4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Costs 23% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• dd99's Profile Photo

Reasonable hotel, TERRIBLE SERVICE

The hotel itself is central and up to a reasonable standard.

HOWEVER the standard of service was far below any I have ever seen. I would not stay here again and I would recommend anyone for whom service is important to go elsewhere.

1. We arrived 1pm and queued for 20 minutes (this is the time it took the reception staff to deal with 3 couples). When the queue began to grow one staff member decided to take her lunch break and left. The other staff were rude and unwelcoming.

2. We were told the room wasn't ready but that they would call us when it was. We returned at 4 pm (no they hadn't called) and were given a room.

3. The room was a double and stank of smoke. I called reception and explained I had booked a twin room, non-smoking - and that I had called up the night before and was assured that there was no problem. We were then shown 4 other identical rooms before the manager arrived (5:30 by now) and were finally given a room with yes, two beds not smelling of smoke.

4. Breakfast was OK, but sub-standard compared to a normal Israeli hotel breakfast (this is Israel - I am sure you can manage more than 2 varieties of fresh fruit !!). We had to ask five times (yes, five) until we were finally given coffee. Many of the little signs by each dish are misspelled or mis-translated. No, this is not a big point - but it is just another indication that standards here are poor.

5. The hotel has a small "beach" across the road. The hotel staff locks up all the deckchairs and loungers at 5pm, so even if it's still sunny - you'll be asked to sit on the sand at 4:55pm....

Unique Quality: Overall, the hotel has the potential to be a pleasant, even mid-to-high class hotel with a good location. The potential is not reached since the staff just couldn’t care less.

I am disappointed the Sheraton group has allowed the Eilat Moriah to sink this low.

• Jerome1's Profile Photo

Location, location: smack on the Promenade!

Unique Quality: This hotel offers the usual Sheraton quality with a nice swimming pool and private beach. It is particularly well situated right along Eilat's famous Beach Promenade.

• Sharon's Profile Photo

In the center

Another one of the good hotels in Eilat. Located right in the center by the northern beach. near the mall and the walkway .
    The hotel its self is good though i stayed there only 2 days and didnt really manage to enjoy everything in it.

More about Sheraton Moriah Eilat

how can I add a review?

by DavidTshl

I din't find the place to send it to ...

Hotel Palmira, Eilat, Israel, november 2005

Our stay in hotel Palmira was fantastic. This was really a great vacation, the food is excellent (we were on half-board). Situated north beach. Right of the Holiday inn Express hotel, just a few before the Americana.

Very clean rooms, that are well equiped, everyday new towels and cleaning. We were very satisfied, especially when comparing it with our previous stay in hotel Sheraton Moriah which costs twice as much (but is situated at the beach).

It takes a 7 minute walk, along the marina, to reach the beach, that was ok for us. The swimming pool is really great (37 meters long) which allows you to really practice swimming if you want).

There is also an animation team, but we didn't participate, and frankly, I didn't see anyone else doing the aqua-gym or other activities. Nevertheless they were proposed every day. So what else can I say? Everything was perfect (ok, miss Ortal Cohen's make-up choice (she's the very friendly dining-room manager) isn't perhaps what I would have chosen :) ). But that's really not important, isn't it?

how can I add a review?

by kiwi

Hi David,
Here on VT this is what we do. We go to the location, Build a page. follow the prompts, you will see a highlighted link "Add your own tips and photos". Click that and prepare your page. It will comprise of an Introduction and can have tips and travelogues added. I would recommend you write an "accomodation" tip right here on VT.
As for sending feedback to the Hotel itself, sorry I can't help you there.
good luck, welcome to VT and please ask if you need further help. regards, kiwi.

RE: how can I add a review?

by Bregman

You should go to http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel/Middle_East/Israel/Southern_District/Eilat-1709165/TravelGuide-Eilat.html and click on "Add your own tips and photos". Now you can add an acommodation tip about the hotel.

RE: how can I add a review?

by FruitLover

Welcome to VT community !
and welcome back to Israel !
Looking forward to read your Eilat page - decorated by Miss Ortal Cohen's picture...
Keep smiling & thinking positively!

Comments