Prof. Yehezkel Kaufmann, PO Box 50155, Tel Aviv, 61501, Israel

Booking.com Expedia.com IHG

Costs 33% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• AVSENT's Profile Photo

Great Views Of The Mediterranean Sea

This Intercontinental property is about average. I received an ambassador upgrade and was rewarded with a room with a fabulous view of the Mediterranean Sea (great views). The room was not large like some ICT suites and was a little dated but, it still maintained it's appeal. I received the complimentary fruit, and again it was not up to par with other ICT properties (2 small pears and an apple). I stayed on friday and saturday to redeem a certificate for a free weekend night (but not totally free since this rate is bumped up a bit). Nonetheless, it was a better deal to help compensate for the downsides of this hotel. For the most part, the hotel was immaculate but, again in certain areas it was showing signs of wear. I reserved the club room expecting to get the full monty, and I was disappointed by the weak assortment of snacks and food offered. There were plenty of beverages but, don't expect much from this club rate. And, being Shabbot, the hotel made this an excuse to oversimplify the food selection by offerring Hummus and tuna salad, with an assortment of breads and cheeses and sauces. Nothing special and no frills. They could easily have done better. Sunday morning breakfast buffet was no differrent. They skimped here too, when most ICT properties offer a complete selection of International foods. I found very few choices, as the buffet was just a larger spread of the club selections. Basically, fish and breads. Alot, of fruit is what kept me from calling this a complete lack of thought.
    Again, this was a grand looking hotel with great creature comforts but, totally lacking any cuisine of any substance. The pool was nice and looked out over the sea but, the weight room lacked as well. The main ingredients for a pleasurable stay-food and a good workout were non existent. The valet service was not overly pricey and the service was excellent (as I came and went at all hours-it set you back 12.00 USD a day). The staff itself was for the most part considerate and helpfull. The wifi here was expensive but, free in the lobby bar and executive lounges. I'm not sure if there are better hotels for the money along the beachfront, but Tel Aviv seemed slightly expensive for food and gas anyway.

Unique Quality: Great views, close to the beach and Jaffa and Neve Tzedek (For the most part the main parts of the city are about 9-16 square miles-about 4 miles x 4 miles-you can get anywhere by car in a few minutes). The staff were awesome and helpfull.

Directions: Along the beach, just north of Jaffa Old Town, right by a lighthouse and next door to Dan Panorama Hotel.

• perfect time

the hotel is amazing. we had a great time. the room is super comprtable, the staff us really friendly and polite, and the breakfast was tasty and we were full till the evening. me and my wife had an amazing time. thank you all, see you next year:)

• A beautiful luxury hotel.

This was a top notch hotel with a great israeli buffet breakfast every morning. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who can afford it.

Unique Quality: Nice pool. Definitely go for a massage and facial if you have time. By comparison to US prices, it was soooo inexpensive!

• JeSuisJill's Profile Photo

Really Great Stay at the David

You know what? I enjoyed my stay a the David last week. Loved their hospitality and quick ability to book me on tours at the last minute. The guide/driver they hired to tour me and others into Jerusalem was exceptional. The gift shop was open late hours and I was able to buy stamps with my postcards.

Unique Quality: There is also a bar -- the Inca Bar -- on level 3 of the hotel that offers FREE wireless if you've brought your computer with you. All you need to do is buy drinks! Easy for me!

Directions: Right across the street from the beach. There is a disco on the beach, a DJ, lots of famlies, a restaurant .... They're renovating a stunning Mosque right across the street from the David.

Plus is it walking distance (20-30) from Jaffa's flea market

• ophiro's Profile Photo

David Intercontinental

The hotel is lcoated very close to the sea , far from the other hotels.

Close to the carmel market and the carmelit terminal , Hassan Beck mosque and also close to Jaffa.

This is one of the most beautiful hotels in Israel , very luxurious , good food , lovely rooms.

• edvin_br's Profile Photo

David Intercontinental

If you have too much money to spend this place could be the place for you. Considered as the best hotel in Tel Aviv, Intercontinental has a reputation of a high class hotel with guests list that include personalities such George W. Bush and Madonna you can be sure that the service over there will be great.

Unique Quality: Located just at the end of the cities promonade, the hotel has a great view to the Mediterranean Sea. The Carmel market is located a few minutes walk and the preserved old neighborhood "Neve Tzedek" is also not far.

• Nitsana's Profile Photo

Tel Aviv's most luxurious accomodation

I didn't stay here. I live in Tel Aviv - just think that if I were choosing a hotel to stay in (and had the money to stay somewhere amazing) this is one of the two I'd choose. It's south of center, overlooking the sea, backed by the food market, close to Neve Zedek (cool neighborhood), 15 min walking from Jaffa and near Allenby shopping.

It's stunning. The lobby and all the facilities are gorgeous. I've eaten in their lobby with business people who have stayed there - and the service has always been impeccable - people who I have known who have stayed their have enjoyed immensely and recommended the rooms.

