Iran Hotels

Our Members Say

• kunntz profile photo kunntz
  • Reviews: 4

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Mehr Hotel: Hotel in Esfahan

Oh this hotel was great. More than we expected. It had 3 beds, 2 toilets, sofa, kitchen, tv, fridge, towels, hot water. They gave it to us for about US$40. There were 3 of us so thats not too bad. We arrived probably around 5.30am. This hotel is in the heart of the blue dome city.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Photography, Backpacking, Historical Travel
  • Written February 7, 2011

• yuet29 profile photo yuet29
  • Reviews: 617

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Amir Kabir Hostel: Esfahan: Amir Kabir Hostel

This is the only budget hostel in Esfahan. A bed costs 60,000rials, nothing included and the staff is unfriendly. There was once when the cleaner talked something to me and I asked help at the reception if he can help to translate. The reception (he is one of the boss) answered: it is not possible because I want to talk to my friend. Was a bit surprise that he is so rude to guest.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written October 24, 2009

• yuet29 profile photo yuet29
  • Reviews: 617

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Kohan Hotel: Yazd: Kohan Hotel

Lonely Planet has The Silk Road Hotel as their pick of hotel in Yazd, but we found Kohan Hotel much better than the Silk Road Hotel. The dormitory has nothing fancy, just a bed underground on the way to 'qanat', looked like some prison or cave for servant or slave in an ancient time, but the courtyard is big and relax. The staffs are friendly, and the 50,000rials bed charged included breakfast and free flow of tea. Shower are shared.

Very beautiful courtyard and restaurant set in a relax ambience.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written October 24, 2009

• rsudic profile photo rsudic
  • Reviews: 201

Hotel prices in Iran

100.000 Rials or 10.000 Tomans = 7 EUR = 10 USD

Most expensive and unique accommodation we had in Esfahan for 40 EUR (double room with breakfast), it was old house restored in old city. Not easy to find though. Nice spanish-iranian girl is taking care of this lovely place. Super clean with western toilets, only foreigners can be found here.

Tehran : we book Firouzeh hotel in Amir Kabir Street, nothing special, basic room, not very clean, shared faclities, 18 USD for double room with breakfast.

Masuleh: at the moment we step out of taxi, one old man in his 70's come and took us to his home and offer apartment accommodation, he didn't speak languages, but we negotiate about price and we paid 13 USD for apartment ; later we discovered that for room in hotel you'll pay 10 USD

Rasht: uh, that was problem because LP can give you really old information so we really couldn't find cheap place to sleep, some hotels have been renovating and we stuck at Phars hotel for 110.000 Rials for double room ,but I don't recommend it for ladies only because facilities are shared and hotel is full of Iranian male workers so my friend has so many deep looks. Rooms are small and basic.

Garmeh: it's not hotel but all in one, place to sleep, eat and you pay for that 25 USD for day pp. Rooms are unique because it's old settlement and food is excellent, facilities shared but clean and western standards.

Yazd: 280.000 Rials for double occupancy with breakfast and plenty information in Silk road hotel. Owners are really touristic oriented and you won't find locals here at all. Tea on the roof was really cool thing to do every day with fancy view. Rooms are clean with bathroom and toilet.
They also have dorms.

Shiraz: Hafez hotel is not on LP but we find it with help of nice girl from bus, she took us there with taxi and we had really cool hotel for 250.000 Rials for double with breakfast, it's midrange hotel with budget price and we warmly recommend it.

• Related to: Road Trip, Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written August 23, 2008

Firouzeh hotel Tehran

Hotel Aryan: 3* Boutique style Room in Hamadan

I was quite stunned by my room in this hotel! Although the other hotels I'd stayed in had been acceptable, this was the most modern and comfortable, so far.

I wasn't expecting to find such a spacious room, especially as my LP described it as having small but impeccably clean rooms, (also that bathrooms are fully equipped in the style of a European Ibis Hotel! - not having stayed in a EIH, I wasn't sure if this was meant to be a positive or negative comment!)

to be continued....

I

My room (303) was a corner room, so had windows on 2 sides

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Historical Travel, Archeology
  • Written August 22, 2008

Rm 303 Aryan Hotel Hamadan

Ranji Hotel Takab: Friendly Comfortable Hotel

A Pleasant, Comfortable Hotel. Recently renovated. Booked through my tour company, so I'm afraid that I don't know the cost of room per night.

This is one of the few places to stay in the area, so often used as a base for visiting Takhr-e-Suleyman etc.

