Israel Hotels

Our Members Say

• magor65 profile photo magor65
  • Reviews: 838

Masada Youth Hostel

I usually don't pay much attention to accommodation. It's enough for me to have a bed and shower. I don't go on holidays to stay in a hotel room so when I travel on my own I tend to choose low budget places. This time it was a little different. Travelling in a group we mostly stayed in reasonably good hotels, but frankly speaking none of them made an impression on me.

The outstanding exception was the Masada Youth Hostel - spacious, very clean and above all beautifully located - at the foot of Masada. The only difference between this hostel and hotels was that we ourselves had to carry our luggage to the rooms. But what wonderful views we had instead!

• Related to: Hiking and Walking
  • Written July 15, 2005

Masada Youth Hostel

• Carmela71 profile photo Carmela71
  • Reviews: 2995

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

The Home apartments: Accomodation in Tel Aviv

Great value: money & situation

City center, very well situated.

Around 40 euros per night the double room, with special offers.

If you stay two nights, you get the third one free.... and things like that

People speak Spanish and English (as many employees and the owners are from Southamerica)

Ask for the second floor as they have there some renovated rooms, that you do not get if you have any special deal. but if you book the normal one with no discount, you can get them.

If I come back I will stay there again!

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written June 16, 2004

• Paul2001 profile photo Paul2001
  • Reviews: 1797

The Nova Hotel: Very Good Family Oriented Hotel In Eilat

I really enjoyed by stay at the Nova Hotel inspite of the fact that I really did not spend all that much time in the hotel. I was a very busy tourist in Eilat so I did not hang out at the hotel a whole lot. I did enjoy the pool however. And the rooms were quite large and had kitchenettes if you tire of restaurant food. The lobby of the hotel was quite pleasant and very bright.

The hotel can arrange tours to Petra and the Negrev. They also have a childrens club were the kids can play.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written April 6, 2004

Pool and Sundeck at the Nova Hotel in Eilat

Sheraton Jerusalem Plaza Hotel: A Fine Hotel in the City

Starwood's Sheraton Jerusalem Plaza Hotel was an excellent place to lodge. The service was impeccable, the comfortable rooms nicely furnished and waitstaff attentive.

Amenities include:

24 hr. front desk
babysitting service
beauty/barber shop
car rental service
concierge service
wake up service available
luggage storage
wireless high speed internet access in public spaces for a charge
safety deposit boxes
smoke detectors
parking and valet available
business center
outdoor pools

Having free access to a computer was a terrific feature, so I made use of it often at the business center. I particularly appreciated having "boutique shopping" off the lobby where jewelry, gifts, books, CD's and other souvenirs from Israel were offered. At one of the shops, I found a pretty sterling silver necklace that has become my favorite piece of jewelry. (pic #2).

Our meals were delicious! We were given a choice of salmon/other type of fish, beef, chicken or pasta for our evening repast. We were able to fill our water bottles each evening after our meals, as well.

I was amused by how the elevators functioned on the Sabbath: some stopped every so many floors, while the Gentile elevators shot to the top as before.

This hotel was within walking distance to Ben Yehuda street, which was pedestrian-friendly and an ideal shopping location containing many great shops and restaurants!

• Related to: Seniors, Women's Travel, Singles

The guest room

Jerusalem Olive Tree Hotel: Commendable for its Service

The Olive Tree Hotel website says "True to the ancient tradition of hospitality to pilgrims" and that says it all! This was a welcoming place that served its guests superbly.

My roomie and I had special converters in order to use our hairdryers (not necessary), charge our cameras and cellphones. However, at times we had a problem doing so.

A call to the front desk brought an expert fix-it man, who not only solved our dilemma but gave us extra converters we needed at no charge AND showed me how to change the wattage setting on my hair dryer with one turn of the screwdriver--now that was very appreciated! I only have good memories of The Olive Tree!

Amenities are:

room service
24 hr. service info.
daily newspaper on demand
laundry/dry cleaning
connecting rooms on each floor
ironing room on each floor
minibar in room when requested
internet connection from room upon request
facilibites for disabled guests
free parking for hotel guests
wireless surfing in for laptops (HotSpots)
'Hot Spots' in all the rooms on top three floors
medical services available upon request

It seemed our dining area changed each night, but we always had a courteous and efficient waiter. We could also fill our water bottles each night following dinner.

