99 Hayarkon Street, Tel Aviv-Yafo, 64432, Israel

Booking.com Expedia.com Agoda.com

Costs 35% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• leffe3's Profile Photo

Hotel for presidents and dignitaries

Regarded as the cream of Tel Aviv hotels, the upmarket Dan Hotel is the place of choice for presidents, politicians and 'formal' dignitaries.

A hushed air pervades the place, the open, windowless foyer a welcome retreat from the heat and noise of Hayarkon Street. Valets welcome you at arguably the most efficient and courteous hotel in the country.

Tastefully decorated pockets of sofas, armchairs provide privacy or downtime for a coffee. Nothing overly fashionable here - everything is done in the best possible taste.

A large business lounge for those in the need, and the hotel serves the best hotel breakfasts in town.

Rooms are super luxurious and comfortable. Needless to say there are many options in accommodation, ranging from standard rooms through to deluxe, executive suites through to the presidential and royal suites.

Standard and de-luxe face the city or inner courtyard: executive rooms upwards are the rooms with the view. I was lucky to be upgraded from de-luxe to executive sea view room and felt like royalty - so the suites are likely to be something extra....

Unique Quality: It's not a trendy destination - the Dan is one of the oldest hotels in the country. But they get just about everything right - no faddish decor. It's contemporary, it's extremely comfortable/luxurious, the breakfasts are superb, the views stunning.

Pity it's the most expensive hotel in Tel Aviv. :)

More about Dan Tel Aviv Hotel

The Dan Tel Aviv Is Certainly Not A Leading Hotel Of The World

by TripAdvisor Member justaview

i flew from Amsterdam arriving Tel Aviv at 2.30 am , i had requested a car at my arrival, whilst i had spoken to the hotel 3 times and also sent 3 emails i did not get any confirmation , anyhow a person was waiting for me, sadly no english, arrived to the hotel where a discussion took place between the driver and someone, shouting in front of the hotel, arguing , i realised that no one wanted to take my luggages inside,,,,,,,,,?
I woke up the following morning latish 10 o'clock and wanted a coffe and somewhere to have a cigaret, went to the reception and was sent all over the hotel where you couldn't get a coffe neither have a cigaret, one hour later find a small bar not far from the reception where you in fact could get it all, but NO the personn behind the bar raised a hand and said i don't serve coffe ........?
decided to go to the pool area , it is certainly rather different from the nice pictures on their web site , somehow dirty, run down, certainly no service there what so ever whilst 6 persons members of staff, smoking having coffe and a good chat, forget the spa it is a joke. the gym is small and nice , with children under 5 years of age playing arround the heavy weight not attended...?
the room, would say standard/ basic fair space , work took place on three mornings above my room starting at 7.00 AM , BREAKFAST WAS NEVER DELIVERED FROM ROOM SERVICE , until i complain to the management , did get some result was given another room on the 4TH FLOOR, the view was far superior, the guest relation of the hotel tried her upmost to make my stay pleasurable, sadly it was out of her capacities, she sent flowers , wine , chocolates , fuits, free dinner for two ,....the electricitie in the room was totally faulty, i had 4 times a day an electrician to repair/mend the lights, until my last night where the lights wouldn't switch off at all......?
I feel very desapointed, i have stayed with the Leading of the World hotels all over the world , THE DAN TEL AVIV is just not to the standard that one would expect.
the restaurants are all excellent, the small bar is great in the evening charming staff , there is a very good haidresser to be recommended ROICCO and also excellent beautician with up to date new treatments such as atoxelene infusion.

generally, quite good

by TripAdvisor Member vastjourney

We spent a week at the Dan Tel Aviv, in two adjoining, deluxe rooms overlooking the lovely seaside promenade. The charming staff was always helpful, making our stay particularly pleasant. Breakfast, gargantuan in scale, was tasty and fresh. The dining room, however, needs a complete overhaul; it looks like a shabby temple banquet hall. Our upgraded room allowed us (but not our children) access to the King David Lounge, a nice touch which offered free internet service, delicious snacks, coffee and drinks.
The swimming pools, salt water and fresh, are beautiful. The gym, though, was inadequate, small, in poor repair. If the hotel's relatively minor deficiencies could be remedied, the Dan Tel Aviv would be an ideal place to stay.

Grat Location

by TripAdvisor Member jebby

We stayed at the Dan Tel Aviv for 3 night in October. Great locaton across from the beach and near many excellent restaurants. The first room we were given had a defective bathroom door; we were then upgraded to a "club suite" in the old building. While not updated, it was still very nice. The breakfast was great. We would stay there again.

Service was amaturish

by TripAdvisor Member J_Travler

I stayed at the Dan Tel Aviv over the years, when it was a small hotel. I was always satisfied. This time was different. The service was terrible. The front desk Clark promised to call back with info but never did. At the restaurant, I had to protect my plate from the waiter that try to take it without asking if I am done. Equipment in the room disappeared slowly and I had to call and ask for the robe , the glasses and soap that disappeared. These are just some examples. It is only a small inconvince, but when all of these adds up, the hotel is too expensive for the mediocre service it is providing.

Josh

Horrible hotel, 2 star property, 1 star service.

by TripAdvisor Member oliviob

The Dan Tel Aviv should be ashamed. Here's how they ruined our honeymoon"

1. Upon check in to our first room, we were shown a room that was
completely neglected. First, what they described as a non-smoking
room, clearly was heavily smoked in, we could not breath. Additionally, the room was absolutely disgusting (stained carpets, walls, broken electrical sockets, dangerously hanging from the wall.

2. The guest host, Dahlia, proceeded to show us 3 more rooms, although
renovated, those also were completely neglected (stained furniture,
carpets, bed linens, walls) and DID NOT have a sea view (which we reserved and paid for,) but a
courtyard view of nothing.

3. The fourth room we were shown, also unacceptable, smelled horribly
of smoke (for a non-smoking room) wall outlets dangerously hanging,
soiled trash cans.

4. After staying in that room no more than 30 mins, my wife started to
become severely allergic to the smell of smoke and dirt, which is why
we reserved a non-smoking (and clean) room.

5. Only at around 2100 hrs were we shown and reluctantly accepted a
courtyard room which was still not up to par (broken radio in
bathroom, unclean bathroom, etc.)

What frustrated us most was the hotels inability to super serve our
needs, in fact, they did not deliver what was promised and paid for.

We have never in our lives encountered such rude, unfriendly and
uninterested guest service, and we travel quite extensively, and well (Ritz, Peninsula, 4 Seasons, etc.) For example, my wife has a severe allergy to cow dairy. When we inquired to the very surly and unhelpful
staff what certain food items were made of, we were consistently brushed off, often not answered. The staff did not deliver even adequate level of service throughout our stay. Icing on the cake, when
we checked out, not one employee inquired how our stay was, considering the many problems we encountered during our stay. I actually had to ask them to ask us how our stay was, so I could very well tell them how horrible their hotel is.

The Dan Tel Aviv ruined what we hoped would be a memorable honeymoon.
Instead, we are left with a horrible memory and a haunting taste in
our mouths. Gifts of champagne and chocolates (remember my wife is
allergic to chocolate made w cow milk) do not remedy this awful situation or negate the absurdity of this hotels inability to deliver as a "5 Star" hotel should.

Do not stay here if you are looking for a great, clean and hospitable property.

Good, but not as great as it should be...

by TripAdvisor Member lotsofhotelstays

We recently stayed at the Dan and had high expectations because of the reviews and price point. In general, we were disappointed. Housekeeping was spotty (timing, thoroughness, etc.) and decor was a bit bland. It does have a good location and, relative to other options, its a nice hotel but I'm not sure its as great as its promoted to be. I wouldn't avoid the hotel but I'm not sure it will "make your stay."

A bad experience

by TripAdvisor Member NelCalifornai

My family and I stayed there for 5 nights and we were not happy.

The staff was OK but not what you would expect from a leading hotel of the world.

They are doing major renovations which our travel agent and the hotel(who I had contacted dierecty as well) failed to mention to us. Therefore, every morining we woke up with the sound of jackhammers.
We had 2 deluxe room, recently renovated. One of the bathrooms flooded every time my kids took a shower and the phone system did not work properly.

The Worst Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member meron76

I go to Israel every year. This was the first and last time I stay at a Dan Hotel. The night staff were extremely rude. The waiters were completely amateurs. The rooms are not worth their rates. There is nothing good I can say about this hotel. Even the breakfast room during Saturday morning is old, dull and dirty. My stays at the Isrotel or even Renaissance were much better. As my wife says, this hotel needs to be closed for one year so the entire staff and building can be renovated. This is such a shame, because I heard this used to be such a beautiful hotel. Its certainly not any more.

Always under consruction

by TripAdvisor Member SkygameTravel

This is our third year at this hotel and we don't understand why we punish ourselves like this. Hotel is under renovation for the past three years. Unless you make a fuss the rooms are not made up or cleaned. Construction noise starts at 7am and when you complain they told us the construction would soon be over! NOT! By the way, we are Dan Club member for 3 years. All I ever get from it is a deck of playing cards worth 99 cents.

Comments