I had a twin room (206) for single use. In my LP guide it had stated that rooms were basic, with 'hole in the floor squat toilets', so I was pleasantly surprised to find that my room was quite comfortable and had a 'Western style WC- ( although it was a bit wobbly!)

2 beds, fridge, table and chairs, TV (but not working), stand to hang clothes on - (it looked like a wardrobe area was under construction - I think this room was still 'in progress' as there was a smell of paint in the air!)
Nice bedding, with large fluffy towel wrapped in plastic.

We ate our evening meal here, as Majid said that it was the best place in Takab- I was a bit disappointed not to see more of Takab, but our meal was one of my favourites during my trip - Good food, Great Service - I'll write about this in my Restaurant tips

Breakfast - Eggs, bread, butter, cheese, honey and Cay - all fresh and tasty.

Postcards for sale at reception plus information on things to see/do in the area. I understand that the staff will organise trips.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Historical Travel, Backpacking
  • Written August 16, 2008

Room 206 Ranji Hotel Takab

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Darya Hotel: 3* Hotel in Tabriz

I stayed here for 1 night as part of my tour. It was a good base for touring the sights of Tabriz. As the price was included in my tour, I'm afraid that I don't know the cost per night. After having spent the previous night camping, this was a welcome night in a bed, and a chance to do some washing.

I had a twin bedroomed room for single use ( Pic 2), so 2 beds, wardrobe, dressing table, funky orange coloured telephone (pic 3), TV-Iranian channels only, small balcony (where I could hang my washing out - view onto quiet street/residences) Prayer mat

Bathroom with WC, basin, shower, towels, loo rolls.

Freebies- shower gel/ shampoo

Flip flops for room and Bathroom.

Breakfast included - Fried eggs, cheese, flat bread, butter,cay

A good base for exploring the attractions of Tabriz

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking, Road Trip
  • Written August 16, 2008

Darya Hotel Tabriz

Camping in Shabil

This was part of my 19 day tour. It was intended that we would be camping near the Shahsavan nomads, but they were still en route from their winter pastures.

My tent was provided by the company, I'd bought my own sleeping bag (They can be supplied by the tour company)

We pitched our tents next to a quite fast flowing river, and set about making a fire.

to be continued..

Stunning scenery, clean air, but tinged with sulphur from the hot springs.

No 'facillities' There is a toilet in the village, but you have to find someone who has a key.

The covered hot springs open for bathing at around 06.30 for males, Females start at 07.30

There are places to eat in the village, or buy limited supplies. We got a jug of boiling water for making tea from one of the cafes.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Hiking and Walking, Camping
  • Written June 29, 2008

Mount Sabalan

Iran Hotel: Bandar-e-Anzali Hotel

Booked through my travel company (Persian Voyages) so not sure of the price for my room and breakfast

This was to be my hotel for 2 nights. It was in a good location, facing the port.

Majid, my guide offered me the choice of 2 rooms, I chose the 2nd, as it had a better view.

Room 208 was up a flight of stairs.

Twin beds, fridge, TV-(no english language channels, but I caught part of the Man Utd V Chelsea match, which was played in Moscow -'just across the water'!)wardrobe, dressing table, Air Con. Balcony with chairs.
Bathroom - Shower, WC, basin, towels, loo paper, shampoo/shower gel and soap

plus those huge rubber flip flops - see my Tehran hotel tip

Breakfast - bread, cheese, honey, cay - the 2nd morning There were boiled eggs as well.

I didn't sleep too well the first night, but was awake to see the sun rise, then watch Anzali come to life. It was quite surreal having groups of schoolgirls pass by, then all waving to me -

• Related to: Beaches, Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written June 14, 2008

Room 208, Iran Hotel, Bandar-e-Anzali

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Mashad: Tehran 3* hotel

This was my hotel for my first 2 nights and my last night of my 19 day tour of Iran. It was booked through my tour company, so I'm not sure of the cost for my single room and breakfast. NOTE- There is another (budget) Hotel Mashad in Tehran

This was a comfortable hotel, although the colour of the room furnishings were quite drab and depressing, not a room to linger and relax in.

My room had a single bed, TV - with BBC 24 news, Fridge (Mini bar! - not too surprised to find this only contained a jug of water! I only came across 1 hotel during my trip, that had a stocked mini bar - The Traditional Hotel in Esfahan ), table and armchairs, dressing table and wardrobe (which contained a Koran, prayer mat and a wrapped pair of plastic flip flops)

Bathroom - Shower, WC, basin, towels, loo paper, shampoo/shower gel and soap.

