Yefe Nof

More about Arad

Monument, Arad, ILMonument, Arad, IL

Mariel and Zohara at Musa, Arad, IsraelMariel and Zohara at Musa, Arad, Israel

House in "Rishoniem", Arad, IsraelHouse in "Rishoniem", Arad, Israel

Loquat tree decorationLoquat tree decoration

Come to the Mountain Bike Race in Arad, Israel

Hi All and Shalom:
We are having a mountain bike race here in Arad, Israel on January 16th, 2004 (thats a Friday).
There are two race courses.
Elite and Expert race one course.
Sport is the second.
Anybody who would like to "drop by" and race or just do the "family" course is invited.
See you there I hope,

Re: Come to the Mountain Bike Race in Arad, Israel

by cachaseiro

i would love to come but i'm in spain at that time.

by Martin_S.

Okay, if you can't make this date, come at another time. If you would like to do the course, but not as a race, but just as a ride, that is fine also.
I have the whole area covered and since I have finished the design for this year, I am already working on the design for next years race.

by Beach_dog

Thats some revelation Annathrax... I´m afraid you just put me off racing with Martin, he is sure to be ahead of me and I could not peddle for laughing.

Happy New Year
Stace

by Carmela71

Stace after all the lamb you ahve eaten this Christmas you will not even be able to get on a bike!

Ops I guess I will be in trouble in a few minutes...... lol

have a great time!

by Beach_dog

If I was not so fat Carmen.. I would reach over and.... Oh better not say here...lol. We must not make a nonsence of Martins forum :0P

by Martin_S.

Dear Anna, Stace and Carmen, would you please get off my birthday suit, you guys are scaring the kids....
And as for YOU Stace, do I need to bring up the subject of my discussion with Carmen while our cats where chewing on certain "things".....
As for Anna, my sexy fritatta, you should not complain about MY birthday suit after going to see all those statues just because they WERE in their birthday suits.
Since this is a serious message here, inviting people to come and race in a legitimate mountain bike race, please keep your "racey" comments to a level like you would observe at home, or I will call your parents.

by ramot418

[*By the way Martin... is your course all downhill... remember we have all been celebrating Xmas and New Year... our reserves are low.*]
-------------------------------------------------------------------
If it's Arad to the Dead Sea, you can't get more downhill than that. Heck, even *I* could manage a course like that. :)

by cachaseiro

i´ll come by one day martin.
i actually rode my bike in israel a few years ago from eilat to telaviv.

by Martin_S.

Anna, your apology is accepted and I will call the post office and ask for the letter to your mother back. Will be looking forward to our bike ride and we will see what you have to teach me ^O^

Claus you are invited to come ride in this area anytime and I will be glad to point you in the right direction if I cannot come with you (which would be better ;O)))

Steve, the race route for the Elite is mostly single trek and some very technical, the Sport route is 22 km long with some wicked uphills and one serious downhill that I would walk ^O^, but if you want to do only downhill, we will have to look further, I know most of the routes here and have developed a few myself and have also pointed out many of the routes to Eli Set who has written two books on the area.

by hilla_m

Marti
How tough is the family one?
Hilla

Hi Hilla:
The family course is about 6-8 km long and on a route that is okay for most young riders without any dangerous or technical sections, it is just to introduce them to the desert at its edge. Not really exciting, but then you will have some people who are good riders and others who are out for the first time....

If you would like I have a powerpoint picture of the Elite and also the Sport, but the Family and Young Childrens race have not been put on line.

If you want to ride come on down...

by hilla_m

please send me
I'll talk 2 u tomorrow

by Martin_S.

Hilla, this is the online version of the map, sorry, but it is in Hebrew only at this time.

Travel Tips for Arad

Sunset

by Martin_S.

Okay, Okay, I know you won't believe me, but this sunset was taken from our front porch. How would you like to sit with us and have a cup of coffee while watcing this display of nature at its most elegant.........
My goodness, I just "enlarged" the photo to see how it looks here on VT and I must apologise for the EXTREMELY POOR quality.

Faces of Friends - Yosef

by Martin_S.

Meet Yosef (Ildico's husband), I think he was demonstrating how a politician looks to everyone when they are saying "trust me".
We enjoy having the odd BBQ and sometimes they will entertain us with making a Hungarian Goulash, the old traditional way, over an open fire. We also enjoy driving around Israel looking for wine and cheese makers, you know the little private ones you cannot find in the stores.

Faces of Friends- Alice and Tal

by Martin_S.

Meet Alice who helped our daughter Tal build a snowman in one of the worst snowstorms I have seen here in almost 30 years.
They of course attacked me later and then we had a long drawn out snowball fight (which I won by the way). It was me against, Tal, Alice, Tali, Zohara and the cats.... I could wish that everyone had neighbours like Alice, she is a real gift...

Faces of friends - Dimitry

by Martin_S.

Dimitry needed a little help from his friend Martin. He does fine on Vodka, being from Russia and all that, but I am helping him convert to wine. But he wanted "hair" so I lent him mine for a picture.

The "Iron" Chef in our home

by Martin_S.

We took the opportunity to invite a chef into our home, he brought all his equipment with him and prepared a dinner for 20 friends. We enjoyed sitting and learning as he explained all the dishes he prepared for us from the first dish to the desert and coffee. We also gave out pens and notebooks to every friend so they could keep a list of the recipies (and nobody gave the pens back to us, they said it was a souvenier ;O)))
It was great gathering.