2 Nes Ziona Street, Tel Aviv, 36904, Israel

Booking.com AMOMA.com Priceline.com

• Sharon's Profile Photo

In the spirit of Feng Shui.

Ok, This hotel is a bit different...or at least that is how it feels for me, and even though im living near T"A i definitely want once to stay there.
    Its a boutique hotel near the beaches of T"A, near the magical neighborhood of Neve Tzedek and not far from old Jaffa !
    It was created within an historic Bauhaus building and based on the old Cinese are of Feng Shui.
    I think that i'll save you my words and really recommend you to check their website !

More about Hotel de la Mer

Loved Hotel de La Mer!

by TripAdvisor Member clarisma86

This is one of the nicest cheap hotels ive ever stayed in. Not only is it clean and friendly but the breakfast was amazing and fresh! They will make you anything you want and how much you want. In addition there is always a large selection of tea, coffee and hot chocolate in the lobby free for the taking. Although there is no view it is extremely close to the beach. Stay here!

Undoubtedly Tel Aviv's Best Small Hotel (arguably even charming)...

by TripAdvisor Member timothysmith

No one would ever put "charming" and "Tel Aviv" in the same sentence without being on mind-altering substances, but Hotel de la Mer comes closest to being a charming hotel in that high-energy but unabashedly unattractive city. Here's the worst part: it sits across from a beach-front parking lot. (Which city father planned THAT?) (There are no hotels directy on the beach, except maybe the Hilton at a stretch, but at those rates, you could buy your own island!) The rooms are pleasant, well-designed, and the staff helpful and friendly. I definitely would return, and wouldn't stay anywhere else. The big hotels are BIG and are so far from nice you want to run away screaming. The feng shui shtick? Okay, everybody has to have a gimmick. In this case, it's resulted in an especially pleasant color scheme and a fish tank. Breakfast is fine. Drawbacks: coffee is terrible (but I live in Paris), no bar, and in-room refrigerators are non-existent or useless. All that said, it's the ONLY place I'd consider staying in Tel Aviv when I go back, and I looked around a lot. You could do a lot worse and none better.

Beware safety box.

by TripAdvisor Member serxim9

We agree with most reviewers that the hotel is satisfactory, for its location and price. Me and my daughters stayed there for 5 days.

Unfortunately we have a big problem, that we like to beware other tourists.

Hotel De La Mer doesn't have private safety boxes, but just a common safety box in the lobby (not individual) for all passenger. Having the manager stated that anything kept in the safety box was secure, I put inside an envelope with my money. When I asked for the envelope next morning, I found almost US$600 missing, eventhough the envelope didn't looked tampered. I always write down my expenses during my trips, so I'm quite sure about the money that was missing
I was told by the manager that they have an insurance and that there was going to be an investigation and that the insurance company was going to reimburse us the amount. We gave notice to the police, wasting time and money.
Just in November we receive a statement from the hotel that the insurance company was not going to reimburse our money.

Warm hospitality - nice rooms (not too big)

by TripAdvisor Member ngeatap

The staff is very nice and the rooms were always clean but they serve only breakfast.
breakfast is good but again no dinner or lunch although there are some very good restaurant in the surroundings . . .

Pack your feng shui umbrella, you may need it...

by TripAdvisor Member ATLWorldTraveler

I picked up this hotel based on its website promising a most relaxing experience "meticulously designed according to the ancient Chinese principles of Feng Shui" and its location overlooking the Mediterranean beach. I even paid a bit extra to ensure a room with a view. Upon check in I was a bit disappointed to hear all rooms with sea view were already occupied, but after 12 hours of flight and a long wait at the lobby, I was in no mood to argue over a single night. I was leaving for the Dead Sea in the morning, then coming back to this hotel the following weekend. I made sure with the reception staff that I was going to have the room I reserved for my return. The room I stayed in on the first night was decent, albeit small. It featured a shower so tiny one person could only use it standing perfectly upright (certainly not for those with wide waists). When we returned the following weekend, we indeed received a much nicer room: balcony overlooking the beach and - equally important - a real bathtub. Elated as we were, we utterly disregarded a slight drizzle from the bathroom's ceiling. By next morning, the bathroom was under full fledge deluge with all our toiletries soaking wet. Needless to say, this did not add to our feng shui relaxation. Management's only proposed remedy was to put us back into the no-view tiny-shower room... We packed our feng-shui umbrella and switched to a much more hospitable facility a couple of blocks down.

