo Hanka
  • Reviews: 57
Rooms Hotel Kazbegi: Closest Thing to Colorado in Georgia!

Haven't stayed there yet, but plan to this summer. Everyone raves about this place, the hotel's view of Mount Kazbek, and its delicious meals. It opened in July 2012 and is a member of Design Hotels. I did check it out when I passed through town so I got a couple of pictures and saw for myself how nice it was.

It's a four-star hotel near the border of Russia, its interior is reminiscent of design from Colorado ski lodges, the lobby library is huge and part casino, the indoor pool is huge (compared to other Georgian hotel indoor pools), the balcony for viewing Mount Kazbek runs the entire length of the hotel, they have blankets you can take outside with you to keep warm, the food is gourmet and not necessarily Georgian, and the list goes on. Bring a camera--the scenery is so fantastic, the pictures practically take themselves.

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Related to: Luxury Travel, Spa and Resort, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written May 24, 2014
Tip Photo

A warm indoor pool at Rooms Hotel Kazbegi.

• littlebush profile photo littlebush
  • Reviews: 1132

Taliko: Taliko

when you get off the bus at Kazbegi, the babshkas will be waiting to entice you to their homestay.
I stayed with Taliko, her place was just a 5min walk from teh main street and she had around 4 rooms to rent out.
It cost 30 Lari for a room to myself and breakfast and dinner. Taliko spoke not much english so russian helps.
The food was amazing, huge tasty portions, so big, i couldnt sleep at night.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written September 6, 2013
Tip Photo

• kokoryko profile photo kokoryko
  • Reviews: 1779

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

No Name: Pension “Women in black”

I do not remember the name of the “pension” where I stayed in Stepansminda
The tip here is: don’t worry, don’t make reservations, you will have a shelter for the night and coming days and nights.
When the marshroutna (minibus) arrives from Tbilisi at the village place, opposite the local hotel, you will be “welcomed” by half a dozen or more older ladies dressed in black; they do not present you their condolences but propose you a bed and breakfast in their house; I thought it was a good idea not to look too long for accommodation and followed one of these ladies, discussing (well, as far as we could communicate) about rates for room, breakfast, dinner, etc. . ..
I am not good at bargaining and finally came up with 10 Euros per night, breakfast and dinner included.
Do not expect luxury; I was in a big room (be prepared to share) with a comfortable bed, clean, toilet and shower outside across the yard, very light breakfast. . . . and dinners just preventing from starvation, but that was enough! There are probably better pensions in Stepansminda, but I did not choose, and that was all right for me, but there can also be nice surprises as I heard from people I met on the way to the church.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Hiking and Walking, Backpacking
  • Written May 28, 2012
Tip Photo

Don't worry, there are real toilets, too ;)

• mezvere profile photo mezvere

Guest House ,, Mountain Star" In Kazbegi

Let me introduce myself. My name is David I’m the owner of this nice guest house. I like mountains and traveling as you. Mountains are my passion and traveling around is my stile of life. So I think, I can say, I know what the traveler needs. Because I’m a traveler too, just like you.

I have brought together all my experience and knowledge what I have gathered during my trips. Everything what I liked or disliked and everything in what I was needed during my trips, when I’ve been building this guesthouse. And I’ve tried offer everything what every traveler need: delicious kitchen, clean, nice and bright rooms, cousy place to drink beer with friends after long hike, with superb view on mount Kazbek and Holy Trinity. Friendly atmosphere, ability to share your experience and emotions after impressive journey with other travelers and friends.

From our guesthouse you will be able to keep in touch with all world by internet, fax or phone. We also provide guide servis, car rent, horse rent, hotel and ticket reservation, short and long tours in Georgia and Caucasus.

Of course this is not a five star hotel, but if you visit our guest house, try our delicious kitchen, you will meet nice, warm family atmosphere far from your family….