Off the lobby/outside entrance was a very nice gift shop carrying gorgeous jewelry and carved olive wood figures which were on sale when we visited--convenient for taking home some authentic crafts from Israel.

• Related to: Singles, Women's Travel, Seniors

Jerusalem Olive Tree Hotel

Nof Ginosar Hotel: Kibbutz near The Sea of Galilee

Their location right on the shores of the Sea of Galilee made the Nof Ginosar kibbutz hotel very appealing. Although maybe needing some spiffing up, our rooms were comfortable and we slept very well at night. It was so quiet!

Each morning we were given a friendly greeting in the lobby as we made our way to the upper level dining room. Meals were served buffet style and although the waiters weren't particularly talkative, our fellow travelers were.

The spacious lobby was a great meeting place and offered several comfy seating areas at which to meet your friends. The gift shop although fairly small was a step above the norm, providing necessary items (toothpaste, tylenol, postcards, stamps, snacks) but also luxurious scented soaps, oils, creams and jewelry, neat gifts for the kids/grandkids/family back home.

• Related to: Women's Travel, Seniors, Singles

Nof Ginosar Hotel

• magor65 profile photo magor65
  • Reviews: 838

Yad Hashemona: Better than a hotel

We spent the last night before our flight back to Poland in a place called Yad Hashemona.
It's a village built in 1971 by Finns. It's composed of some log houses for tourists, restaurant and cafeteria, souvenir shop and a charming biblical garden.
It's a great place for rest and recreation, but also for such events like weddings or conferences.
The rooms, seemingly simple (Finnish quality), are very comfortable, clean and cosy, equipped with television, radio and electric kettle.

Beautifully located in Judean hills near Jerusalem, it offers wonderful views and peaceful atmosphere.
Delicious food in restaurant.

• Written July 27, 2005

Yad Hashemona

• jadedmuse profile photo jadedmuse
  • Reviews: 611

Kibbutzes and Tzimmers: Israel's Alternative to Hotels

Israel offers some excellent alternatives to staying in a hotel. For example, you can stay in a kibbutz or a tzimmer. I've done both and have enjoyed the experiences much more than hunkering down in a regular hotel. Depending on where you plan to travel within the country, these options are available to you as well.

For more information on these options, you can go to the following URLS:

Kibbutzes
or
Kibbutzes & Tzimmers
or
Bed&Breakfasts

• Written June 25, 2005
Tip Photo

• angiebabe profile photo angiebabe
  • Reviews: 1679

Notre Dame de Sion: guesthouse at a convent in En Kerem

Had a brilliant stay here and would love to come back - this is a guesthouse run by nuns in a convent on a hill in En Kerem, an oasis on the outskirts of Jerusalem.

...flowers and gardens - areas to stroll around in or sit surrounded by trees and flowers - great views in all direction with the security of a thick old wall right around the property.

The guesthouse is within an old building that has a round turret like building at the far end - which is where my room was - with good views over the far garden and over the valley below. All clean and tidy, in good condition with ensuites.

There is a bus stop not far from the convent to transport to and from the bus station in Jerusalem or like me take a taxi if its late at night - takes about 15-20mins at night.

Breakfast was a satisfying choice of toast and jams, cereals and yoghurts and dried fruit and juices, tea and coffee.

A great place to come and wind down or as a sanctuary from a busy day in the city.

• Related to: Road Trip, Photography, Women's Travel
  • Written July 31, 2012
Tip Photo

an oasis on the outskirts of the city

• MalenaN profile photo MalenaN
  • Reviews: 5066

Petra Hostel, Jerusalem

Petra Hostel is situated in an old house with big rooms just inside Jaffa Gate. As the house is old it is run down, but sheets and bathroom are clean. Unfortunately eating and smoking guests are not always keeping tables, sofas and kitchen clean.
I stayed in a dorm for 35 shekels. In the room there were four bunk beds (8 people) and a bathroom to share. And the room had a balcony to the square, which was nice. In the reception area there is a TV where you can watch the news or see a movie. There is also a small kitchen and one computer. To use the computer one hour is 10 shekels (15 minutes is 3 shekels).
From the roof you can see the Dome of the Rock.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written August 14, 2005