Excellent value, good people

by TripAdvisor Member gpdLondon

My second time here, this time with my 12 year old daughter. The hotel is great value for money, in a good location, and it is really clean and friendly. The rooms without the sea view are better - the view is not great and comes with extra traffic noise, so save a few dollars and go without. It is true that the shower cubicles are small, but the plumbing is excellent and this is a highly recommended place to stay for business or pleasure.

Small room, Few Amenities

by TripAdvisor Member Woman_in_Toronto

This was the most expensive hotel, with the fewest amenities, of any hotel I stayed at in Israel. Hotel room had no small refrigerator, no safety deposit box, even no bathtub (just a shower). Room so small the bed was right next to the window, and the curtain did not cover the window properly (luckily I had brought an eye mask for the plane).

What annoyed me most was they misled me into getting a noisy room. When I enquired about a single room, they said there was one available, but suggested I take a seaview room, which they said was "much nicer". I asked if the seaview room was quiet as quiet was most important to me. Reply was "they had had no
complaints" and it was quiet. Wrong. The rooms facing the sea which actually face a busy road, a parking lot, I think another busy road, and then the beach and the sea are the noisiest because they face the road. The quietest are at the back which face another building and then the ones at the side which face a parking lot.

Some people may not care about noise, but if someone to whom it is obviously important, asks, they should not be misled.

The decor of the rooms are all the same so the ones at the front are not much nicer, but just noisier. So if you do decide to book at this hotel, don't take a "seaview" room unless noise does not bother you.

The halls and lobby were pretty, and the bathroom was clean, with fairly new fixtures, and the staff was OK, but I stayed in other Israeli hotels for less in just as central a location which gave me as quiet a room as the hotel had, had much bigger rooms, small fridges in the room, etc., for a lower price.

Tel Aviv By the Sea, By the Sea, By the Beautiful Sea

by TripAdvisor Member My_AZ

My husband and I spent five great nights at this hotel at the beginning of our two week trip to Israel. We had a seaview room (#201) with a balcony that looked out over the parking lot to the beautiful blue mediterranean. We enjoyed sitting on the balcony each morning and night. The front desk staff was friendly, accessible and helpful, especially Michael who is there most of the day. Tea and coffee are available near the front desk 24 hours. The breakfast room also looks out at the sea and individual breakfasts are served by a friendly Asian server including French toast or pancakes or granola with yogurt or eggs with israeli salad and cheeses. Pastries and breads are available in abundance and coffee (the espresso was great). There is a laundromat a few blocks away as well as restaurants (check out Cafe Metzada) and bus stops. We walked to Neve Tzedek and Jaffa from the hotel without problems. We enjoyed our stay and would definitely return.

--My_AZ

Great boutique hotel

by TripAdvisor Member mirlag

Great small boutique hotel a short walk to the Tayelet and beach. The breakfast was outstanding. Front desk staff was nice and helpful. Rooms were on the small side, but the balcony view of the sea was wonderful. One negative, the bathroom shower was a bit moldy in places.

Scottsdale, AZ

Hotel De La Mer

by jatten

Has anyone stayed at this hotel? Any other Tel Aviv hotel recommendations--we will be there for one night in June and are looking for something located with a sea view and for under $200 per night.

RE: Hotel De La Mer

by Sharon

Its a nice small hotel, near the sea but on the
Yarkon Street which means a bit of noise.
Try the Prima Astor hotel, lovely, good location
and relatively good rates i think.
Also check my Israel page, you might find more ideas
as well as the following website: www.inisrael.com

S.

RE: Hotel De La Mer

by mariaschmidt

I had some friends from Ireland who stayed there and liked the hotel and the location. Have a nice time from Mary www.telaviv4fun.com

Comments