Moriah Classic Hotel Dead Sea

Satisfaction Average

Costs 45% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Arad

At Muza - only a rest :) ...., Arad, ILAt Muza - only a rest :) ...., Arad, IL

Martin and Mariel jumping for Norman, Arad, IsraelMartin and Mariel jumping for Norman, Arad, Israel

Mariel at Sampson Pessach dinner, Arad, IsraelMariel at Sampson Pessach dinner, Arad, Israel

Patrick enjoying a beer at Sampson BBQ, AradPatrick enjoying a beer at Sampson BBQ, Arad

Cost of taking a taxi fromn Arad to the Dead Sea

by LynnDavidson

Does anyone know what the cost is of taking a taxi from Arad City Center to the Dead Sea? Also I do not have a working cell phone here in Israel so could I prearrange with the taxi driver to pick me up at the Dead Sea at a certain time to return to Arad?

Thank you for your help!

Lynn

by Oreet

A taxi from the Dead Sea will run you around $90 one way.

Yes you can arrange for a driver to pick you up at a pre-arranged time. Will you be staying at the Dead Sea for a few hours or overnight? There are taxis available at the Dead Sea hotels in Ein Bokek and it may be worth checking out that option for your return.

by unaS

Unless you require a taxi for some specific reason there are direct buses from Arad to the Dead Sea hotel area and public beach at Ein Bokek.

The trip by bus takes about 3/4 of an hour and costs NIS 24 only.
Two leave from the Central Bus Station in Arad and one from the Arad Junction.
Not all of them go into the Hotel area - some drop you off at the Ein Bokek branching.

The buses that go into the hotel area itself are
#385 Departs the CBS at 7.07
#384 Departs the CBS at 10.15 from platform 4
#384 Departs the CBS at 13.00 from platform 4
#384 Departs the CBS at 15.45

Note that these are estimated times depending on traffic conditions.

I used a Monday for this sample. To get the exact times for the day of the week that you want go to: www.egged.co.il/Eng
Click on Plan a Trip.

Have fun.

by FruitLover

90US$

maybe 90 shekels?

Travel Tips for Arad

As seen on the road...

by marielexoteria

I like taking buses, trams, trains, etc. above ground because I like looking outside the window and enjoy the scenery. Sometimes on the road I have a camera and take pictures of things I find comical, beautiful, thoughtful... like these shots:

1) Picture #1: I didn't understand what this sign meant. My first thought was "road to where?", but then Zohara explained to me that the "?" means "information". This picture was taken on the road between Ein Boqeq and Masada, while I was on the bus to Masada.

2) Picture #2: in many countries you see traffic signs warning about moose, reindeers, etc. but in Israel they warn about camels, like the ones on this picture. These camels were pictured on the road to the Big Makhtesh.

Faces of Friends - Giora

by Martin_S.

Meet Giora, no the look was not a reaction to my telling him I would use his picture on VT, but rather a "sour" pistachio nut ^O^
One of my oldest friends in Arad, we enjoy hiking, mountain bike riding and just about anything in the desert.

Faces of Friends - Titti and Tal

by Martin_S.

Meet Titti, Yosef and Ildico's daughter, she is always helping Tal, if she needs pointers on makeup or dressing or just about anything, even lending her clothes so Tal can look more grownup...And she always gets mad at me for taking her picture.

Faces of friends - Steve and Tanya

by Martin_S.

Meet Steve and Tanya. It is amazing to me how we became friends. A number of years ago their son Al came to Israel with his wife Cheryl, to the WUJS institute here in Arad. We "adopt" people from there each year to help them assimilate into society here. We adopted Al and Cheryl and became good friends, when Al's parents came to Israel to visit, Al introduced us as Mom and Dad to his parents ^O^. We became good friends with Steve and Tanya also. We have stayed at their home in the US and they have been here to us... several times already.

Faces of friends - Mariya

by Martin_S.

Mariya is Dimitry's 10 year old daughter. After she saw that I gave my beard to her father, she decided that I needed hair on my head also, so she gave me a wig. Till that time I did not know that Dimitry wore a wig, but I guess you can never tell, but it looks pretty good on me.

Comments