Iran Hotels

Our Members Say

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Amir Kabir Hostel Esfahan: Amir Kabir Hostel Esfahan

This is the perfect place to meet travelers and share travel information. This is a hostel with very nice staff and they will make everything in their power to make you check out with a smile.

50000Rials for a small single room, and 30000 Rials for a shared room. Teh majority of people staying in the hotel are from Japan altough I found from The Nederland, USA, France, Belgium, Swiss and Turkey.

Tip Photo

amir kabir hostel esfahan isfahan iran

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Farvardin Guesthouse: Tehran Guest House

I liked this place very much. Somehow very clean for the normal Guesthouse in Iran. Even the shared bathrooms were not that messy (they are not very clean either) as you could expect.

Staff was not very polite but after a while they start to smile.
This hotel is located right in Tehran's centre Emam Khomeiny Square.

The price for tourist is 60000Rials (6 euros).

on the lower part of the Hotel you have a cheap restaurant self-service type.

tehran iran

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Darya Hotel-Shiraz: Darya Hotel-Shiraz

This is a low cost hotel in centre Shiraz. Private shower room but no private toilet. Somehow clean for the standard.

I payed 100.000Rials for 2 nights, or 10 euros for 2 nights.
I found no tourist but local irani people staying here. Shared fridge for each hall of 3 rooms available with fresh drinkable water.

This is a nice opportunity to stay in a cheap place in a avenue full of not so cheap hotels. This is not very bad but you'll not be impressed by its old look. The tiny entrance will make you think the hotel is very small but as soon as you go up the stairs you have more space and lots of rooms 3 flights acessible with elevator.

shiraz iran

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Golestan Hotel Apartment Qeshm Island: Golestan Hotel Apartment Qeshm Island

This is a ApartHotel which consist on small apartments to rent for tourists. This is a very nice place, very clean and very secure right in the front part of the port of the city of Qeshm in Qeshm Island. This should be the first Hotel you'll see coming from the port from Bandar Abbas.

You can rent a whole apartment for 150000 Rials about 15euros.

Room, living room with TV kitchen private bathroom and air conditioner.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
Tip Photo

qeshm island persian gulf hotel iran

Khayyam Hotel, Tehran

The first night in Tehran I stayed at Khayyam Hotel. Looking at the map I thought it had a good location, but that was not the case, at least not for me travelling alone. The hotel is situated in a narrow alley and most shops in the nearest blocks are shops for men selling things for cars and motorbikes etc. meaning that there were no women around.

The room was small but clean, with a table, a cupboard, a very uncomfortable bed (the mattress was leaning to one side), a TV, a fridge and tissues. And there was a bathroom with a squat toilet, a shower, towels and toilet paper.

The price was 22 dollars (July 2006) and that included breakfast.

There is a computer in the reception area , but the Internet was not working the day I arrived (a Friday). No one knew of an Internet café, but I found one half an hour walk from the hotel. I had mailed Andy (leonik) the telephone number to the hotel, the one written in the guidebook.. As I came back to the hotel they told me it was the wrong number and I had to walk back to the Internet café again to send a new mail. At that time I had already decided to change hotel the next day, even though the hotel and staff are nice.

• Written September 5, 2006

Khayyam Hotel, Tehran

Bandar-e Lengeh Inn

There are not many hotels to chose from in Bandar-e Lengeh. There is a cheap one in the centre, but that's not a place where I want to stay alone. And then there is Bandar-e Lengeh Inn, 1,5 km outside town, just by the sea.

I got a very big room (with four beds) and sea view. Unfortunately it is not possible to open the windows more than a little bit. The room was very clean with bathroom, fridge, TV, air-condition and an armchair by the window. There are no curtains, but the room was on the second floor and no people are passing by outside.

Breakfast is included in the price and lunch or dinner with chicken kebab, rice, yoghurt and cola is IR 48 000 extra. I paid 35 dollars for the room (June 2006).

My room

Anvari Hotel, Shiraz

I called from Kish a few days before arriving in Shiraz to book a single room at Anvari Hotel. As I arrived I could choose from two different rooms. One room had a fan and a western toilet in the bathroom. But I chose the other room with air-condition (even if I can’t sleep with air-condition) as it was bigger. That bathroom did not have a western toilet. The room and bathroom was very clean. There were two beds, a table, a cupboard, a TV a fridge and a balcony. There was no towel or toilet paper. As I asked for toilet paper they just laughed and said they don’t use it (they didn’t have).
For the room I paid IR 130 000 (July 2006).
Breakfast (tea, bread, eggs cheese, butter and jam) was IR 10 000 extra.
Telephone calls within Shiraz are free. The staff can help to arrange tours to Persepolis and other sites around.

Anvari Hotel, Shiraz

Khatam Hotel, Kish Island

When I entered Khatam Hotel it was full of Indian workers from Dubai having breakfast. As there were only men I was not sure this was the right place for me. But I did not know where else to go as there are not many cheap hotels on Kish. I asked for a single room and they said it was IR 340 000. I said it was too expensive for me and showed the price in Lonely Planet, IR 200 000. They said it was an old price, but I could get the room for IR 200 000 (June 2006).

The room was not big, but had two beds, a small bathroom, air-condition and a TV with BBC News (but the picture and sound was not always too clear). It was not very clean but as I asked for new sheets I got completely new ones, from the package. There were no towels and no toilet paper (but tissues).

Breakfast is included in the price and starts at 8.00 when the fresh bread arrives (if you want to eat breakfast earlier you will get yesterdays bread). There is also lunch and dinner for about IR 20 000, including a big bottle of water. The restaurant is Indian so the food is a bit spicy, hot.

The staff is very friendly and helpful (also two women are working in the reception) and speaks good English. If you need a taxi they will call one and it will arrive immediately.
Telephone calls within Kish are free and for a call to Shiraz I paid IR 2500. Half an hour on Internet was IR 5000.
A big water bottle was IR 2000.

My room at Khatam Hotel

Hotel Naderi, Tehran

I moved to Hotel Naderi after my first night in Tehran and was very happy with the room I got because it had a lot of space. It was a large room with two beds, a table and two chairs, a cupboard, a fridge and an air-condition. There was a bathroom with a shower and towels. From the beginning there was no toilet paper, but I got it when I asked for it. And there was a hall. My room had a balcony and was facing the main road, but it was not very noisy. I think they have smaller single rooms, but none as I arrived. Anyway I paid for a single, 15 dollars or IR 140 000 (June 2006). Breakfast is not included in the price and there is no breakfast to buy, but there are small stores nearby.

After having dinner in northern Iran one evening I came back very late and the door was looked. We knocked on the door, rang the doorbell and made phone calls, but no one came to open the door. I realised I probably had to give up, but just then someone very tired opened up. So make sure to tell in advance if you think you will be late.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Road Trip, Backpacking
  • Written September 6, 2006

Hotel Naderi, Tehran

• Rinjani profile photo Rinjani
  • Reviews: 592

Farabi Hotel: Farabi Hotel

change the visa are usually given one night accommodation included with the air ticket.
But of course you need to pay if you extend your stay.

The hotel is situated near to the beach and the shopping center. The hotel is usually full pack with people and you have to share the room with other people. So, if you fancy comfort and privacy, maybe this is not a recommended option.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written December 25, 2004

Monfared Hotel, Masuleh

I arrived to Masuleh a Friday morning, and having seen the traffic hordes leaving Tehran and the crowds arriving to Masuleh I was afraid not to find a room. The minibus stopped below the village and next to the parking was Monfared Hotel. I went there and asked for a room and was so happy to get one that I didn’t say anything about the price, IR 120 000.
The room was damp and the bathroom smelled (but it became better as I turned of the fan). In the evening I did some washing (I had to) even if I knew it was not going to get dry until the next morning (it was actually as wet as the evening before when I woke up).
There was a TV in the room, but it was not working and a fridge. There was no towels or toilet paper (but I got tissues when I asked) and there was only one sheet. Air-condition is not needed as it gets cold in the night (and I was freezing).
Breakfast is not included in the price, but cost extra. When I was paying the bill they had added IR 20 000 for the breakfast, which it was not worth. As I said it was an expensive breakfast they changed it to IR 10 000.

Many families in Masuleh let rooms for tourists and I think it can be a good idea to ask around when you arrive.

My room at Monfared Hotel

Sayyah Hotel, Kashan

My first intention was to stay at Golestan, but as the guidebook said there were only shared bathrooms there and I really had to do some washing and therefore needed my own bathroom I stayed at Sayyah Hotel.
As I have stayed at other hotels with the same standard, but cheaper, I did not think it was worth the IR 220 000 per night (July 2006). It was a green room with TV, fridge, air-condition and bathroom (with towels and toilet paper). Breakfast (tea, bread, butter, jam, cheese and an boiled egg) is included in the price. The room was quiet, on the third floor and with a window facing the bazaar roofs.
There is a computer by the reception which cost IR 10 000 per hour to use.

When I arrived to the hotel I realised I had forgotten my passport at Aria Hotel in Esfahan. No problem they said at Sayyah and called Aria, who send someone to the Terminal with my passport. It travelled with the next bus to Kashan and was there taken to the hotel. The trip for the passport was more expensive than mine, but who can complains when the service is so good!

The hotel room

Hotel Siraf, Busher

In Busher I stayed at Hotel Siraf which was 40 dollars a night, but I didn’t feel the room was worth it. The room had dark colours and is ageing. There is a TV, a fridge and air-condition (old and noisy) and a bathroom. There was no toilet paper and I had to ask twice to get it. At least a man in the reception spoke good English and that is always good if you have questions. Breakfast is included in the price and dinner can be bought in the restaurant. There is a computer in the reception area, but the connection to Internet didn’t work when I wanted to use it. As I was leaving they called a taxi for me.

Hotel Siraf, Busher

Hotel Iran, Qazvin

As I got my room at Hotel Iran it turned out someone had used it and I sat down waiting for it to be cleaned.
As in many hotels in Iran there were some hair on the sheets (I wonder if the cleaning woman didn't change the sheet, but just turned it). Anyway, the room was nice, painted in light yellow with air-condition, a TV, a fridge and a small bathroom. There was both toilet paper and tissues.
The room was IR 105 000.
No breakfast is served at the hotel.
The hotel can help in arranging a tour to Alamut Castle (Gazor Khan).

Hotel Iran, Qazvin

Silk Road Hotel, Yazd

Before going to Iran I had read several good reports about Silk Road Hotel and they were right, Silk Road Hotel is a great place. It is situated in Old Town in a restored house set around a courtyard. The courtyard is a very nice place to sit in, for breakfast or dinner, or just relaxing, writing postcards or reading. In the evening there is water in the fountain.

I had a single room with bathroom facing the courtyard. The room was basic, but nice. I don’t like sleeping with air-condition and to turn it off the staff had to come with a ladder as it was very high up on the wall. A single room is 15 dollars (July 2006) and that includes a good breakfast buffet. Actually there was a IR 20 000 reduction in the price of the room as it was low season.

Everything you eat and drink in the restaurant you pay for as you check out. I don’t like that as I want to know how much I spend every day. Here are some prices from the menu (to the price will 15 % be added):
Water 1.5 litres 3000