Unique Quality: the pool is gorgeous and overlooks the mediterrannean sea. The entire place is just beautiful and in my opinion one of the nicest hotels in tel aviv.
    Regarding price - don't know exactly how much it costs - but it is in the same price range of other top hotels in Tel Aviv.

Directions: Drive on the sea road (Herbert Samuel) South. You can't miss it - it is in the last line of hotels before Jaffa - the one closest to Tel Aviv.

More about InterContinental David Tel Aviv

David Intercontinental Needs New Carpeting!

by TripAdvisor Member China2002

The David Intercontinental in Tel Aviv is in desperate need of new carpets. The rooms are okay but startinfg to look shabby. The carpets are absolutely filthy! We were offered a beach view which was lovely until midnight. In the evening until 4am there is really loud music from the clubs on the beach (prepare to get no sleep on the weekends!). Some positives were the kids club and the pool area they were btoh very nice. The location is also very nice.

Uninspiring

by TripAdvisor Member amigo42

We stayed for 4 nights in the David Intercontinental. We arrived in the middle of night, and the receptionist wasn't very friendly. The room, a suite, was OK but uninspiring. It is a big hotel with unpersonal big hotel service. The pool area was nice, but also a little bit lazy staff. On Saturday the food options are very limited; you won't get an fried egg for breakfast or a burger for lunch/snack. It was certainly not bad, and according to locals, the best available in Tel Aviv.

Pretty much OK

by TripAdvisor Member Hummer63

My wife and I stayed for a week at the David Intercontinental. The place is huge. Since we were staying at the executive floor we checked in over at the executive lounge (floor 25 or something like that) and it took no time. The room was big, clean and all right. The beach is right across an avenue, but I must say the hotel is on the southern edge of a nice promenade with shops and restaurants, so you're not really in the heart of the action. We would walk at night to a restaurant or just to get a stroll. The concierge at the hotel was very helpful, all the restaurants he reccomended were great, actually on sabath he directed us to a nearby restaurant that was fantastic. The hotel was all right, if only it felt a bit cold maybe because of it's big size but don't feel intimidated by it.

Just an average experience

by TripAdvisor Member dmarcus1977

My wife and I stayed at the David Intercontinental for 3 nights. Overall, I found it to be a very average large hotel.

The room was spacious and we had a terrific view of the beach and downtown Tel Aviv. The bathroom was very large, but my one my complaint here was that there were not enough places to hang your towels, just a small bar in the shower and one hook on the door.

Even though we were up on the 18th floor, in the evenings we could hear the low thud of the house music playing at the nearby dance club. I personally found this annoying because while I was able to get to sleep fine, the moment I woke up in the middle of the night to go the bathroom, I found the noise made it very difficult to get back to sleep.

The pool area was nice, with attentive waiters serving drinks and food from the pool side grill.

The breakfast buffet had a very nice variety to choose from.

Good Hotel, Poorly Operated!

by TripAdvisor Member UKflightattendant

The David Intercontinental is to me very much a 'standard' hotel within its class, i.e. nothing more, and nothing less, than one might expect from a 'branch' of an international hotel chain.

The hotel is very well located in Tel Aviv, with good access to commercial parts of the city and right opposite the beach. If it's a sunny day you can either take advantage of the beach - which gets VERY busy in the summer, especially during shabbat - or make use of the outdoor pool area.

Rooms are spacious and comfortable enough but lacking in any kind of character, but I suppose that might be expected from an international chain brand.
Minuses: No mini-fridge, (it's one of those horrible electronic things again!), no ironing board/iron in-room, bed is rather hard, (which might be to your taste!), with quite thin pillows - I had to request extra from housekeeping!
Pluses: Big bathroom with lots of space for all your bits and pieces, powerful aircon, plenty of space for working, good storage.

My big bugbear with this hotel is its levels of service. First of all I should say that I often stay at the David over Shabbat, or the sabbath, which runs from sunset Friday to sunset Saturday. I appreciate that this has implications for certain aspects of service and absolutely respect that - I certainly would not expect, nor want, people to go against their religion just to accommodate me! I mention this only as it might be some kind of explanation for what follows.

Standards of customer service are not what one might expect within this price bracket. Everything seems to take a long time, be it food service, getting hold of an iron, accessing the internet etc. While Calls to the guest service centre are answered promptly enough, they are often a little curt and not very responsive. As I have said, I don't know whether the fact that it was Shabbat has any implications re. this. It's really a shame as the hotel is pleasant and well-maintained otherwise. It's not something which would deter me from staying here again, and I would be happy to recommend the hotel, but just something to be aware of and prepare for!

A little tip for those who like to stay connected: Internet access in the rooms is intermittent and the connection poor. Charges are also relatively high. I suspect the hotel is aware of this as there is much promotion of the coffe shop which offers wifi. I'd advise you to take advantage of this!

David Intercontinental hotel at backroundDavid Intercontinental hotel at backround

Comments