Tehran Hotels

Our Members Say

• omidamini profile photo omidamini
  • Reviews: 396

Amir *** Iranshahr - Taleghani st. 021-88304066-9
Osun ** Osun - Sarband - shemiran 021-1155170

• Written June 29, 2009
Tip Photo

• zentrifugal profile photo zentrifugal
  • Reviews: 2

Khayyam Hotel: A good deal for Tehran

We stayed in Khayyam hotel for two nights.
The hotel is difficult to find and you may need a taxi or the proper address as it is in an alley.
The position is optimal as it is close to a metro stop and walking distance from Golestan palace.
The rooms are old and dusty, but the bed sheets and the bathroom was clean.
On the other hand the breakfast was quite poor.
The overall service was fair.

I would recommend it as it is quite cheap (by the way try to bargain on the price) and it is in a good position.

Position, price

• Written June 2, 2009

• Zeyni profile photo Zeyni
  • Reviews: 12

Raamtin Residence Hotel: Residence hotel

Raamtin Hotel is a boutique luxury hotel located in the heart of Tehran on the longest and most scenic street in the city called valiasr Ave. It is Between Vanak and Valiasr Sq. so its a great place and near every place you'll want to go. Raamtin Hotel is operated under the strict guidelines of ISO 9002 quality control and international operating standards.Dedication to highest standards possible has made Raamtin Hotel a favorite spot for all foreign visitors.
Raamtin Hotel offers 3 types of comfortable and spacious rooms:
Double-one room and bathroom with 2 single beds
Suite Studio-one room and bathroom plus a small kitchen
Suite Apartment-one bedroom and bathroom, one family room plus a full-sized kitchen
All rooms are nicely furnished and equipped with flat screen TV's and DVD players. There is also high-speed wireless Internet available throughout the hotel including all the rooms.
It also has a great restaurant called Bistango. This Restaurant is the first true fine dining restaurant in Iran which uniquely combines delicious continental food with beautiful art and outstanding service.
Raamtin café also offers you a wide range of food from Persian dishes to international favorites in a comfortable and cozy setting. Breakfast buffet is also served here that includes delights such as waffles, pancakes, assortment of cheeses, etc.
Raamtin hotel also has a health club, Business center and conference room.

Everything is Unique here. Just try this hotel once. I'm Sure you'll love it and if you visit tehran again you won't go anywhere else.

• Related to: Family Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written October 21, 2008

ramin hotel

• Sambawalk profile photo Sambawalk
  • Reviews: 1601

Parasto Hotel: Good hospitality even I didn't stay there

I arrived at 6am in the morning and asked for a room. There was no room at that moment, but the night shift reception spoke good English and let me in to sit (actually slept in the lobby sofa). So I "rested" there for 2 hours till 8am and asked the receptionist on duty for room status. Unfortunately, she informed that there might not have room for me later in the stay as the hotel is fully booked. But she thinks I might check again at 2pm for chances. Then I said I would reserve first and then go out and keep my lugguage there. She said no problem. Later on, I decided not to stay in Tehren for the day but Kerman. Then I went back to the hotel at 11am and informed my decision of not staying but to continue to keep the lugguage till 1pm, whilst if the hotel needs to charge lugguage storage fee, I can pay. The receptionist said no problem and no need. When I picked up my lugguage at 1pm, she even wished me to have a nice trip and nice day.

At end, I rested in the hotel in the hours that I mostly needed and had lugguage kept there free. That is Iranisn hospitality and this is the service this hotel can give. I highly recommend. The room rate for single is IR320,000.

• Written May 23, 2008

Parasto Hotel

• Sambawalk profile photo Sambawalk
  • Reviews: 1601

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hafez Hotel on Ferdosi Street: Fair value hotel only

I stayed here on 19 May 08 and it was not a very pleasant stay in this hotel, despite there was a recent recommendation in Feb 08 by other Vter.

I stayed at Rm #105 as per pic. Hotel rate was IR220,000. When I booked the hotel 2 weeks before my stay, the receptionist wants $$ first. Thats ok. When I checked in, the hotel seems look nice, but when I looked at it, the bed sheet are not that clean and the pillow in one of the bed looked horrible (I took pic so you can judge yourself.) As my room is in the same level as reception, the people out there made noise till 2am in the morning, the time I checked out to the airport.

Further, when I asked for taxi to IKA airport, the receptionist told me IR200,000. As soon as I asked her to call airport taxi number that I got before as I only paid IR150,000, she said within 1 second to discount it to IR150,000.

Surely I won't recommend this hotel to anyone one of you. But if you insist to stay here, you have my wish of Good luck!

