4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

More about Dan Boutique Jerusalem

Loved the Service at the Dan Boutique ~ Jerusalem

by TripAdvisor Member bprincessema

Aloha and well wishes.

I along with nine others, from Hawaii, stayed from November 15th-21st, at the Dan Boutique in Jerusalem. We were thrilled with the service. You have an amazing team of people working for you. Everyday our rooms were made up to perfection and the workers treated us so kind....even the employee (man) at the bar did a great job when we wanted a something to drink or needed directions somewhere.

I especially want to recognize and thank Mr. Yousef Alayan and his crew in the dinning room......I only wish I had written down all of their names. In all of the years I've stayed in hotels throughout the United States and abroad I have never been treated with so much kindness and good service as these people provided our group. All of them.....you could say had the Aloha spirit that we are accustomed to.

These folks were always polite, very helpful, and knowledgeable. In fact, one evening at about 8:00 pm I went down to the dinning room to ask for some hot water and tea because one of our group members was quite ill. The young man I asked did everything he could to help me out. He seemed a bit shy when I thanked him, but I sincerely wanted him to know how much I appreciated his service especially since we were in a foreign country so far from home.

In addition, we enjoyed that the hotel was only a 15 minute walk to the Old City and a few minutes away from Bell Park and several restaurants.

Thank you again and please let your workers know how much we all appreciated them! I will recommend this hotel, in the future, to anyone I know traveling to Jerusalem.

Great Location, Great Service, Great Value!!

by TripAdvisor Member cardamompod

We were very happy with the standard of service we received at the Dan Boutique in September/October 2008. The hotel (former Ariel) has recently been refurbished by Dan in a modern and contemporary style. The rooms are comfortable, spacious and well-appointed. We found the staff to be extremely helpful and friendly.

There have been several complaints on this site about the Dan Boutique. It's not a "boutique" hotel in the sense that we would understand a hotel to be in the USA or in Europe. It is part of the Dan chain, albeit a smaller hotel than many of their other ones, and does feel like another Dan hotel. The views of the Old City are not the best to be had in Jerusalem. But for that you need to go to the King David, Inbal or David Citadel and pay considerably more money. What you do get is a hotel with a view of Jerusalem in excellent proximity to the Old City as well as to other interesting areas, such as the German Colony and Baka.

We are very frequent visitors to Jersualem and have stayed in many hotels in the city. We have not found a better hotel in a better location at a cheaper price. We have already booked into the Dan Boutique for our next visit to Jerusalem.

Good Value

by TripAdvisor Member Boyscot

The Dan Boutique is billed as a boutique hotel suitable for couples. However there were large tour parties when we were there, and they tended to dominate the hotel. The location is excellent with walking distance of the old city, Emek Refaim, and the main west Jerusalem streets and attractions.

The hotel was generally of a good standard, but the rooms are variable as to size and decor. The first room we got was very large ,but there was no mirror or chair. The second room was smaller with a large settee, and two mirrors - we settled.

Breakfast is the usual huge Israeli affair, but there was a distinct lack of fresh fruit.

Overall it was reasonable value for Jerusalem, but I preferred the Dan Panorama.

Great Value Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member mmarco18

The Dan Boutique is recently renovated. The rooms were slighly smaller than the pricier hotels but were very comfortable. The staff was friendly & courteous & very helpful. The breakfast buffet had a huge, well prepared, selection of hot & cold dishes. Upon request omelletes & other egg dishes were prepared to order. The hotel is within walking distance of the Old City & the Western Wall. It is also within walking distance of some of the fancier hotels. Although this hotel doen't have some of the amenities of the deluxe hotels, it is a great value if your purpose is touring & sightseeing.

Very impressed with Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Rath123

We had our honeymoon in Isreal and spend four days in Jerusalem. We arrived around 7am on our first morning at the hotel as we had taken a night flight from Prague.

The receptionist was very helpful but said that our room won`t be available till 12. He told us about the sun deck on the 5th floor and also suggested that we could go explore the old city which was very close to the hotel.

As both my wife and I were very tired, we decided to first have breakfast in the hotel and then wait for the room. The head waiter Joseph came over to introdue himself and could see how tired we were and asked had we got our room. We explained the situation and he decided to go chack with reception about getting us cheacked in early.

We had some berakfast and Joseph came back to inform us that our room was changed and we could check in as soon as we finished breakfast.

We were extremely grateful to get the room. We had a rest and then went to see the beautiful Old City. It was great start to our honeymoon.

All the staff in the hotel were extremely friendly and helpful but we have to give special praise to the Head Waiter Joseph.

The hotel is a very good standard with decent rooms and very good breakfasts. We will stay again the next time we return to Jerusalem.

Clean modern rooms but thats about it!

by TripAdvisor Member London_traveller53

Have just returned from a trip to Israel and spent our last 3 days here on the reccomendation of our London based travel agent. We were expecting something a little more upmarket and whilst the decor is modern and the rooms clean and well furnished the place has far more of the feel of a Novotel than a 'boutique' style hotel.

The entrance and downstairs are attractive but the quality and standards of the hotel staff was amateurish, the air conditioning and plumbing in the room noisy, the bathroom one of the most cramped we have ever had and the breakfast, by Israeli standards, really ordinary.

