Israel Hotels

Our Members Say

Nof Ginosar Hotel: Kibbutz near The Sea of Galilee

Their location right on the shores of the Sea of Galilee made the Nof Ginosar kibbutz hotel very appealing. Although maybe needing some spiffing up, our rooms were comfortable and we slept very well at night. It was so quiet!

Each morning we were given a friendly greeting in the lobby as we made our way to the upper level dining room. Meals were served buffet style and although the waiters weren't particularly talkative, our fellow travelers were.

The spacious lobby was a great meeting place and offered several comfy seating areas at which to meet your friends. The gift shop although fairly small was a step above the norm, providing necessary items (toothpaste, tylenol, postcards, stamps, snacks) but also luxurious scented soaps, oils, creams and jewelry, neat gifts for the kids/grandkids/family back home.

• Related to: Singles, Seniors, Women's Travel

Nof Ginosar Hotel

Jerusalem Olive Tree Hotel: Commendable for its Service

The Olive Tree Hotel website says "True to the ancient tradition of hospitality to pilgrims" and that says it all! This was a welcoming place that served its guests superbly.

My roomie and I had special converters in order to use our hairdryers (not necessary), charge our cameras and cellphones. However, at times we had a problem doing so.

A call to the front desk brought an expert fix-it man, who not only solved our dilemma but gave us extra converters we needed at no charge AND showed me how to change the wattage setting on my hair dryer with one turn of the screwdriver--now that was very appreciated! I only have good memories of The Olive Tree!

Amenities are:

room service
24 hr. service info.
daily newspaper on demand
laundry/dry cleaning
connecting rooms on each floor
ironing room on each floor
minibar in room when requested
internet connection from room upon request
facilibites for disabled guests
free parking for hotel guests
wireless surfing in for laptops (HotSpots)
'Hot Spots' in all the rooms on top three floors
medical services available upon request

It seemed our dining area changed each night, but we always had a courteous and efficient waiter. We could also fill our water bottles each night following dinner.

Off the lobby/outside entrance was a very nice gift shop carrying gorgeous jewelry and carved olive wood figures which were on sale when we visited--convenient for taking home some authentic crafts from Israel.

• Related to: Women's Travel, Singles, Seniors

Jerusalem Olive Tree Hotel

Sheraton Jerusalem Plaza Hotel: A Fine Hotel in the City

Starwood's Sheraton Jerusalem Plaza Hotel was an excellent place to lodge. The service was impeccable, the comfortable rooms nicely furnished and waitstaff attentive.

Amenities include:

24 hr. front desk
babysitting service
beauty/barber shop
car rental service
concierge service
wake up service available
luggage storage
wireless high speed internet access in public spaces for a charge
safety deposit boxes
smoke detectors
parking and valet available
business center
outdoor pools

Having free access to a computer was a terrific feature, so I made use of it often at the business center. I particularly appreciated having "boutique shopping" off the lobby where jewelry, gifts, books, CD's and other souvenirs from Israel were offered. At one of the shops, I found a pretty sterling silver necklace that has become my favorite piece of jewelry. (pic #2).

Our meals were delicious! We were given a choice of salmon/other type of fish, beef, chicken or pasta for our evening repast. We were able to fill our water bottles each evening after our meals, as well.

I was amused by how the elevators functioned on the Sabbath: some stopped every so many floors, while the Gentile elevators shot to the top as before.

This hotel was within walking distance to Ben Yehuda street, which was pedestrian-friendly and an ideal shopping location containing many great shops and restaurants!

• Related to: Women's Travel, Singles, Seniors

The guest room

• daryleann profile photo daryleann
  • Reviews: 3

Hotel Cinema: Picturesque

We booked online and took a taxi from the airport. Check in was easy and swift, and although I did not take any popcorn, it was there if we wanted (movie theater theme throughout)
Room was quiet and comfortable. "Business lounge" on upper floor was a nice view and snacks in the evening. Internet was available. We met several people there while we waited for PC.. spa was not working.
Breakfast room got crowded but people moved out fairly quickly. Good choices.
Location of hotel was very good. Walked to a local restaurant and enjoyed a light meal after a long day flying. (Amelia's - as in Earhart). The next nite after all day sightseeing they recommended a place on the beach and we had a scrumptious dinner to celebrate my birthday.
This was a perfect location, and we managed to walk all over Tel Aviv from here.

View from roof was fantastic. sun chairs that many took advantage of during a hot day.
Mezzanine had lots of mementos from early film days and clips were running in the lobby.
Frozen Yogurt place around the circle was wonderful on hot afternoons!!

• Related to: Budget Travel, Religious Travel
  • Written June 6, 2009

Bedroom

• daryleann profile photo daryleann
  • Reviews: 3

Hotel Cinema: Picturesque

Breakfast room got crowded but people moved out fairly quickly. Good choices.

Frozen Yogurt place around the circle was wonderful on hot afternoons!!

