6 Yoel Moshe Salomon, Jerusalem, 94633, Israel

Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Rated 10% higher but also costs 21% more than other 4 star hotels

• leffe3's Profile Photo

Funky

Set right in the middle of Nahalat Shiva and the (almost) pedestrianised area of Zion Square, Harmony is perfect for a Jerusalem experience of where young Jerusalemites spend their time.

In fitting with its location, the Harmony is a funky 'tourist' hotel - 3 stars - but which achieves to be more. A modern block built above a ground floor shopping mall (although there's only about 6 shops in the mall itself), the hotel has about 60 rooms over 5 or 6 floors.

Public areas are funky (see photos) and the breakfast buffet excellent. The hotel also has a 'business-lounge' type event between 5-7pm Sunday-Thursday - free coffee, snacks, wine etc in the 'library'. Nice touch.

Rooms are small - be warned. Little space for suitcases (we ended up keeping one suitcase under the sink in the bathroom) but all mod cons - including large wall-mounted plasma screen, free Wi-Fi - etc and whilst they are small, rooms are comfortable.

Ironing room on 3rd floor.

Unique Quality: Stylish music played throughout the public areas (no muzzak!) and video art on all floors.

And location is magnificent - directly opposite Zina, 24 hour restaurant/bar.

(One downside is that as a result of the pedestrian area and the digging up of Jaffa Rd for the light railway, access for taxis is limited and therefore you usually have to walk with your cases to a main point 100 metres or so away).

Directions: In the heart of Nahalat Shiva

More about Harmony

Perfect Place to stay in Jerusalem!

by TripAdvisor Member mgoes

Though no one knows where it is (they probably soon will), the Harmony Hotel is a great place to stay in Jerusalem. The room was very comfortable with good bedding, a flat screen TV, window that open and a small refrigerator.

The Israeli breakfast buffet was excellent, as were the wine and sandwiches in the late afternoon. The dining area set-up made chatting and exchanging info with other guests easy. Near the front desk there was a computer available for use by guests and a bookcase with travel guides.

The staff was very helpful and friendly. The room was clean and well-supplied. The decor was very stylish and fun.

We were also really happy with the location of the hotel. There are many shops and cafes nearby. Zion Square and Ben Yehuda St. are just steps away. The Jaffa Gate of the Old City and other sites are also within a reasonable walk...which as another reviewer said, is very important in Jerusalem. We stayed 4 nights in July and had no complaints at all.

Harmony Hotel - Keep on Keeping On !!

by TripAdvisor Member cbourl

Great hotel - quiet but in the midle of it all 5-10 minutes leisurely walk to the old city walls - rooms are amply sized well outfitted with fine linen, nice woolen carpets, well sized bathrooms - nice breakfast great staff who are freindly and accomodating - a boutique hotel which excels in service - we stayed just after the opening and there was a complimentary happy hour(or 2!!!) - wines and we even were offered a bottle of nice 80proof arak 9the israeli version or raki/ouzo) - walking distance of lively cafes and restaurants great for people watching - cant wait to ge tback to israel, to jerusalem, and to stay at the Harmony

Highly recommended!

by TripAdvisor Member talizem

We loved the Harmony Hotel! It is very centrally located -- walking distance to practically everying, and very convenient. It is brand new, and the beds are very comfortable.

The front desk staff were very warm and helpful, even calling cabs for us and giving us advice about places to visit and to eat. If you need anything, Lilach at the front desk is there for you; she is great! The hotel provides a full breakfast, which was delicious, in a bright, clean, and comfortable room; and there are even complimentary snacks and wine in the evening.

It was a great choice for us, and we can't wait to go back. We were 2 adults and 2 teens, and we needed 2 rooms, as the hotel does not have rooms that accommodate 4 people.

great hotel, with some kinks to work out

by TripAdvisor Member rgphd

My husband and I stayed at the Harmony for 2 days in the beginning of September. This hotel has the potential to be a great hotel- amazing location, nicely decorated comfortable rooms, helpful staff. This is a new property, and understandably, there are some issues that they have to work out- our room lost power during both nights of our stay and our air conditioning was not working properly. They responded promptly to our issues. Israeli hotels in general are not known for their attention to customer satisfaction, but the harmony is doing their best to dispell this notion- the management did their best to make our stay comfortable and pleasant. You can't beat the location right in the heart of the city, and when in Jerusalem, you really aren't staying in your room more than to sleep. If you are looking for a big hotel with a lot of rooms and amenities, then go somewhere else like The King David or The David Citadel. If like me, you prefer a small, boutique experience, then this is the place for you. I really believe that this is going to be one of the best places to stay in Jerusalem.