Petra Hostel, Jerusalem

• MalenaN profile photo MalenaN
  • Reviews: 5066

Port Inn, Haifa

Having a six-year-old guidebook I looked in somebody’s Lonely Planet Middle East and thought Port Inn sounded like a nice place with good location, downtown and near the train station. I only wrote down the street’s name (not the number) and having a not so good map I got of at the sherut at the wrong place and had to walk far. Jaffa Road is very long and it was Sabbath and not many people around to ask. After almost an hour I found the hostel, which I had passed already without seeing it (there is no big sign outside, but the name is written above the door).
Port Inn is a nice and clean hostel run by a family. I stayed in a dorm with 7 beds, air-condition (which I don’t like) and a bathroom.
There is a kitchen to use and there you can also make yourself tea or coffee. The dorm is 55 shekels (12 dollars) without breakfast and 75 shekels (16 dollars) with breakfast. I had breakfast, which was a very good one. To use Internet is 15 shekels for one hour, and a load laundry cost 40 shekels.

• Related to: Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written August 17, 2005

Jaffa Road, Haifa

Jerusalem Tower: Close to the Old City and Mamilla

The Jerusalem Tower Hotel is located in the center of town, within easy walking distance to the major historical and holy sites of the city.
120 well furnished rooms have private bath, air conditioning and color television. Each bedroom has cable television, including CNN, German, French and Russian Channels and the Movie Channel. Each room has a bathroom with hair dryer, private safe for a daily charge.

• Written July 18, 2010

Shalom Hotel: Mediterranean coast

Shalom Hotel is located in Tel Aviv, facing the Mediterranean Sea and overlooking a garden and beautiful landscape. The hotel is within walking distance from business centers, shopping and entertainment and just a few steps away from the beach.

The guiding line at Shalom Hotel is also expressed here in being within easy access of numerous entertainment options, as well as sports and recreation, while keeping a meticulous standard of service and hospitality.
Some 50 rooms await you at the Shalom Hotel. They are fitted with cable color-TV, a refrigerator, radio, central air-conditioning, heating and 3 telephones as well as a connecting socket for a computer, fax or modem, fast Internet connection - ADSL.

You can watch my 1 min 03 sec HD Video Tel Aviv Shalom Hotel out of my Youtube channel.

• Written July 19, 2010

Vista Hotel: Red Sea - Eilat (Aqaba) Gulf

Located Eilat's North Shore Hotel District, the Vista is an excellent venue for a Red Sea Holiday. In the west is a charming "vista" of Eilat framed by its milti-colorful mountains and in the east and south lovely views of the Edom Mountains of Jordan and the Gulf of Aqaba.
The hotel is inexpensive, represents excellent value, and is a comfortable base for enjoying all that Eilat's Red Sea Riviera has to offer.

7 Guest Suites, 84 Guest Rooms, Swimming Pool with waterside BarBQ's, Restaurant Dining, Bar with Lobby Lounge, Game Room, Laundry Service

You can watch my 4 min 16 sec HD Video Eilat Vista Hotel out of my Youtube channel.

• Written July 19, 2010

Vista Hotel

• Paul2001 profile photo Paul2001
  • Reviews: 1797

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

The Top Hotel in Tel Aviv: Decent Mid Priced Hotel in a Great Location

I picked this hotel because I wanted a reasonably priced hotel in Tel Aviv that had a decent location. The Top Hotel fitted this description perfectly when I was researching for a hotel reservation before I left for Israel. Quite often I do not book my rooms in advance because I know if a hotel is not busy I can get a discount. The Top Hotel was actually more expensive than what I was budgeting for, however when traveling to Israel, I knew that my flight would not arrive until very late in the evening, therefore a reservation would be advisable. Therefore I booked ahead. When I got there I was quite pleased. The hotel was quite clean and it was just a block from the waterfront and a couple blocks from Tel Aviv's main shopping districts. Considering how expensive all the other hotels where in this district, I lucked out.

The Hotel itself is actually rather characterless. Something like a Comfort Inn in the USA. Clean, comfortable but souless. However the location was great with lots of good restaurants, bars and shopping nearby.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average