23 St George Street, Jerusalem, Israel

Booking.com Expedia.com Priceline.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• ViajesdelMundo's Profile Photo

WELL LOCATED

The hotel is close to the old city and many of Jerusalem's sights.

I was on a group tour and had a single room, which was very small, but I did see a couple other double rooms and whereas they were all adequate and the bedding comfortable, the bathrooms were quite small and the rooms and bath did not have as many amenities as our hotel in the countryside, in Tiberias.

WIFI is available in the room, but for a charge.

The reason I am saying I was "Somewhat UNSATISFIED" is due to an unusual situation. Our tour people use this hotel a lot, and the hotel let those of us who went on to Jordan for 2 nights, keep our rooms here at the Olive Tree, leaving any items we did not need with us in Jordan, until we returned, and be able to use our rooms again for a rest and wash up and repack, and have dinner there again, prior to departing for our midnight flight back to the USA! This seemed certainly very generous on the part of the hotel, as it consisted of about 20 (twenty) rooms. But when I returned to MY room, the few items I left in my bathroom were all missing, but all the items in my closet and dresser were still there. Upon inquiry at the Reception Desk I was treated very rudely and nearly ignored and a return call to me which was promised within a few minutes never materialized within 2 hours. Therefore, I enlisted the help of the President of the tour company, who happened to be with us, and he went with me again, to the desk and spoke to the Manager of the hotel, whome he of course knew. They promised to email me about it, as by then, we were departing for the airport. (It was Friday night/Sabbath, so difficult to contact the Manager of HouseKeeping.) After being home a week, and never hearing back from them, I contacted the tour company and when they spoke with the Manager at the hotel, were told that no items were found!!!

Since the items were relatively small, and since the hotel had made the rooms available to us for no charge (I believe), I dropped the matter; but obviously was not happy, and this should not have happened.

Otherwise, the food provided at the hotel restaurant and other facilities were all fine.

More about Olive Tree Hotel

The new Olive Tree Hotel in...

by Menorah

The new Olive Tree Hotel in Jerusalem.
http://www.royalplazaisrael.com/olive_next.html 3,000 year old Olive Tree inside the hotel

four stars?

by counsel14 about Olive Tree Hotel

Stayed at the Olive Tree Hotel in Jerusalem, Israel for five nights. It's beautiful hotel, very luxurious in the common areas. The food was served buffet style, but you could order from their menu if you wished something different. They cater to large group tours, but you'll also find a lot of business travelers there.
The rooms were large and well appointed. They have internet hookups in every room. All rooms are non-smoking, and even though I still indulge in a cigarette every now and then, it was nice to have fresh smelling rooms.
The baths are roomy and set up so that one can have a bath while another is using other facilities with no problem.
The personnel are simply wonderful. They seem to take great pride that their customers leave on a good note.

There are a couple of gift shops in the building and if they don't have an item you are looking for, they will get it for you from a competitor and absorb the price difference. I was absolutely stunned by that after dealing with people that were out to make a buck no matter what. Two blocks from the Old City of Jerusalem. In the American Quarter of the new city, and one block away from several embassies.

Commendable for its Service

by VeronicaG about Jerusalem Olive Tree Hotel

The Olive Tree Hotel website says "True to the ancient tradition of hospitality to pilgrims" and that says it all! This was a welcoming place that served its guests superbly.

My roomie and I had special converters in order to use our hairdryers (not necessary), charge our cameras and cellphones. However, at times we had a problem doing so.

A call to the front desk brought an expert fix-it man, who not only solved our dilemma but gave us extra converters we needed at no charge AND showed me how to change the wattage setting on my hair dryer with one turn of the screwdriver--now that was very appreciated! I only have good memories of The Olive Tree!

Amenities are:

room service
24 hr. service info.
daily newspaper on demand
laundry/dry cleaning
connecting rooms on each floor
ironing room on each floor
minibar in room when requested
internet connection from room upon request
facilibites for disabled guests
free parking for hotel guests
wireless surfing in for laptops (HotSpots)
'Hot Spots' in all the rooms on top three floors
medical services available upon request

It seemed our dining area changed each night, but we always had a courteous and efficient waiter. We could also fill our water bottles each night following dinner.

Off the lobby/outside entrance was a very nice gift shop carrying gorgeous jewelry and carved olive wood figures which were on sale when we visited--convenient for taking home some authentic crafts from Israel.

Jerusalem Olive Tree HotelJerusalem Olive Tree Hotel

"milk" bar in Olive Tree Hotel"milk" bar in Olive Tree Hotel

Which hotel?

by tissie

Hi I'm planning to visit Jerusalem this Spring and want a good priced hotel (not bothered about complimentary shower caps etc) near the Old City and the main sites - we'll be walking/using public transport. I have a possible shortlist of The Gloria Hotel, The Jerusalem Hotel (on Nablus Road, there are so many with similar names) and the Mount of Olives hotel. I would appreciate Vters opinions of these hotels please. Many thanks.

by angiebabe

Hi, have a roam around the travel pages for Jerusalem - ie the accommodation tips - of VTers Gilabrand, and Sharon who live in Jerusalem. and maybe even drop them an email. You will be able to find other tips there in the travel pages as well.

by NYTim

I stay at the Novotel Hotel. 10 minutes walk from the Old City and close eating joints in East jerusalem. Check my pages for reviews

by tissie

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I have looked at a lot of VT travel pages, all very helpful but I haven't decided yet!! Guess it'll be a shortlist and then a decision on location and price!

by counsel14

I always stay at the Olive Tree Hotel. it's two blocks from the Old city of Jerusalem off Nablus Road. One block from the American consulate. Mid range prices for a four star by US standards. food is great, service is great. it's a non-smoking hotel. Gift shops and restaurants right there.
Susan

by tissie

Thanks Susan, our flights are now booked so I'll look at the Olive Tree right now. Best wishes.

by counsel14

You are quite welcome. Have a wonderful time! Susan

by tissie

Thank you everybody. I've now booked at a hotel in Jerusalem - watch out for my new Jerusalem page in June to see how I get on!!

Comments