Metropol Grand

17 Gad Machnes Street, PO Box 1006, Netanya, 42279, Israel

More about Netanya

Paragliding above Netanya's promenadeParagliding above Netanya's promenade

Watching the sunset on the Netanya promenadeWatching the sunset on the Netanya promenade

On the Netanya promenadeOn the Netanya promenade

Central Netanya beach on a weekend in JulyCentral Netanya beach on a weekend in July

Food delivery in Netanya?

by FromBoston

I would like to send some food platters to a family that has had a death. Can someone suggest a place that can deliver nicely arranged platters--either a restaurant or a gourmet shop? Need to do this right away, so thanks for responding.

by rdglady

I'm sitting in Netanya as I write this. One restaurant that I had in mind--doesn't answer their phone and I don't know if they do platters. I have another in mind--whose name evades me. Tomorrow I'll walk past and ask. Figure, by the time you wake up on Monday you'll have my response. I assume there is a full Shiva week--so that should be okay!

by FromBoston

I can't thank you enough! Very hard to figure this out from Boston! Yes, the shivah is the full week. Two places we wondered about are Yotvata (Ha'atzmaut Square) and the Tiv Taam store

I'll watch for your answer. Please know how much we appreciate your advice!

by FromBoston

Hi - My son found this list of restaurants on the Internet that deliver within Netanya:
Would it be possible for you to let me know your thoughts about these? We're looking for nice food, and it's hard to just pick from a list without knowing anything about these places. We hope to place the order as soon as possible, so I'm very grateful for you feedback. Thank you!!!

by rdglady

Post # 1--I'm sure you are sleeping--( or should be asleep) I've yet to go to town to check out what i want to!)

I went through the list. Most of he restaurants listed are either in Poleg ( so I dont' know them--its outside of the center of the city) or closed!! Yotvata is always empty ( I don't know when you were last here), and it doesn't present an appetizing picture when you look at the store--kinda grungy!

TivTaam is a non-Kosher supermarket. I am modern Orthodox and I'll leave my comment at that!

BTW I am assuming you want something cold--salads or that genre. Also, as a point aside--my brother lives in Boston--but is part of the Bostoner Community! Catch ya later.

by rdglady

I am nervous that this thread could be deleted because it is not travel related. I have sent you an email via virtual tourist. Look at the top of your screen, it says "email" and you should have one from me--unless I am still typing. ( it is 5:10AM your time as I write this)

by FromBoston

Hi - I haven't been to Netanya in many years--probably 10--so I totally trust your opinion. The family is not kosher, so that's not a factor, but of course your guidance will really help. Thank you, thank you for your advice.

Travel Tips for Netanya

A Big Comlex Of Something...

by edvin_br

Im not sure what s that place... i know it is made of 6 residental buildings and in the other side there are some shops and restaurants that are situated on Nitza boulevard. I remember the first time when i ate in one of the restaurants that called Cafe Nitza a great spaghrtti.... since then im going there a lot of times to eat my favorite dish.

Health clinic

by edvin_br

There is nothing special in that building. It is my clinic where i go when im sick... there are many more like taht in Netanya so i wanted you to see one. They Health subject in Israel is one of the best in the world i belive.

If you hear a lot of French it means that...

by edvin_br

You see the people who immigrated from France to Netanya... i dont know the reason why they came here, but it happend in the last 2 years... you can see them walking around particularly in the Liberty square and in the main street (Hertzel)... you see people of all ages... small kids, teenagers, adults and elderly persons.
To me it seems that they dont do anything all day... no work... no school... but i like them, they giving the city an armosphere like there were tourists (what you cant see because the bad security situation).

Shahar Hagie Str.

by edvin_br

Its a small but a very busy street. It leads you from Hertzel blvd. to the Central bus station.
There are some shops and restaurants in the area. You can eat in this street Falafel and shuwarma that are the Israelies national food, there are many small restaurants which sell it and you wont have problam to find it, there will be a lot of people who are aeting outside. In addition to this local costum you will also see in my picture at the right side a man who selling some kind of doughnut, its very good and cheap.

Legendary Football

by edvin_br

A lot of people know about Netanyas Football dream team that was the best in Israel in the 70-ties and the 80-ties and some of the best footballers of the country came from here, for example Oded Machnes or Motale Spigler who is the only Israeli player who scored at a world cup.
Today the team is not in such a good situation. all the good players are leaving for bigger clubs but it is still worth visiting a game. The atmosphre is fantastic and the fans are great.... Come to the match with good mood... for now you will come to the old stadium wihch called "The Box" but in the next years there will be a new modern stadium which is getting built right now.... im really waiting for it.

Comments