Homa Hotel Tehran

51 Khodami Street, Vanak Square, Tehran, Iran

Satisfaction Average

• bennoor's Profile Photo

Comfortable Hotel, Excellent Location

I stayed at Homa Hotel for 5 nights, from 15 to 19 October, 2007. I liked the hotel from very beginning. The staffs at reception counter were well-behaved and efficient. The room was quite clean and calm. The view from the balcony was nice, seeing the Telecommunication tower.

The location is excellent. Within short distance I found utility shops, restaurants etc. Also the road communication is good, taxi can be hired from in front of the hotel.

The breakfast supplied was not that much good. The menu was almost same everyday.

There was marriage or other parties every evening. This bothered me a little, because the entry of the hotel was crowded.

Unique Quality: I was extremely happy when I saw the national flag of my country, Bangladesh, on the reception counter. It was not during the time of my arrival. They put it after my check-in. Probably they put the flag of a country whenever a person from that country arrives. The idea is fantastic.

• omidamini's Profile Photo

Homa Hotel

Affiliated to the Airline of the Islamic Republic of Iran,Homa Hotel Group has the honor of having served the country's tourist industry for many years now.

Each of Homa Hotel's 912 fully equipped and modern guestrooms and suites in Tehran ,Shiraz,Bandar Abbas and Mashhad(tow Hotels),provide comfort and convenience in a contemporary setting.

Homa Hotel Group is popular for the superb sport and service facilities it offers to its local and foreign guests.

Quality,initiation and communication are values that are shared by our staff in order to adapt to new situations . The reservation centers at each of our Homa Hotels in Tehran,Shiraz,Bandar abbas and Mashhad cities as well as tourist and travel agencies representing Homa Hotel Group,are enthusiastically prepared to offer you reservation services.

More about Homa Hotel Tehran

not really impressed

by call_me_rhia about Homa Hotel restaurant

On our last day in Tehran we wanted to have a memorable lunch and went looking for a nice restaurant near Valiasr avenue, in the side-streets... we ended up finding none, though there were plenty, as we discovered later. Basically we were looking in the wrong area of Valiasr avenue. Anyway, since we were getting nowhere, we decided to head to the 5 star Homa hotel and have lunch at its restaurant. The menu looked very promising and for the first time in our trip we saw that we could have caviar and spinach - not necesarily together. They had run out of both. We tried ordering some other food, they had run out of almost everything... At the end I settled for a sturgeon kebab, which was very good, and a simple tomato salad, which proved to be a hard task to get. First I got a green salad, and then when I told the waiter that I had ordered a tomato salad, he came back with a plate of chips, which left me speechless. Not quite a 5 stars service, I guess.

Iran Sturgeon Caviar - Finest Taste

by RoseAmano about Actually quite hard to find in Iran...

...but perhaps easier to find in restaurants along Caspian Sea???

It seems that Sturgeon Caviar is not classified as "Iranian Cuisine", and that the Industry is designed mainly for export.

As far as we asked where we could eat in Tehran, it seems that only the Japanese Restaurant "Serina" (almost next door to Homa Hotel) offers Iranian Caviar Sushi. Many Japanese who visit here are quite keen to try Iran Caviar, but we did not get a chance to eat here. This Asetra had extremely fine taste, very buttery, with the right amount of saltiness. We did however, find two varieties at Mehrabad International Airport Duty-Free shop, Beluga Caviar (about $200 for 50 g), and Asetra Caviar (as pictured here about $100 for 50g). The production date on the jar was just one day prior to our purchase(!), and keeps maximum freshness 3 months unopened, or 9 hours after opening.

Remember that even Duty Free Shops accept only cash (US dollars or Iranian Rials) no credit cards, much to the loss of the shopkeeper (and us), as our cash level was nearly zero upon leaving the country!

Rental furnished Suite or hotel room in Tehran for 2 weeks

by 11Frank

Hi folks,

I am a businessman, coming to Tehran in the next few days looking for a great hotel close to Vanak Sq. or preferably an exclutive furnished apartment suite (with email and fax).

Any idea about $$ rates for such a suite in compare with the hotel rooms? Any suuggestions?

I have been told to stay away from Jordan street. Do you know why?

Thanks a lot for your info in adavance.
11Frank

Re: Rental furnished Suite or hotel room in Tehran for 2 weeks

by parsivt

You may take Homa Hotel (former Sheraton) 5 min. walking from Vanak Sq.
There are many apartment hotels within walkind distance from Vanak Sq.

1 room at Homa hotel must cost abour US$120-140 per night. The apartments also charge almost the same.
I can name Niloo, Vanak, Taj Mahal and Pardis hotel apartments all in walking distance from Vanak Sq.

Who has told you keep away from Jordan St.?! It's a diplomatic are not far from Vanak Sq.

Comments