There were also a couple of pairs of rubber flip flops for wearing in the room, and a huge white pair for wearing in the bathroom.
I'm afraid that I'm a bit squeamish about wearing these 'communal' slippers, so I'd packed a pair of flip flops in my case.

Breakfast eaten in the basement restaurant, I found on my return home, that there is another restaurant here, with views to the Alborz mountains, in the north of Tehran. I had a 'hazy' view of them from my room window.

Flat bread (Lavash) cheese, tomatoes, cucumber, boiled eggs, cakes, honey/ jam, orange squash and tea (cay) was my fuel for my days sightseeing.

Room service available including Ice creams - my menu listed saffron flavour, which I was looking forward to, but I had to settle for coffee flavour as this was all that was available - it was delicious!
Please see my Tehran page for more details

• Related to: Historical Travel, Business Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written June 14, 2008

My room, Hotel Mashad

• mikarov99 profile photo mikarov99
  • Reviews: 114

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Mosaferkhuneh-ye Gochariyan: Kashan

The rooms are very tiny and simple, i was find most simpliest room in Iran, don't expect comfort fot the bed is very uncomfortable. The toliet is squad and is not clean, bathroom too, so the his Mosaferkhuneh was very little to offer but is ths one most cheap accomodation of Iran.

Is cheap some people of the staff are very friendly.

• Written May 12, 2007

• mikarov99 profile photo mikarov99
  • Reviews: 114

Mashhad Hotel: Tehran

The rooms are very tiny, there is not much to say from the room will be ok, the hotel has Shared Bathron and Squat toliets who are very clean both, they are generaly cleaned. Hostel has Laundry service and Internet who cost 10,000 IR the hour but is very slow speed.

Managament staff are friendly at night they generaly talk whit backpackers who stay here, i was talked whit them another tourists here. Some times they offer tea and qalyan to us.

• Written May 12, 2007

Hafez, Zanjan

Hotel Hafez was the cheapest hotel I stayed in during my visit to Iran. As a single women it is often best to pay a little bit more. The hotel is basic (which I don’t mind as long as it is clean). There were hair on the sheets and some strange animals in the bathroom (only saw two of them). There was a big window facing the roundabout outside and the curtains were to thin for me to feel convenient with too much light on in the dark.
The second evening there was suddenly someone knocking on the door. As it took some time for me to cover up before opening the persons was going away but came back as I opened. It was the boy from the hotel standing in the background and a man showing his id, saying he was a police and that he wanted to see my passport. He asked some questions and then apologised saying he would not have come to my room if he had known that it was a women staying in the room.
The hotel is situated in central Zanjan, above a cheap restaurant, where you can by breakfast in the morning. Bread, tea and yoghurt was IR 4000.
For the room I paid IR 80 000 a night (June 2006).

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written December 29, 2006

My room at Hafez

Hotel Sina, Tabriz

As Azarbayjan Hotel was full I sat down to look for another hotel in my guidebook. Hotel Sina sounded okay and was not far away. It is a quiet place as it is situated behind another house and not by a street. I got a convenient room with two beds, air-condition, a fridge and a television. In the bathroom there were towels and toilet paper. The staff don’t speak much English, but are kind.
Breakfast is not included in the price but can be bought in the restaurant. Price depends on what you chose from the menu (tea, eggs and bread was IR 10 000).
I paid IR 400 000 for two nights (about 22 dollars a night) in June 2006.

• Related to: Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written December 28, 2006

My room at Hotel Sina

Tabriz International Hotel

I arrived to Tabriz in the middle of the night, it was almost 3am. I wanted to stay at Azarbayjan Hotel, which had been recommended, but as I arrived it was closed and nobody came to open as the taxi driver knocked on the door (I hadn’t made a reservation). Everything seemed to be closed in Tabriz at this time and the taxi driver took me to a more fancy hotel further away from the city centre, the Tabriz International Hotel. It was too expensive for me and I was not happy to pay 50 dollars for a single room I was just going to sleep in for a few hours. I asked for a reduction, but the night portiere couldn’t give me that but he was going to ask his boss in the morning. At 8am I got a call to the room (I was already awake) and was told that I only had to pay the half price, 25 dollars, if I checked out before 10am. I had a shower and went down to the breakfast buffet (included in the price).
Before 10am I checked out and took a taxi to Azarbayjan Hotel (which was fully booked).

From the window of my room I could see there was a swimming pool by the hotel, which I guess could only be open for men.

• Written December 21, 2006