I would recommend you to another hotel: Naderi or Parasto (see other tips)

• Written May 20, 2008

Room view

• call_me_rhia profile photo call_me_rhia
  • Reviews: 4274

Iranshahr Hotel: A good mid-priced hotel

For our second night in Tehran we decided to stay at the Iranshahr Hotel, which proved to be a great decision. The hotel is a bit old but sparkling clean, but what makes the real difference is the two wonderful girls at reception, very helpful, friendly and professional. There's even a porter in uniform, the sweetest old man of all - all smiles and welcoming.

The hotel also has a restaurant and a coffee-shop. In the lobby there's free computer and internet for guests.

Our room, as said before, was a bit oldish - but it was extremely clean and had a comfortable mattress... it smelled clean rather than looking clean. It was also very quiet and, because it was noruuz, there was a significan discount. Our double room, which normally would cost 72 dollars, costed us 43 dollars - including breakfast.

• Written April 6, 2008

entrance

• DAO profile photo DAO
  • Reviews: 3692

HAFEZ HOTEL: GOOD LOCATION, GREAT PRICE

This budget hotel is well situated to a lot of attractions and shopping. It is also set off the main road and is thankfully quiet, which is very rare in Tehran. The staff were friendly and I negotiated a small discount when I checked in. The restaurant is ok food wise, but great service. My room had 2 reasonable beds, a western toilet, shower, shampoo and soap provided, remote control TV and a large fridge for cold drinks.

I was impressed with the location and price and would recommend this hotel for budget travellers. This is the best budget hotel in Tehran.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Business Travel, Family Travel
  • Written December 16, 2007
Tip Photo

THE BEST BUDGET HOTEL IN TEHRAN !

• DAO profile photo DAO
  • Reviews: 3692

HOTEL KHAYYAM: OK BUDGET HOTEL

This hotel is OK. Not great, just OK. You get a reasonable price, a clean room and a basic Iranian toilet and shower. You don’t pay a lot, so don’t expect too much. The staff were nice and the one meal (breakfast) I had in the hotel was nice. You can reserve a room and negotiate a discount via email. The staff are pleasant and helpful and the hotel is secure. They even have a computer/internet you can use in the lobby as well as CNN on the lobby TV. I did find the location a little far to walk to everything though.

It does have very good small refrigerators in the rooms for keeping cold drinks.

• Related to: Family Travel, Business Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written December 16, 2007
Tip Photo

• grets profile photo grets
  • Reviews: 3429

Atlas Hotel: A good base for seeing the city

The Atlas Hotel is a fairly non-descript hotel in a reasonably central location. There is a small reception with a couple of seating areas, one with a TV. When we first arrived there, they had a room full of half a dozen or so PCs all connected to the internet. By the time we got back to the hotel again after two weeks touring Iran, the PCs had been taken away for the room to be renovated. I was led to believe they were being replaced the day after we left Iran for England.

The staff were a mixed bunch, and ranged from the surly to the exceptionally helpful. Some of the reception staff spoke very good English, others not. The restaurant staff had a reasonable command of the English language. All of them spoke better English than my Farsi!

The rooms were in a four story building which was reached via a courtyard (a bugger if it rains), where you could enjoy a cup of tea or a soft drink. In the evening it was lit up with the tacky rope and fairy lights so typical (and charming) of Iran.

The rooms were of a decent size, accessible by card keys. There were two single beds, a large wardrobe, a dressing table, a TV and a seating area with a couple of chairs and a small table. The beds were uncomfortably hard, and I ended up with a back ache after a couple of nights. There was a small balcony overlooking the courtyard, which would have been lovely sit on and enjoy a sundowner before dinner – a cup of tea doesn’t have the same impact!

The bathroom was large and clean, with a walk-in shower, and the towels were individually wrapped in sealed plastic bags each day. The toilet did not flush very well, however, despite following the normal warnings of not putting toilet paper down the bowl. The usual hose attached next to the bowl did help in clearing the blockages most of the time.

• Related to: Road Trip
  • Written June 11, 2007

Atlas Hotel

• Doctor38 profile photo Doctor38
  • Reviews: 331

Eram Grand Hotel: The Hotel

This is a 50 room hotel, Isolated from the nearby city by a high way. It has quite and relaxing atmosphere. We spent 10 days in the hotel during the Asain Cities Chess Championship. The Staff spoke English and were very friendly. There are 2 resturants and a breakfast area. The breakfast was very good. The ground floor resturant was better (it offered sheesha and was very busy on the weekend) . There is a gym, sona, Tennis court and a pool. you can ask for a hotel taxi but I thought it was expensive. Mirdamad metro station is about 2 Km away, just turn left after you get out of the hotel gate and walk along the High way and you'll see it.

