Mashad Hotel

Taleghani Cross Rd., Dr Moftah Ave., Block 190, Tehran, Iran

• suvanki's Profile Photo

3* Hotel Central location

There is another Hotel Mashad on Amir Kabir Street, which is a budget price hotel

This was to be my accommodation for the first 2 nights and then the last night of my tour around Iran. It was booked through my tour company - I think I saw 918,000R on the bill

I walked through the door in the early hours, following my flight to Imam Khomeini Airport, and a 45 minute car journey- getting a chance to witness the unique style of driving in Iran as well as a glimse of ' The Holy Shrine of Imam Khomeini' illuminated against the dark sky, and the Borj - e - Miland - the tallest tower in Iran, standing at 435 metres, it is the 4th tallest tower in the world, and the 12th highest free standing structure.

My guide dealt with my registration, before leaving - having arranged to meet later that morning for sightseeing.

There was a lift to the 3rd floor and my room.
    Key/ electrics card

The room was quite spacious, though quite drab.

Single bed, fridge (with jug of water), Dressing table, wardrobe - with Koran, prayer mat and slippers, table and chairs.

View from window to mountains- plus busy street below

En - Suite Bathroom - Shower, WC, basin,
    freebies - shampoo and soap.

I woke, after an unsettled few hours sleep, and found that I'd been a banquet for some beasties!
    So, the next night I smothered myself in mossie repellent. I forgot on my last night, and had a couple more bites.

Breakfast was eaten in the basement restaurant.
    Orange squash, boiled egg, soft cheese, water melon, lavash (thin flatbread) honey, cake and a pot of cay

Unique Quality: It wasn't until I returned home, and checked the hotel web site, that I discovered there was a 6th floor restaurant, with balcony and views to the Alborz mountains

Room service available - I was looking forward to trying the saffron ice cream, but there was only coffee flavour - this was quite pleasant though.

Pot of tea and ice cream cost 20,700 R

Directions: 2 minutes walk from US 'Den of Espionage'
    Metro - Taleqani stop

• omidamini's Profile Photo

Hotel Mashhad

I never was in Hotel Mashhad, but it is one of good Hotel in Tehran , it is located in near hafte Tir Sq so you can access from this hotel to ValiAsr Sq and Amjadiyeh ( Shiroodi ) Stadium, it is very close to Bahar St, the center of baby clothes shopping.

• Cheap + clean south Tehran

Sometimes called Mashad Hotel, but it seems like the name has been changed because there is another Mashad Hotel in Tehran that is more expensive. Rooms for 30,000. Dorm beds sometimes for 25,000. most Travelers stay here while in Tehran. 281 Amir Kabir Street, east of Emam Khomeini Square.
    Internet access is available but only on one computer. The connection is quite slow and unreliable.

Directions: South Tehran. East of Emam Khomeini metro