Sighnaghi Hotels

• Hanka profile photo Hanka
  • Reviews: 49

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Kabadoni and Spa: Possibly Sighnaghi's Best Hotel

Hotel Kabadoni has large rooms with large beds, wall-to-wall carpet on the floor, sound proof walls and floors, a beautiful view, a good restaurant that serves European cuisine (in addition to Georgian), and a spa with a small pool and sauna. While the hotel does not cater to children, it is located right next to a small park with a relatively new playground. This is one reason we chose this hotel. Plus we thought we'd go swimming in the indoor pool, but after testing the water, we decided it was too cool. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed my visit and will return when my parents come to visit. The only disappointment with the hotel is that the beds are so firm and lacking in cushion they are nearly comparable to sleeping on the floor.

There are two or three other hotels right next to Kabadoni, but I liked the Kabadoni better because it has not only it's own restaurant, but it's own spa! Where else in Sighnaghi can you get such a wonderful view of the Alazani Valley and Caucasus Mountains, swim in an indoor pool, work out in a fitness center, relax in a sauna, and get a massage? Although staying in a hotel is not what you should do when you are in Sighnaghi, it's nice to know you can when the weather is nasty. I dropped by the reception desk while I was in town and they quoted me summer room rates in US dollars between $80 and $345, including breakfast and Wi-Fi. The hotel has 21 rooms ranging from singles to suites. It is also right next door to the town's history, archeology and art museum and just down hill from one of the town's towers, which you can climb to get some awesome views of the whole area.

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Spa and Resort, Luxury Travel
  • Written April 12, 2013
Tip Photo

Front of the Hotel Kabadoni in Sighnaghi, Georgia.

• JohnniOmani profile photo JohnniOmani
  • Reviews: 552

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

David Zandarashvilis Family Hotel: Best Homestay in Georgia

After spending about two weeks in Georgia and another few in Armenia I headed back to Georgia with no set plan. This homestay was recommended by my Israeli friend and so I went with him to chill out for a few days. The family including David (Davit) were some of the nicest folks I have ever met in any country. Their house is well suited for travellers looking to get away and spend some quiet time playing chess and reading books. Three nights later I had to pull myself together and continue on my journey back across Turkey. Davit, his younger brother and mother, father and robogranny (harding working 80 yr old grandmother) will give you 5 star treatment for $10 US dollars a night. Incredible

There are too many qualities to mention but the family , comfortable house, all the food and wine you can drink and Davit will even play traditional Georgian music for you if the mood is right :)

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written January 18, 2007

• josephescu profile photo josephescu
  • Reviews: 882

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Nana Kokiashvili: Charming place, most friendly & helpful host

continues to be a great, helpful and friendly host, in her charming historical house near the town square. In fact, staying at Nana was a unique experience, I got the feeling of a trip back to a golden age of romantic travel, before mass tourism and industrial civilisation.

No warm water, but this is part ofthe experience. Check her meals, they are excellent.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive