3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

250 Hayarkon Street, Tel Aviv, 63113, Israel

Booking.com Hotels.com AMOMA.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

• g.l.s.h's Profile Photo

Good location and good value for the money

The grand Beach hotel is one of the few 4 star hotels in Tel Aviv truly offering the standard 4 star facilities. This fairly large hotel is located just a minute walk from both the beach (The Sheraton beach) and the Ben Yehuda st., on the Hyarkon street. It is redecorated in stages and while the "standard" rooms are rather old, those that were redecorated – the superior rooms – are on a truly high standard even compared to many 5 star hotels in Tel Aviv. These were all totally refurnished from the start including the entire floor. The hotel has a small roof top pool (open on the summer only, usually from April to Oct.) and a very nice lobby bar. The is no parking in the hotel, but several park yards (cheaper then the hotels lots anyway) around. There are no extra facilities except for the nice city view from most of the rooms. I consider it as ideal for those who look for comfort for their night stay and don’t with to pay the extra for the additional facilities.

More about Grand Beach Hotel

Thanks, thanks and once again thanks for a wonderful day

by TripAdvisor Member Yarong76

I am an Israeli who currently live in London. I always come back to Israel in December, however this time the visit was special as it was my mother's 70th birthday.
I decided to organise a surprise party for my mother and started looking for the venue. I contacted a number of hotels in Tel Aviv, explained I was looking for a venue to accomodate approx, 50 people whom I'd invited for lunch.
My initial response was from Guy Goldman, room division manager at the hotel. His response was very informative and pleasant. Soon enough we established contact by phone and whichever questions I had (I have never organised something of this sort), Guy answered with total professionalism.
I arrived in Israel a couple of days before the event and made sure I made an appointment to meet both Guy and Yavgeni, the event manager.
We went through the proposed menu for the event, which was extensive and seemed to cater for everyone's needs (meat, meals for vegeterians and kids menu). However, let me tell you this,,,,no menu could have possibly prepared us guests for the amount of food available AND the quality. There were so many starters, some of our guests thought the buffet was the food being served (they were not prepared for another starter, main and dessert to follow !)
We had 4 waiters (for +40 guests) which meant very fast response to any request. They were very pleasant, smiled when talking to the guests and very professional.
As for the rooms in the hotel, : since the event was held on a Saturday and one of my mother's friends observes Shabbat, I decided to put her up in the hotel overnight so she could be present on the day. Her response when asked about the overall stay was simply "fabulous".

I want to take this opportunity to thank EVERYONE in the Grand Beach hotel, be it the people I communicated directly with AND those who have been involved in the event indirectly. MY mother was so happy, she was stunned by the surprise party, enjoyed the food, the servce, the experience in itself. Consequently, I enjoyed the whole experience and I very much hope readers of this review contact the hotel with any queries relating to similar events. You will receive prompt replies and be met with a desire by the hotel's staff to make your event \ stay one to remember.
For all of the above : Guy, Yavgeni and everyone involved - thank you, thank you , thank you !

Kind regards,
Yaron

Getting better all the time

by TripAdvisor Member Jonathan13

Imagine booking 30 rooms for a Bar Mitzvah and then finding one review after another on Tripadvisor saying the hotel is a hell-hole. Okay, probably I should have checked the site first, but that was our predicament and I'm happy to say the Grand Beach turned out to be a delight.
The hotel's managers acknowledged its shortcomings from the past and demonstrated a commitment to make things better. They've nicely renovated four upper floors so far with new furniture, bathroom fixtures and flat-screen TV, and are gradually making their way through the rest.
The older rooms were dowdy but clean. The food was fresh and at times delicious. The service was pleasant and attentive.
This may be because we threatened to cancel after showing them the review by the guy who said he'd rather put needles in his eyes then stay at the Grand Beach.
Whatever it was, they came through and contributed to making the Bar Mitzvah a great celebration. Chezi the chef, Daniel the desk clerk and Yevgeny the banquet manager all worked hard to make sure our guests were happy.
Even as its prices rise for the renovated rooms, the hotel is still one of the better deals in hyper-expensive Tel Aviv. Let them know you've seen the earlier reviews and want to find out if it's true that they're getting better. Good luck! Jonathan

Only good thing was location to beach

by TripAdvisor Member hookahhoward

We stayed at this hotel one night and it was awful. The only good thing was the location to the beach. We just went there and got plastered. The beach was so beautiful! Nobody slept.

Newly renovated

by TripAdvisor Member redbubbie

We just got back from a 2 night stay at the Grand Beach. It is newly renovated, clean and the staff was very acommodating. Rooms have small refrigerators. Decent food, great location just across from the beach. They have no parking and we did get towed for not being able to read the signs. Walking distance to so many restataurnts and stores. Short cab ride to Tel Aviv University and museums. Very worth the price- most affordable hotel we stayed in!.

Average Hotel at a Good Price

Stayed at this hotel with a group and was pleased with the rooms, restaurant, and hotel staff. The hotel is in a good location (near the ocean), however, it needs some updating. Be sure to ask for the superior rooms (remodeled rooms). The hotel elevator is very slow and appeared to malfunction at times (not stopping exactly at floor level). The buffet dinner and buffet breakfast were slightly above average. Local shopping and the boardwalk were close and within walking distance.

Improvment is needed

by TripAdvisor Member oris020

This hotel is 4* but it has a lot of improvements to make in order to be a good choice. Food at breakfast is basic, not like other Israeli hotels where breakfast is huge. The general condition of the hotel is not brilliant. The hotel location is quite good very near the beach.

Oh yuck.

by TripAdvisor Member br00kli

Before I left for my trip, I searched the web for photos, and was relieved to see it was decent, based on the pictures of the dining area and the lobby. Once we checked in with the extremely rude staff, we were horrified by the room and hallways. The room was really dirty, there was trash on the floor and the bathroom looked liked someone had died in it. I'm average to tall height and I practically had to sit on the toilet sideways the bathroom was so small! The shower ran hot and cold water alternately and the water pooled about 6 inches up around my legs. The hallways were beyond foul-nasty smelling and the carpets were covered with large, questionable stains. I actually saw a man in the lobby complaining to a manager, yelling about the poor quality and misrepresentation of rooms on the internet, and demanding his money back. DO NOT STAY HERE!

Stayed in better hostels

by TripAdvisor Member cazSheffield

A large older type hotel that is now looking tired and jaded.
The hotel communal areas ( lobby, bar and restaurant) are OK on first impressions but when you take a second look you notice the filth gathering in the corners.
I got a sense of foreboding when I got in the lift which was old and very dirty.I could not believe it when the lift stopped on floor five and I was confronted with a dark and dismal passage way with old, dirty stained carpets and filthy walls. The bedroom wasn't any better. The carpets and walls were filthy and stained. The furniture was very old and shabby. I felt like I had been sent to a prison camp not a 4 star hotel.
The receptionist was really unhelpful when I asked to change rooms it was only after other guests intervend to help that they 'found' another room. The second room was much better but still definately not 4 star as advertised.
The breakfast was OK if happy with salad, eggs, cheese, bread and yoghurts. If you want a cooked breakfast look elsehwere.
I go away around once a month. I stay in all kinds of places from 4 star hotels to B and Bs and hostels and this is definatelty the worst hotel I have ever stayed at

Very good value

by TripAdvisor Member missyEngland

My sister and i have just returned from this hotel and had no complaints whatsoever. Yes, the carpet is a bit shabby but the room was clean, with a tv and fridge, included. We had maid service and clean towels every day. The choice for breakfast was very good and you can make a sandwich to take out of the dining room for lunch if you wish! We were even given some free vouchers for dinner! The position is great - just across the road from the beach where you will find bars, shops and restaurants.
For the price we paid i thought it was all in all very good. We did a long, (about an hour) but pleasant, walk to Jaffa. Bus are reliable and cheap. You must visit Jerusalem - amazing place.

Happy hols