• Related to: Hiking and Walking, Mountain Climbing, Photography
  • Written February 17, 2012
Tip Photo

• lorenzokastings profile photo lorenzokastings

guest house: Grea time in Kazbegi

Cosy house, With two bedroom near the forest. from the house you can see great view of apex Minvarwveri and church of Gergeti's st. Tinity. It's well known that nature in Kazbegi region is great, with rarest species of animals and plants. There is many historical and holy places. There are several touring routes include horse riding, mountain climbing, and etc.
NOTE: Host will help you to choose most interesting touring routes.
Thats his number: +995 58 173016 name Luka

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Photography, Family Travel
  • Written June 13, 2010
Tip Photo

• vasog profile photo vasog
  • Reviews: 2

Kazbegi Hotel: Kazbegi Hotel

One of the best places in Georgia. Little town surrounded by Mountains. The town is located along the banks of the Tergi River. 160 KM northern from Tbilisi. I lived in Guesthouse with pleasent Host and Hostess. He was a an experienced alpinist. He takes us to many wonderful places around Kazbegi, but I couldn`t climb up on Monut Kazbek (5047m)(. Hostess cooked for us delicious food from Georgian and Europian cousine. Beautiful wiev from House on Gergeti Sameba (Church) and Mount Kazbek. The Guesthouse Price was 50 GEL (about 35$) board & lodging, and free tours around Kazbegi.

• Written July 21, 2008

• DinkaYa profile photo DinkaYa
  • Reviews: 33

Yamze's homestay: Wonderful home stay

When we were at Kazbegi, we intended staying at Nazi (Nasi) Chkalauri's place. But it was overloaded with people, so she called one of her neighbors, who picked us up and we stayed with a wonderful women (Yamze) and her son (Gia).
25 Lari per night per person, which includes 2 meals a day (mainly hachapuri and vegetables) + something to take with you if you go hiking.
Yamze is absolutely wonderful, she tried to feed us to death, she tried pleasing us in any way possible, could not believe that such people still exist. Told us that she is not as good as her parents, because her parents would invite strangers all the time to the house to eat something and she is not practicing that.
She can show you how to make hachapuri if you ask, as well as to milk a cow, which she owns.
She speaks Russian and Georgian, but people can find their way in here house even without speaking the same language - she really tries hard, also we left her an English\Russian dictionary, so you can point to what ever you want to have.
Her son drove us with a car to the Sameba church for free, since it was to late for us to go up by foot and we didn't want to waste any time. He also arranged us a taxi back to Tbilisi for 60 Lari.
They have 2 houses, in one they live and the big one is for rent, the hot shower is in their house as well as the kitchen, their house is about 5 meters away, so if you want to take a shower you have to actually get outside, there is another toilet separately on the grounds, so its not like you have to disturb them if you need to go during the night.
This is Gia's cell phone number: 899407240

The nicest host ever!
There is also a great view from her house, since it is on a hill, to the Sameba church

• Related to: Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written October 6, 2007
Tip Photo

• beso profile photo beso
  • Reviews: 2

Kazbegi VIP Guest House: Villa Chopika

IT WAS PERFECT!!! i thought i was in the palace. its really excelent. the garden was beautifull, with waterfall!!!, there was swimming pool, Sauna, Bar, also the Guest house had horses, it was very nice to ride horses. the rooms were perfect, with everything, and it was not very expensive.

believe me , if you havent stayed in this Villa, you havent visited Kazbegi

view - excellent
pool - excellent
inside -excellent! excellent! excellent!
meal- perfect

so everythings perfect

• Written September 3, 2007

guest room

• markoni profile photo markoni

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Marina Pitshelauri's home: Excellent homestay with the best view in town

We were told (and actually driven to) about this homestay by marshrutka driver and were exceptionally pleased with it. Marina is a widow and lives in a nice, large house with her two sons and a daughter-in-law. The family lives in the newer part of the house, while the older (very nice and atmospheric) part is for guests. She can comfortably accomodate 4-5 people, but I presume place will be found for more if needed. The accomodation is not a luxury option, but is more than comfortable and pleasant. There are two toilets - one outside of the house and one in the family's part of the house. Both can be used and both are clean and western style. There is cold running water 24 hours a day, and hot showers can be arranged with prior notice so the water can be heated. Marina and the whole family are excellent hosts and the whole stay there was wonderful, but no English is spoken and you will have to rely on your Russian and Georgian skills. The bed costs 10 lari, or 25 with breakfast and dinner included. Given the tasty Marina's cooking and limited options for eating out in Kazbegi, you should give the second option a serious consideration. Last but not least, the view from the terrace of Marina's house is the best in town. It is worth staying here for this view alone. Final remark: Absolutely recommended!

• Related to: Budget Travel, Hiking and Walking, Mountain Climbing
  • Written August 11, 2007

• JohnniOmani profile photo JohnniOmani
  • Reviews: 552

Nunus Homestay: Good Option

This spot is a good option and even has western toilets which is important when you are in Kazbegi due to the cold weather :) The owner does not speak fluent English but it is not far from the main square making it very easy to find after the bus ride. It is a bit overpriced but prices in the town are apparently raising every year. It cost about $10 US for a night.

