Tower

Satisfaction Poor

Costs 101% more and rated 13% lower than other 3 star hotels

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo

Close to the Old City

The Jerusalem Tower Hotel is located in the center of town, within easy walking distance to the major historical and holy sites of the city.
    120 well furnished rooms have private bath, air conditioning and color television. Each bedroom has cable television, including CNN, German, French and Russian Channels and the Movie Channel. Each room has a bathroom with hair dryer, private safe for a daily charge.
    From the higher floors the rooms have a view of the Old City.

Directions: You can watch my high resolution photo of Jerusalem on the Google Earth according to the following coordinates 31° 46' 48.73" N 35° 13' 5.94" E or on my Google Earth Panoramio Tower Hotel.

• jacobzoethout's Profile Photo

Old, but good location

In 2007, we stayed in the Jerusalem Tower hotel in Hillel Street. This big hotel is located fine next to West Jerusalems outgoing places and on short walking distance from the old town. The hotel itself is old but unlike some other old hotels it offers no charm and the rooms are not so clean. Next time, we prefer to stay in a hostel again. And strangely for a big hotel in the middle of West Jerrusalem: no security at all, or at least we didn't notice it. The breakfast buffet was good for dutch standards and ok for Israeli standards.
    The best thing here is location, and together with the attractive prices they offer, you might consider this place. For us, I think it was the last time.

Unique Quality: Location!

More about Tower

Close to the Old City and Mamilla

by Kuznetsov_Sergey about Jerusalem Tower

Tower of David Museum, Jerusalem

by jil_coleslaw

tower of david is an monument and a museum as well. i had been there in summer 2000 and there was a terrified exhibition "Dale Chihuly at the Tower of David - Chihuly in the light of Jerusalem 2000". this exhibition was great.
on the top of the tower, you can have a good and unlimited view of part of Jerusalem

Jerusalem around by bus

by Kuznetsov_Sergey

I came to Jerusalem and my hotel Jerusalem Tower in the evening. It is located 5 minutes walk from the Old city. That’s why I didn’t use any public transport there that evening and the next day. I was walking around Jerusalem alone and this way of trip is the best way in Jerusalem because the Old city is a quadrate with about 1 km of its side.
But in the third day of my stay in Jerusalem I bought an excursion with a guide in a group. They took me at my hotel in the morning and we went to the Gethsemane by bus.
The trip began on the Hilel street, Ben Sira Street then, Shlomo HaMelech, HaTsanhanim (along the Northern Wall of the Old City), Sultan Suleiman street, Derech Jericho (along the Eastern Wall of the Old City) - 2,5 km, driving time - 15 minutes.

You can watch my 5 min 36 sec HD Video Jerusalem out of a bus window part 1
and my 3 min 19 sec HD Video Jerusalem Out of a bus window part 2 out of my Youtube channel.

Hotel in Jerusalem

by JOYTOUR

I'll be in Jerusalem in mid-November and looking for a nice hotel.
The hotel should be in a walking distance to the OLD City. I really don't like B&B, prefer modern hotel but not overpriced. Please help me to find a good value hotel. What about Jerusalem Inn, Is it any good? Than you all

by rdglady

What do you consider a "good value" hotel. ie,. how much do you want to spend a night? The Jerusalem Inn ( which btw describes itself as a B&B) is a plain simple 2 star hotel located walking distance from teh Old City. Whether it fits your criteria is difficult to ascertain without knowing what your criteria are!

by counsel14

Joy: I used the Olive Tree Hotel in Jerusalem for each trip I've taken. It is three city blocks from the old city and one block from the US Embassy. it is a four star hotel, but is very reasonable on the price. A friend stayed at the Jerusalem Inn and wasn't happy with it at all. She said she could hear the neighbors in the next room through the walls, the service was spotty and the food horrid. Can only go by what she said as i didn't stay there myself.

by JOYTOUR

thank you for your response. I was in Jerusalem in 2005 and stayed at Crowne Plaza. The hotel was great but as far as I remember it was not close to the old city. This time I'll be travelling with my mother, she is 82 years old. I'm thinking of spending around $100.00 - $120 a night. Thanks for your help!

by nech56