Rooms were ok with TV (CNN, BBC and Al-Jazeerah) but it is not worth a 85/115 US $ for S/D. private Bath rooms were clean. A/C and heater was working fine. Laundery service was good. its ideal for any one with a car.

It is interesting to know that this Hotel used to be a prison for high ranking Iraqi generals captured during the war. This was due to the fact that if one of them was successful in escaping there will be no near by houses or place to hide. The Hotel is cut out of the ciy by the surrounding Highway

• Written March 12, 2007
Tip Photo

Hotel view from a near by hill

• JohnniOmani profile photo JohnniOmani
  • Reviews: 552

Firouzeh Hotel: Tehrans Best Option

After staying in other places I stayed in this place my next time around. This place is by far the best of three that I have seen and it is great in major part due to the friendly owner. He speaks English and is very helpful. It is off Amir Kabir St and is relatively quiet and the spotless rooms have fridges, shower and sat TV. The meeting area is a great place to meet other travellers and the owner can help you plan your trip through Iran. I highly recommend it ;)

The friendly owner Mr. Musavi and the showers. He is a mountain of information and can help you do just about anything you want to within reason.

• Written March 6, 2007

• JohnniOmani profile photo JohnniOmani
  • Reviews: 552

Hafez Hotel: Hafez Hotel

This place is in a great area meaning that nothing is far away from its area and it is located off Ferdosi st. This hotel is quiet, clean and the rooms have fridges soft beds and Western toilets. There is a small bedroom and there is English spoken. The price is a bit much for the standard but it is tough to match for location. Good upper budget option.

English spoken, location and there is small restaurant if you dont want to go back outside to face the madness of Tehran.

• Written March 6, 2007

• MalenaN profile photo MalenaN
  • Reviews: 4938

Hotel Naderi

I moved to Hotel Naderi after my first night in Tehran and was very happy with the room I got because it had a lot of space. It was a large room with two beds, a table and two chairs, a cupboard, a fridge and an air-condition. There was a bathroom with a shower and towels. From the beginning there was no toilet paper, but I got it when I asked for it. And there was a hall. My room had a balcony and was facing the main road, but it was not very noisy. I think they have smaller single rooms, but none as I arrived. Anyway I paid for a single, 15 dollars or IR 140 000 (June 2006). Breakfast is not included in the price and there is no breakfast to buy, but there are small stores nearby.

After having dinner in northern Iran one evening I came back very late and the door was looked. We knocked on the door, rang the doorbell and made phone calls, but no one came to open the door. I realised I probably had to give up, but just then someone very tired opened up. So make sure to tell in advance if you think you will be late.

• Related to: Backpacking, Road Trip, Budget Travel
  • Written September 6, 2006

Hotel Naderi

• MalenaN profile photo MalenaN
  • Reviews: 4938

Khayyam Hotel

The first night in Tehran I stayed at Khayyam Hotel. Looking at the map I thought it had a good location, but that was not the case, at least not for me travelling alone. The hotel is situated in a narrow alley and most shops in the nearest blocks are shops for men selling things for cars and motorbikes etc. meaning that there were no women around.

The room was small but clean, with a table, a cupboard, a very uncomfortable bed (the mattress was leaning to one side), a TV, a fridge and tissues. And there was a bathroom with a squat toilet, a shower, towels and toilet paper.

The price was 22 dollars (July 2006) and that included breakfast.

There is a computer in the reception area , but the Internet was not working the day I arrived (a Friday). No one knew of an Internet café, but I found one half an hour walk from the hotel. I had mailed Andy (leonik) the telephone number to the hotel, the one written in the guidebook.. As I came back to the hotel they told me it was the wrong number and I had to walk back to the Internet café again to send a new mail. At that time I had already decided to change hotel the next day, even though the hotel and staff are nice.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Road Trip, Backpacking
  • Written September 5, 2006

Khayyam Hotel, Tehran

• hydronetta profile photo hydronetta
  • Reviews: 903

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hafez Hotel: Stay away!

Superb location in Central Tehran if you want to visit the sights on foot. Despite my guidebook mentioned it as fair value I would rate it as the worse value of all our accommodations in Iran. Shabby room, depressing, not that clean or tidy, questionable whether the bed linen had been changed or not.
And don’t let yourself be fooled by the central location: after dark the area was deserted causing a sense of insecurity.
Highly NOT recommended!!