7 King David Street, Jerusalem, 94101, Israel

Travelocity Booking.com Orbitz.com

Costs 61% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• A clean friendly place to stay in J-town!

Twas my first visit to Jerusalem and I selected this hostel to stay at because of the write-up in my Lonely Planet guide. As always, they were dead on! Very nice and helpful staff. Multi-lingual, so no worries with the language. Willing to spend time answering your questions about the area and giving you helpful suggestions on where to go. The other hostelers were friendly and courteous as well. I've stayed in some 'hostel dumps, but this was definitely a star in my book!

Unique Quality: The bathroom near my room (number 15) was Great! Hot water, clean. Much needed for me after a day of hiking around the city. The free internet was incredible. Very quick too! If you have your own computer, even better, as it's free wifi! Most important is the very nice staff though. A realy homey feeling to the place...

Directions: I don't know the area so can't say.

• shalomcharlie's Profile Photo

Excellent place to Stay in Jerusalem

I had an incredible room facing the old city wall. The room was spacious, fresh fruit and flowers. Their Israeli breakfast is out of this world!
    The staff is very friendly and accommodating!

Unique Quality: Great pool and exercise facilities!

Directions: Perfect location you can walk everywhere!

• Not a bad place to stay

The hotel in general was very nice. The service staff were all very friendly. The only problem was that my room door would always beep when I entered or when I left. I don't know exactly what that means but nobody elses doors did that. The hotel was pretty expensive from what I remember but I can't exactly recall the price. The food in the hotel was pretty good too. On Wednesday they had a barbecue night where there was all kinds of meats cooked.

Unique Quality: The pool was pretty nice, though filled with, usually old fat guys.

Directions: Near the Old City and some bars are within walking (stumbling) distance.

More about David Citadel Hotel

David Citadel...Great Stay!

by TripAdvisor Member rottyg

We have just returned from a week at the David Citadel. The hotel is great and we made a lovely visit to Jerusalem...even better!. A great plus is the location...very close to the old city ...just a 5-10 minute safe walk. It was nice to get back to the peace and tranquility of the hotel.
We stayed in an Alcove Deluxe room 943. Excellent view!!. See pictures. We had stayed at the King David before but we probably would chose the David Citadel next time.
Restaurants are great. Breakfast are to die for with a great view to the old city!!

Worst service I've ever experienced in a hotel bar none

by TripAdvisor Member jojatk

The David Citadel is a beautiful hotel with very comfortable rooms but the staff at the hotel rarely, if ever, smile. With very few exceptions the customer service staff (restaurant servers, front desk staff, concierge, etc...) never seem to take pride in their work. I would never, ever go back to the hotel as I value a positive interaction with the staff of a hotel rather than just the location or physical beauty of the building.

For example, when sitting in the lounge on the 4th floor having some tea and a late lunch the food I had ordered came out incorrect. I asked the server politely (I believe in being polite in treatment of customer service people and treating them as I want to be treated) to please return it and bring one out without the particular sauces on it that I had asked be on the side. The manager was quite gruff when he brought out the new dish and was somewhat rude to me when I noted that the second dish was exactly the same as the first (the sauces were still on the food instead of on the side).

Also of note is that the food in the main restaurants, while good, is overpriced for the quality.

I should also mention that one of the bellmen/concierge staff named Nir was very pleasant and helpful.

Waited all year ..disappointed :-(

by TripAdvisor Member halsherm3

Last year we stayed at the King Solomon Hotel and we saved up this year to stay at the David Citadel. The location is wonderful. However, the service was so lacking that next time we would stay further away and take a taxi to the Kotel. The rooms were beautiful. We had two rooms but my daughter's room did not have a shower. It seemed to be modified to be handicapped accessible. When we tried to change rooms, they were not helpful. So , we all had to use the shower in one room. And that shower leaked. The service at the buffet breakfast was terrible. They asked us to move tables several times to accomodate others. It was the strangest experience for a luxury hotel. My daughter laughed and stated that the kindest person was the young man who delivered towels and chocolate to our rooms in the afternoon. So our advice, save some money and stay in one of the newer hotels further from the old city. There are many taxis at the Kotel.
The pool was beautiful but the locker room horible and sauna dirty.
We were so disappointed.