Treasure found in Jerusalem

by TripAdvisor Member mschwerd

Getting what you want at a Jerusalem hotel can often be a pain at any price. No so at Jerusalem's new treasure, HARMONY.
Situated smack in the center of town, you can walk to everything.
Yoel Solomon street is the pulse of Jerusalem nightlife.
The old city gates are a few blocks away.
The staff are easy going and accomdating.
The rooms are spacious and decorated in high fashion and function. Every detail has been carefully thought out with the guest in mind. Little extras such as tatsefull music playing by the elevator doors makes the stay extremely civilized Oh yea, The wifi works everywhere and it's free.
Don'y miss this hotel when staying in Jerusalem

Not impressed at all with this trendy wannabe

by TripAdvisor Member air11712

I spent five nights at this "W" Hotel wannabe in early September. Overall, I disliked my experience and would not stay here again.

The hotel is a couple of minutes from Zion Square/ Ben Yehuda area, so you will have easy access to Jerusalem nightlife. The rooms had nice TVs and tried to impart a trendy New York vibe, but to me it seemed to fall flat. Filled with middle-aged couples (during my stay) and designed with the mindset that screamed "look at me, I'm so hip", the hotel (and my experince of being there) was a textbook example of cognitive dissonance.

The breakfast wasn't the best, especially in light of the breakfast offered at other Jerusalem hotels in this price range. (I am a frequent visitor to Jerusalem and I've stayed in quite a few hotels in town). The much ballyhooed wireless internet was uneven at best.

What I most disliked about this hotel, other than its pretensions of hipness, was the rudeness and incompetence of its staff. Now as a frequent visitor to Israel, I'm keenly aware of the difference between American and Israeli baselines of acceptable behavior. (I'm from NYC by the way). That said, my experience with the staff of this hotel was quite an unpleasant surprise. First, they could not get the wakeup calls right for several days in the row. Even on my last day, I almost missed my flight because they put the wrong time down (although the phone did ring that time). Needless to say, they were completely unapologetic.

I was particularly incensed by an episode on the fourth day of my stay when two friends of mine from Jerusalem came to visit me at the hotel. I'm a modern orthodox Jew and my visitors are of traditional orthodox variety. It would not be an exaggeration to say that, as we were sitting in the common area of the hotel (which is designated for hanging out), we were harassed repeatedly by the hotel staff. The hotel offers a happy hour between 5 and 7 for hotel guests and my guests came at about 4:45. Every couple of minutes, hotel staffers came up to question us on what room we were staying at and told us it was a problem for people who aren't staying at the hotel to be present at happy hour(not that my friends were at all interested in eating or drinking at the hotel, for obvious reasons), and generally made us feel that we should leave, as soon as possible (which we promptly did). In short, I was humiliated in front of my guests.

I know that secular Israelis have "issues" with their religious counterparts. But there is simply no excuse for that kind of behavior in Israel, especially in Jerusalem, especially at a hotel that so transparently begs for Western customers to whom such treatment is an outrage.

Liked this hotel a lot

by TripAdvisor Member lgood

I just spent 4 nights at the Harmony and thoroughly enjoyed it. As noted by many, its location is ideal. It's in the center of everything and a 10-15 minute walk to the Old City. It's on a pedestrian mall with a variety of shops, restaurants and clubs. ONe of my favorite Jerusalem restaurants, Tmol Shilshom is virtually accross the street. Zuni, a restaurat open 24/7 is right accross the street.

It reminded us of a Kimpton hotel in the US, for those familiar with that chain -- trendy, comfortable, a little quirky, and not quite as upscale and definitely not as corporate as a W. THe rooms are small, but well furnished, and include flat screen TVs, small refrigerators, and a desk. The decor is on onthe retro/contremporary side, and we thought it was cool There's free wifi in the rooms, something that's far from universal in Israel.

The breakfast spread's not as extensive as some Israeli hotels, but it covers all the bases and the food is excellent. The space, also used for happy hours each afternoon, is very pleasant. and well supplied with newspapers, magazines and books. Happy hours provide wine, juices and various snacks.

The staff was consistently attentive and very helpful. We arived early and were allowed early check in. When they arranged a taxi to the airport for 8AM instead of 8 PM, they were appropriately apologetic. (Still, I'm thankful the error wan't made in reverse.) My wake up call experience was different from the previous poster's -- the calls came reliably as requested. We used the laundry service, which, although outrageously hotel pricey, worked out well for us.

They're definitely still smoothing things out. THe happy hour was staffed by one guy who disappeared frequently, so no one replentished the food and drink, They also only put out 2 bottles of wine at a time (1 red, 1 white), no matter how busy they were, resulting in periods where the bottles were empty. Once, on a very busy afternoon, the crowd swarmed the poor employee when he finally got around to repacing the empty wine bottles. We found it amusing that when the wake up calls came, the recorded message said "wake up call not yet recorded." You'd think they'd found the time by now.