I wont argue that the hotel was cheap unless this is a major issue I would advise loking for an alternative. We had stayed at the Dan Acadia earlier on our trip and you would never know that this hotel was owned and operated by the same organisation.

Nice hotel, bit out of the way though

by TripAdvisor Member LondonTravelbug

Booked the hotel through recommendation, and my only complaint was that it was a bit out of the way. Its a good 20 min walk downhill and uphill to the old town, and you need to get a cab to the new town for Ben Yehuda street etc for a bit of nightlife and atmosphere (i don't mean nightclubs!). You can walk to the German Colony for nice restaurants, and it's also a 20 minute walk.

The hotel itself was clean and modern, the staff were helpful when required (our beds were twin when we arrived but they quickly changed the matress and sheets to make it a double) and I particularly liked having an opening window in the bathroom (ours wasn't cramped) with a lovely view over the old citiy. The breakfast was quite basic for israeli standards, but all the basics were there, and it was impossible to get a cup of tea (and there are no tea/coffe making facilities in the rooms). The bar area was nice, with glasses kept in the freezer for the beers.

I have no reason not to stay at the hotel again, but would prefer somewhere closer to the new town for ease of going out at night and saving on the cab fares. They weren't expensive themselves but I got so fed up haggling over the price and whether the meter would be on etc. The fare on the meter was about 18 NIS from the hotel to Ben Yehuda street before 10pm, and about 35NIS after, so bear that in mind when fixing your cab price. We would take the meter price on the way in and fix the price for 25-30NIS on the way back, as for some reason there seemed to be a lot more traffic later at night.

Great Hotel! Great Bargain!

by TripAdvisor Member DarleMurfreesboro

Our family booked this hotel for our Sept. 08 trip. We found it a great hotel, great service and a great bargain for Jerusalem. Give them another star please. They deserve it. We have stayed in the Mt. Zion, Lev Jerusalem, and Pearl before. This was a very comfortable hotel. The breakfast was great. I had read the reviews and was a little concerned but to my surprise, it was much nicer that the other hotels we stayed in previously. (I was looking for another place upon arrival at the Lev). The deck has a gorgeous view of the old and new cities, and even though the modern decor is not my taste, it was very interesting and well done. All the Dan Hotels are good. I would only book Dans in Israel in the futue. They were all great!

P.S. This is the first review I have ever written, but felt I needed to add my comment since I used trip advisor for my trip.

Fantastic value

by TripAdvisor Member g_do

When I walked in, I was so happy to see the beautifully designed front desk, and even happier to see my beautifully designed room. It was clean, comfortable and high style - an amazing value for the price.

Earlier in my trip, I had stayed at the Dan Panorama (also very nice), where a room was approx double the cost. I think the price difference is driven by the services offered, i.e. it doesn't really have a proper restaurant, there's no room service, etc. It's still a beautiful hotel.

The location is okay - it's a bit of an uphill hike to the old city, but definitely walkable. It's close to the old Turkish railway station, which I hear is an up and coming trendy area (though I didn't get to walk around the neighborhood).

Good, though no the best overall

by TripAdvisor Member Kimba_UK

The room was good and the bathroom larger than expected and the location ideal (the location is the reason that I would likely stay there again). The service was not the friendliest, however, and the charges for the internet were astronomical, especially compared to the free internet I got in Tel Aviv! The double bed was two twins put together, so i would not want to stay there for romance necessarily. Also, in the first room, the painting was really horrible - it was a little girl with huge staring eyes (I wanted to cover it up). I had to leave and come back a few days later, and the artwork in the second room was much better. Still it was clean and quiet and much bigger than most UK rooms.

The breakfast was okay, heavy on cheese, and the food in the buffets was not labelled so I could not tell what was vegetarian and what was not (aside from the obvious fish).

The view for singles was apparently limited to the parking lot -- a pity as there were absolutely lovely views all around!

Approaching  the Cave.Approaching the Cave.

Stained Glass, St Catherine's Church, BethlehemStained Glass, St Catherine's Church, Bethlehem

Dome of the Rock - Gold DomeDome of the Rock - Gold Dome

Stone of Unction - Church of the Holy SepulchreStone of Unction - Church of the Holy Sepulchre

restaurant advice in Jerusalem

by doyoucount

Have booked a stay at the Dan Boutique in Jerusalem. Any suggestions for places to eat, near the hotel (with good food)?

by gilabrand

The hotel is located a few minutes' walk from the German Colony. The main street of this neighborhood, Emek Refa'im, is lined with small shops and trendy restaurants.

by gilabrand

Another idea: Almost directly across the street from the hotel, to your left, are some steps leading down to what appears to be a giant deserted parking lot. On the edge of it are several bars and restaurants.

by doyoucount

Thanks for the advice! Are there any in particular that you would recommend? Any places that you would rec. that are open on holidays/shabbat?

by Foodbridge

Mahneyooda has a fun, lively atmosphere and tasty food
Azzura within the market also has great homestyle food

by Arianeb

there is a great restaurant called Colony in the area of the old train station, very close to the Dan Boutique.
It has great food, and later during the evening it turns into a more bar-like place. Great place and open on Shabbat

Comments