• Related to: Religious Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written June 6, 2009

Bedroom

• dkorwood profile photo dkorwood
  • Reviews: 6

Ron Beach Hotel: Great Value

Spent 2 nights in March 2009. Few amenities but great location and super breakfast buffet
My only complaint was no coffee pot or hot pot in room.
Has ironing room but no irons in room.
I did not see an elevator.

Rooms on 3rd floor renovated and face Sea of Galilee(ask for room 326-347). Short walk to town (5 min). Great for families as has really good playground (I am a Playground Safety Inspector), nice pool, small basketball court.

• Related to: Family Travel, Religious Travel
  • Written April 6, 2009

my room

• RachT profile photo RachT

Prima Musica: Decent Hotel - Would Recommend

We stayed one night at this hotel and didn't spend a lot of time in it as we got into Eilat in the evening and left early in the morning on our tour to Jordan. This hotel was clean, moderately priced, and I have no complaints about it. The room was clean and we had an excellent view of the Red Sea and Agaba from our room window. Also, the Hotel was a short 5 minute walk to the sea - although not to a beach.

I think there were facilities, but we didn't have time to check them out. We did have a pretty good view from our room of the Red Sea and Agaba, Jordan.

• Written April 2, 2009

View from our room of the Red Sea and Jordan

• ellenog profile photo ellenog

Crown Plaza Jerusalem: Crown Plaza Jerusalem

I found the Crown Plaza online and booked the hotel. After booking I then found Virtual Tourist. The reviews of the hotel were not great and I was worried. I am here to say, the Crown Plaza met all my expectations. The rooms were clean and modern. The bathroom shower was high enough, hot enough and hard enough to was my hair. The views from our balcony was spectacular. And the hotel staff went beyond the call of duty to make our stay a great stay. We had a few meals in the hotel and they were good and inexpensive. Although we were told renovations were being made, there were no signs of these renovations going on. I have nothing but praise for this hotel, and would recommend it to anyone visiting Jerusalem.

The rooms were clean and modern, the view from the balcony was fabulous, the lobby was cozy, the restaurants were clean and appealing.

• Related to: Luxury Travel, Spa and Resort, Religious Travel
  • Written April 2, 2009

• mandarindli profile photo mandarindli

Kef Yam / Kibbutz Sdot Yam / Caesarea: Accommodation by the Sea

Kef Yam is a hotel or a resort that is managed by the nearby Kibbutz Sdot Yam in Caesarea. It has approximately 3 buildings with two storeys and in each building there are 20 rooms, I assume.

I stayed there at the end of April 2008 and paid $100 a night including breakfast and dinner, which are served in a separate building by the sea with a nice terrace where you can sit.
The price of $100 a night seems high but I assume that was because I was travelling alone and the price is for the room (which had 3 beds) and not per person. In this room I had a private bathroom, wardrobe, TV and water boiler.

Would I recommend this accommodation? Partly yes, partly no. I made some bad experiences concerning the food. I was there at the end of Pessach and when I arrived there there were many guests. But after two days almost all of them left and I was the only guest. On Saturday evening I wanted to go to dinner but there was no dinner. Some kibbutz member that was walking around told me that there is never a dinner at Sat evenings. But nobody had told me that! I was assured that there would be a breakfast at the next morning though. But when I went to breakfast there was none! By accident, a member of the kitchen crew arrived and when I explained myself he made me a nice breakfast. Then I went to the check-in-desk and got the money back for the dinner that I had not had the night before. I was assured that I would get dinner tonight and left contented. When I arrived back in Kef Yam in the evening I went to the desk again since I had a question. I was told again that there would be a dinner tonight. But when I went to that dining hall later again it was all dark and nobody there!!! Again, I met by accident that kitchen member outside and he was very surprised and told me that he wasn't told somebody would come (though I had told him already in the morning and was assured at the desk twice). Now he made me a salad and warmed up some rice and chicken in the micro. But please, when was that from, since there had been no dinner also the night before.....

I am a tolerant person but that was too little of good. If it comes to the situation that you have only one or two guests, you must either tell them that there is no meals so that they can buy their own food or you tell your kitchen crew that there will be people. Seeing the price of 100$ a night, I expect much more.

But well, I have to say, while there were many guests around, the meals were very good!!!!!!!!!! So, in fact I can still recommend this place to you and hope for you that you won't be the only guest...

There is no pool, but it is located by the sea (Mediterranean). You can do watersports there and rent surfboards etc.

From Kef Yam it is not far to the excavations of Caesarea, which are surely worth a visit.

There is a bus that stops at the Kibbutz (bus from Hadera). But I don't know if it also stops at Kef Yam, since I was travelling by a rented car. But anyway, you can step off the bus in the Kibbutz and walk through the Kibbutz down to the Kef Yam Resort which comes next.