One warning: on Thursday night the area was teeming with young people out on the town, partying until the wee hours. Most of the time, the soundproofing was good, and silence prevailed. However, whenn a reveler got carried away and screamed, it was clearly audible in the room. These outbursts were infrequent, but they occurred.

Iif you stay at the Harmony, make sure you have the address. None of our taxi drivers had heard of it. Also, there is a place to pull up to the hotel behind it, but it's a bit hard to find. Your taxi can drop you off or pick you up at the foot of the street,, about a half block away.

On the whole,the Harmony was a breath of fresh air, and I'll likely return on my next visit to Jerusalem.

Great Grand Opening Rate

by TripAdvisor Member ejcooper0

We were three couples who stayed at the Harmony for three nights at the beginning of September. The introductory rate of $140.00 which included breakfast was certainly attractive. I understand that this rate will increase, and so I am writing the review with this in mind.
The location of the hotel was great, about 10-15 minutes walk to the Jaffa Gate, around the corner from Ben Yehudah, and on a cute pedestrian mall. Many reasonable priced restaurants in the area.
One of my problems was that our windows were not soundproof so the noise from many people out partying through the night, wasn't a bonus. Our bedroom was compact and had a cupboard for hanging clothes and some shelves, but no dresser or drawers. The room is airconditioned, has a safe for valuables, a small fridge, flatscreen TV, and free wireless internet. Our bed was a double, but our friends were able to get a room with a kingsized bed.
Parking is available in the building, but our van was too big to park, so we used the lot around the corner. The hotel was getting organized, so I am sure the "kinks" will be worked out.
The staff were open to suggestions and seem eager to please.
I felt the bathroom would be more functional with the eliminatioin of the minescule bar of soap, miniature garbage can, personal kleenex package, small thin towels, in favor of regular sized amenities.
The breakfast room is very pleasant and had an adequate and tasty buffet selection. We also enjoyed coming back to the hotel in the afternoon where they had a little refreshment, e.g. fruit, crackers, cookies, coffee, wine, etc. set out for the guests. It was fun socializing.

OK for 1 night

by TripAdvisor Member nosher

Most previous reviews tell the story. Harmony is in a lively part of town, well situated for restaurants and - importantly - it is new. The staff were friendly and it was spotlessly clean. However, this is not a boutique hotel but an overnight 'Travel Inn' style place with miniscule rooms that made us feel claustrophobic. The 'double bed' was tiny and there was virtually no closet space. Everything about the place shouted 'motel' rather than 'hotel.

The lounge/breakfast area told pretty much the same story. We were booked for 4 nights but after 2 we'd had enough and decamped to a hotel with more facilities.

Yes it's great if you're passing through, or just want a base that's clean, central and somewhere to flop down at night but if you are looking for somewhere to unwind this is not it.

Jerulsalem-- Is the Nahalat Shiva safe area for tourists

by richphyl

Do you know anything about the Hotel Harmony, or can you name a few hotels that would be nice to stay at while in a good location to walk to the sites in Jerulsalem. ( less than 2 Kilemeters from the attractions. Also can one visit
Bethlehem?

by gilabrand

Nahalat Shiva is in the center of town. It consists of couple of winding lanes with restaurants, pubs and little shops. I never heard of Hotel Harmony. Jerusalem is quite small so many attractions are within walking distance or a short taxi ride away. I don't think there is any problem visiting Bethelehem if you have a foreign passport.

by rdglady

HOtel Harmony is a brand new hotel that just opened a few months ago. It has been getting good reviews. It has special introductory prices this year. A friend stopped in the other day to check it out. She reported neat clean rooms, flat screen TV, heavy duty windows to keep out the street noise. she also said they have a kum kum (hot water pot) in the room. She was told the prices will go "way up" next year. ( whatever that means) The sites in Jerusalem are all over. Harmoney is centrally located and a good choice. It is a no frills hotel. ( as in no pool, health club etc.) Like all Israeli hotels it includes breakfast.

Bethlehem can easily be visited by people with a non-Israeli passport. You can take an organized tour or go on your own using an Arab bus--which you find near the old City.

by unaS

Nahalat Shiva is absolutely safe and a good convenient area. No problems.

Re Bethlehem - If you decide to go on your own, I would suggest getting an Arab taxi outside of Damascus Gate rather than take an Arab bus.

Welcome and enjoy!

by rdglady

UnaS's reply is better than mine. A taxi is a better choice than the bus. Thanks Una for the "correction"

by unaS

That's what makes the world go round... :)

by JohnMcCabe

Why is a taxi better than the bus? Is it for safety reasons?

by unaS

Comfort and convenience. The taxi driver might even be willing to wait for you and take you back after your visit.

Comments