Near the main square and it has western toilets and hot water.

• Written December 23, 2006

• josephescu profile photo josephescu
  • Reviews: 882

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel sign on an ordinary house

The Stepan Sminda hotel in the town square looked tempting, but I decided to try my luck with the locals. I started walking around the main square, and came behind the statue of Alexander Kazbegi there was a small hotel sign on an ordinary house at the crossroad. It proved to be a homestay.

And that was it, a small simple room, 15 lari/night/person, hot water, signs and drawings to communicate as my English proved useless….. In addition, I was offered meals at 10 lari/meal, a little bit expensive, but it finnaly proved a good idea to take them. Not only they were excellent and abundant, but the provisions one can get from the local shops seemed scarce and highly overpriced (because of the distance, I believe).

• Related to: Backpacking, Hiking and Walking, Budget Travel
  • Written December 1, 2006

• JohnniOmani profile photo JohnniOmani
  • Reviews: 552

Vanos Place: Late Night Conversations

Vanos place is pretty basic and I heard it is quite a popular place on the backpacker trail so I decided to give it is a shot because one he speaks decent English and two it cost me 5 lari or 2.5 us dollars which is tough to beat. The place is worth it for the view on the porch every morning and despite being basic I enjoyed my two nights.

One, you will probably end up in bizaare conversations about religion etc with vano who seems to have a passion for unusual topics but that is one of the reasons I enjoyed it while the 1 million Israelis I met wouldnt agree but who cares it is a matter of perspective. There is no running water and frequent power cuts but that is part of the appeal right? It is bloody cold in October to be prepared and buy snacks before nightime because the shop close late at night. For 5 lari extra, vano will provide you with a delicious meal courtesy of his neighbour making this stay a well known place due to LP but I enjoyed it.

• Written October 29, 2006
Tip Photo

A helpful map I found online

• ellielou profile photo ellielou
  • Reviews: 229

Vano's Guesthouse: the first guesthouse listed in the LP

This place was listed in the Lonely Planet (which, if you read my warnings and dangers page for Tbilisi, I do not trust), but I was told by a VTer that it was a great place to stay. It was an interesting place to stay, in the least, but not only was there no hot water, there was no running water. There was also no heat.

However, we got there, tired, hungry, cold--huddled masses that we were--and used the non-flushable toilet, had a hot tea, and was fed bread with sour cream. We talked to Vano. He seemed like an interesting guy (he was fascinating, actually), and decided, hey, we could rough it for one night. It was also very, very cheap, under $3 per person.

Also, we had heard that food was included. Vano's mother, the cook, was away in Tbilisi, and we ended up eating at the neighbor's house. (Frankly, we didn't relish just eating bread and sour cream.) That was an adventure in itself. We were fed bread, cheese, soup, and hot tea. We sat in the center of the living/dining room, while the family sat on the sofa against the wall and silently watched a Mexican soap opera dubbed into Georgian. Now, you don't get that at the Four Seasons now, do you?

No running water. No heat. Picture of Stalin on the wall, near the stereo, and starring at us while we watch BBC World News. Go figure.

• Related to: Architecture, Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written October 20, 2006

no caption necessary

• MalenaN profile photo MalenaN
  • Reviews: 4938

Vano's Homestay

Venera is a very kind woman and she takes care of you while you are there. When I was in Kazbegi I had a terrible cough. Both evenings Venera brought me a bucket of hot water for my feet, and a blanket, before going to bed.

• Related to: Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written May 22, 2006
Tip Photo

Venera is doing the washing up

• MalenaN profile photo MalenaN
  • Reviews: 4938

Vano's Homestay

Vano and his mother Venera are very nice, helpful and welcoming. Their homestay is great. Venera cooks and breakfast and dinner is eaten downstairs. No one leaves the table still hungry.
There is no running water but several buckets of water outside the bathroom. One of the buckets contain drinking water.

A bed, breakfast and dinner was 5 dollars (June 2003). When I was in Tbilisi in 2006 I heard the price was 10 dollars. That is still a good deal as all meals are included.

When I was there Vano had got a job at the Mariot Hotel in Tblisi, as a door man. So he might not always be in Kazbegi.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking