Le Meridien Haifa

Istiklal Mosque, HaifaIstiklal Mosque, Haifa

Painted doorways, HaifaPainted doorways, Haifa

Wadi Salib, HaifaWadi Salib, Haifa

Maison de Sacre Coeur, HaifaMaison de Sacre Coeur, Haifa

How Many Visitors were there in 2009 to the Baha'i Hanging Gardens?

by RonPrice

My question is: "How Many Visitors were there in 2009 to the Baha'i Hanging Gardens in Haifa?" The Arc Project was officially completed in September 2001. The Terraces from the top to the bottomof Mt.Carmel have now been completed andopen to the public for nearly nine years. Is there any chance of these beautiful gardens having problems obtaining a supply of water in such a dry land?

by goodfish

I'm not quite sure what your question is:

How Many Visitors were there in 2009 ?
I would contact the garden's visitor center for that

Is there any chance of these beautiful gardens having problems obtaining a supply of water?
A google on the gardens will bring up information on the sophisticated and efficient irrigation system during the summer months.

As I see you've lived in Israel and are a member of the Bahai faith, I might also assume you've spent time in Haifa so are very familiar with this most important shrine.

by goodfish

Correction: I see you've VISITED Israel, not lived there. My mistake.

by leics

VT is a site where ordinary traveller sahre advice, experiences and information.

I doubt anyone will be able to answer your question about visitor numbers.........so contact the gardens themselves, as suggested. here's their website:

'Contact us' is at the bottom of the page.

tells you how they are watered.

by Martin_S.

Shalom, Shalom: For us here in Israel the question about the water supply is very much in the forefront. The last few years we have had little rainfall and water supply has been cut. A law was initiated that forbade watering private gardens and adding a very large tax on extra water usage. This in effect caused me to dry up a large part of my garden at home (of course it is preferable to have water to drink) because I could not afford the water.
I often wonder if places that use excessive amounts of water should be closed down, giving us the water we need to drink and raise crops. Also the industries that use large amounts of water should have restrictions put on their demands, or at least "encourage" them to conserve water by installing ways and means that use less water. Recycling "grey" water for use with non consumable crops (like cotton) and gardens should also be encouraged.
As for the Bahai Gardens themselves, they are beautiful today, but I more enjoyed the old gardens, they were less formal, but more friendly and it was possible to visit without a guide pushing you to go faster so they could get you through and then take more people.
Martin

Travel Tips for Haifa

Tilt city

by Pedralho

Beach, the restaurants on the beach.
The Bahai temple yeah, the beach, my first dive in the Mediterranean. Water is warm, there is shade and grass. You don't pay to be in the beach. There is a nude beach south (Atlit), but didn't go there. The Baha'i Temple. The mall.

Ramat Yochanan

by NYTim

Actually would take them for a drive around Haifa and Acco. When I visited in May 2005 I stayed at my old kibbutz, Ramat Yochanan. It is located about ten miles east of Haifa. I miss the heartfelt love of the kibbtzniks who warmly welcomed me back after an absence of 28 years. It was as if I had never left.

go to the BAHA-GARDENS!
it is...

by michaella

go to the BAHA-GARDENS!
it is an experiance you wownt forget,if you are a garden freak thats your place! you can get 'lost' there for a hole day.... the fair that the city holdes in early december for the holydays. in Haifa you can find 4 relegons: jews, christians, muslems, bahas living in harmony.
and every year befor the december holydays they hold this big fair where you can bye gifts and do all ate things, get all kind of foods and get to know all the deforant relegions....have a good time!

Internet Cafes

by Sharon

For all of you who wants to check their mails or download photos or any other thing, here's two links that will help you to find a Local
I-Cafe's in the main cities of Israel:

People before their wedding

by ophiro

People on the day of their wedding is going out to get pictures in the nature or in beautiful streets and places.

Here a lot of people go to the Louis promenade because the view is very beautiful.

Comments