In the resort there is also a basket ball hall so that you might meet children from sports clubs who are also guests and train there (like I did).

If you are travelling by car, you'll have no problem with parking. There is a private parking of the Resort to which you get access via a barrier.

The sea is strong there and as far as I understood the signs, you are not supposed to swim too far into the sea. The beach is sandy and nice. There is a beach café right where the Resort is. There you can also get something to drink and eat.

Caesarea is a good place to start if you are planning trips in the North of Israel. You have good access to the major highways. There is a petrol station very close to the resort and the next ones would be in close-by Hadera (5km).

There is a supermarket in the Kibbutz - ask for opening hours at the check-in-desk of Kef Yam.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written May 9, 2008

bar by the beach

• mandarindli profile photo mandarindli

Arad Youth Hostel "Blau-Weiss": A nice and quiet place to stay in Arad

The Arad Youth Hostel is located close to the Police Station and sports facilities (soccer lawn) and within a few minutes walk you can reach the center of the (small) city (24'000 inhabitants).

The whole Hostel Area has nice gardens/flowers... benches to sit...

I was lucky though because I booked a bed in a dormitory for 28$ a night (including breakfast) but there were no other guests apart from a group of older people (May 2-4, 2008). So what I got in fact was a very nice room (no. 45) with two beds, newly renovated, superbe bathroom, TV, fridge, water boiler....

People might tell you that there is nothing to do in Arad. Well, if you are looking for a quiet place you will be happy there. It's also a good location to start from if you want to go to the Dead Sea (24km to Neve Zohar junction; 32 km to En Boqeq; 63 km to Ein Gedi); or Tel Arad ---> 10 km; plus it is not far to Dimona and Mamshit (haven't been there but you can see it on your own map).
Here you can get a map from Arad: http://www.arad.muni.il/fileadmin/images/mapa_tour.jpg. It is in Hebrew but at least people might show you where you are in case you get lost. The lowest bed-icon under the red david star in the center of the map is the Arad Hostel. The big road that ends with a red triangle/arrow is the road to the Dead Sea/Neve Zohar Junction.

If you book via www.hihostels.com: pay attention to the fact that there is also a Hostel in Arad/Romania!!!!!!

You can also book via the Israel Youth Hostel Association, http://www.iyha.org.il/, but there I would have been able only to book a private room for $75 a night!

Note: Fridays office closure at 1pm. Although you can surely arrive later if you announce it in advance.

In the city of Arad there is a big shopping mall called Kenion where you can buy everything you need.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written May 9, 2008

• dek315 profile photo dek315

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Palmira Hotel and Prima Music: Eilat hotels

We flew to Eilat soon after landing in Tel Aviv because we wanted to tour Petra for 2 days. First we stayed at the Palmira Hotel in Eilat to rest after the long flight. We soon learned that the mid-level hotels don't have bellhops to help with the luggage. We were on the first level but there were about 6 steps leading to the hallway to our room. The carpet in the hallway to the room was disgusting--it was badly stained and looked as though it hadn't been vacuumed in a year. The room was clean though there was a problem with the door not accepting the card key and our safe couldn't be programmed. These issues were remedied and the breakfast was fine, but I was glad we weren't staying there on our return from Petra. They did let us store some luggage there while we travelled for the 2 nites.

nothing outstanding.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written April 12, 2008

• eladrosh profile photo eladrosh

Isralet: Holiday apartments Index

You might want to check a website called Isralet (www.isralet.com), it's a large index of holiday apartments and short term rentals all around Israel.
You might find what you're looking for in there.

Good luck and have a pleasant trip.

• Written April 5, 2008

• bradbeaman profile photo bradbeaman
  • Reviews: 471

Nof Ginsor Inn on the Sea of Galilee: Stay near Tiberias

Nof Ginsor Inn on the Sea of Galilee at Kibbutz Ginosar, ISRAEL

Nof Ginosar hotel 10 kilometers north of Tiberias is on the Sea of Galilee at the base of Mount Arbel with a great view of the like and surrounding hills in the dinning area.

• Related to: Historical Travel
  • Written January 9, 2008

• eitan111 profile photo eitan111
  • Reviews: 2

itour: öéîøéí

I was looking for a nice place to stay at while staying for two days at the golan hights and i found a website called Itour. This helped me plan my visit not only for these 2 days but also the weeks that where ahead of me.
you can check it if you would like at:

• Related to: Backpacking, Road Trip, Business Travel
  • Written November 25, 2007

• channah_123 profile photo channah_123

Maxim Hotel Tel Aviv: A good place for a good price

Maxim can be pretty much considered a budget hotel. However I was very pleased with it on my stay there. The room was large enough, as was the washroom. TV and phone included. Not to mention the breakfast and the 5 o'clock tea ... very good for socializing!
The staff is friendly - a little bit different from the North American kind of courteousness true – but none the less customer service oriented.
It’s a good place to stay at for sure!

Very good location.