Sighnaghi Hotels

• JohnniOmani profile photo JohnniOmani
  • Reviews: 552

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

David Zandarashvilis Family Hotel: Best Homestay in Georgia

After spending about two weeks in Georgia and another few in Armenia I headed back to Georgia with no set plan. This homestay was recommended by my Israeli friend and so I went with him to chill out for a few days. The family including David (Davit) were some of the nicest folks I have ever met in any country. Their house is well suited for travellers looking to get away and spend some quiet time playing chess and reading books. Three nights later I had to pull myself together and continue on my journey back across Turkey. Davit, his younger brother and mother, father and robogranny (harding working 80 yr old grandmother) will give you 5 star treatment for $10 US dollars a night. Incredible

There are too many qualities to mention but the family , comfortable house, all the food and wine you can drink and Davit will even play traditional Georgian music for you if the mood is right :)

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written January 18, 2007

• josephescu profile photo josephescu
  • Reviews: 882

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Nana Kokiashvili: Charming place, most friendly & helpful host

continues to be a great, helpful and friendly host, in her charming historical house near the town square. In fact, staying at Nana was a unique experience, I got the feeling of a trip back to a golden age of romantic travel, before mass tourism and industrial civilisation.

No warm water, but this is part ofthe experience. Check her meals, they are excellent.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive