Takht-e Soleyman Hotels

Our Members Say

• Behi profile photo Behi
  • Reviews: 267
Campground

a Campground built in 200m west of the Zendan-e Suleiman.

& a bath built in area to use thermal springs.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Road Trip, Historical Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written February 21, 2009
Tip Photo

Campground, Takht-e Soleyman

• suvanki profile photo suvanki
  • Reviews: 2355

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Ranji Hotel - Takab: One of the nearest Hotels

The 2 * Hotel Ranji in Takab is often used by travellers visiting the sites of Takht-e-Soleiman (Throne of Soloman) and Zendan-e-Soleiman (Prison of Soleiman). It was booked as part of my tour, so I'm not sure of the cost.

My LP guide had mentioned the friendly staff, but said it was basic with 'hole in the floor toilet'. So I was pleasantly surprised to find that my room had a western style WC- though it was a bit loose and wobbled!
There have been recent extensions/renovations - there was a smell of paint!

The owner was very friendly and helpful. Majid knew him from previous trips and said that he was 'a good man'

My room was very comfortable, twin beds, TV, Fridge, 'phone,Table and chairs. New towels wrapped in plastic, No wardrobe- yet! I think this was in progress- there was a space with mdf panelling -so instead there was a hat stand to drape clothes on, which was OK for one night. From my window, at night, I could see the lights of a nearby Fun fair.
En Suite with shower, WC, floral patterned basin.
Freebies- shower gel/shampoo and liquid soap.
Flip flop slippers in room and for bathroom.

We ate our evening meal here, as Majid said that it was the best place in Takab. (I'll write about this in my restaurant tip) It was Yummy! (and a nice change from kebab and rice!)

Also a delicious breakfast of freshly baked bread, fried eggs, cheese, honey and cay

• Opinion of Price: N/A