Disappointing

by TripAdvisor Member worldtraveler78NY

My husband and I recently got married at the hotel and we were very disappointed with our stay.

The bathrooms were the only luxurious part of the rooms, with a separate bath and shower. The beds were uncomfortable and the sheets were rough and made of synthetic fiber, a remarkably third-rate touch for a hotel that is supposed to be 5 star. The decor of the rooms is bland, the upholstered furniture looks tired and could definitely use a freshening-up.

The service was quite bad; we had to make multiple requests for extra chairs for our room. On the day we left for our honeymoon, we made repeated requests of the concierge to give us directions to the hotel we were staying in for our honeymoon. The concierge never bothered to look up the directions; rather, he simply gave us wrong directions to a location which was over an hour's drive from our destination. We ended up going hours out of our way because the concierge was too lazy to properly guide us.

There were a few positives. Breakfast was quite tasty, the hotel was quite clean, the location excellent and the pool/terrace area is truly lovely.

I should say that our stay wasn't awful, just extremely disappointing. The David Citadel doesn't not earn it's five stars.

Very good in Jerusalem

by TripAdvisor Member blsandler

I just came back form Israel where I shared a room at the David Citadel with a friend. Overall, I was very happy with my stay. The room was very simple and plain, and the view of the Old City was incredible. The room was a bit cramped for two people, but it was remarkably clean and light in color. The bathroom was the nicest part of our room: it had a separate tub and shower, shower door (unlike all our other hotels rooms in Israel), and nice Ahava amenities. The service at the hotel was fair. While the room was kept clean and we always had ample towels, the hotel key frequently didn't work (I had to go back down to the front desk about 10 different times to get a new key), the concierge was not helpful with restaurant suggestions, and the people at the front desk were very slow. The gym is well-appointed and overlooks the beautiful pool (my only complaint was that it didn't open until 9:00am on Saturday and Sunday). Lastly, the hotel does not have a sundries shop - it is annoying that things like sunscreen, water and beauty products need to be bought at stores on the street. Having said all of that, I would stay at the hotel again. I think it is the nicest in Jerusalem (much more updated than the King David) and the location can't be beat.

David's CitadelDavid's Citadel

Gate of Tower of David CitadelGate of Tower of David Citadel

David's Citadel from the roadDavid's Citadel from the road

david citadel hotel

by 1patricia

hi everyone. United tours (the bus company) has several
out of the area tours that i want to take
next summer--nazareth, dead sea, etc. they meet
to pick up people in jerusalem at the david citadel hotel.
they emailed me that this was about a 5 minute walk from
Jaffa Gate.
Does anyone else have info re: this. Does that sound about right.
When I walk to Jaffa gate, which direction do I go--i get lost easy.
thnks

RE: david citadel hotel

by Arianeb

Hi
I can give you exact directions, but I don't know where you will be coming from.
Are you staying in the Old City?
Tell me where you will be staying and I will give you exact diresctions. I live in Jerusalem-know it well

RE: david citadel hotel

by g.l.s.h

Its about the easyst direction could be given on-line with no map or photo:

If youll stand in the gate (the part where the road enters, not the arched gate used for pedestrians) and look towards the city (with your back to the old city market) you will see the staired stone building of the David Citadel hotel quite infront of you - it would be on the same line, but more to the right of the massive old building of the King David hotel. You should walk straight west (you actually walk south (left) for a minute down the road and then turn right and cross the main road which ends up as west) through the valley with a large parking complex to your right and the large park on your left. The building would be on the left side of the street anfter about 300-400m walk. The guest entrance is around the corner.

In certain older maps the hotel is still caled "Hilton". The walk should take about 7-10 minutes of easy walk.

RE: RE: david citadel hotel

by 1patricia

hello.
i'll be staying at the tabasco hostel, but i'll walk to Jaffa Gate.
thnks