Queen Alia Intl Airport, PO Box 39158, Amman, 11104, Jordan

Expedia.com Hotels.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• nelsonmct's Profile Photo

Airport Hotel - Royale Jordanian Transfer Stay

If you are using Royale Jordanian Airlines and there is a scheduled layover or delay, they will automatically put you here. Just make your way to the RJ Transfer Desk to get a free voucher for a free round trip bus ride, hotel room with meals. Do not book another hotel in downtown Amman. It is at least a 30 minute $25 taxi ride each way.

The hotel is semi-clean. The workers are pleasant. The rooms are adequate and the air conditioning and showers work. They serve meals buffet style. Some of it is distinctly Middle Eastern and there is a good variety.

Directions: Use the transfer bus at the airport to get to and from this hotel.

• DAO's Profile Photo

ONLY AIRPORT HOTEL

The airport is all by itself on the side of the motorway. There is only one hotel nearby (1 km) - this one.

Telephone: Fax: +962-6-4451029

Bookable through several webistes so compare prices.

The other hotels are in the center of the city and take a lot longer.

Unique Quality: Expensive by local standards, but next to the airport and it has an outdoor swimming pool.

Directions: P.O.Box: 39158, Queen Alia International Airport Amman-Jordan, Zip code: 11104

• Alia Gateway hotel in Amman - THE WORST EVER

ALIA HOTEL – NEVER AGAIN!!!

The worst hotel I have ever stayed at, a badly kept “Alia Gateway” hotel in Amman is located within a 3 minute drive from the airport. Despite what you might hear the hotel is a 1* hotel catered to transit passengers.
    If you happen to be a transit passenger (arriving in Amman AND leaving with the Royal Jordanian flight) you will be given a voucher for a free stay at the “Alia” hotel. Since RJ is only paying the hotel 15 JD ($21) per transit passenger – this is the quality one should count on!You will get a sorry … room with no fridge in it and same quality breakfast. Well, those who want to stay for free should not complain…
    I would rather like to warn those unfortunate passengers who are on transit with airlines other than Royal Jordanian or tourists looking for an accommodation. DO NOT GO TO THIS HOTEL!!! I flew into Amman with my husband from Sri Lanka. The next morning we were to part – my husband was going to Iraq and I was going home via Frankfurt. My husband was arriving AND leaving with the RJ and in fact did get his voucher for a one night stay. I was arriving with RJ and leaving LH, so I was prepared to pay my share of the double room. When we arrived to the reception we were shocked to hear an explanation that I can NOT stay with my own husband even if I wanted to pay half of the double room’s price! That was some new rule introduced by the management/owners. The hotel insisted I get a separate room at a sweet price of 85 JD (120 USD!!!) and my husband will get another room free of charge. That would be his choice whether to stay in the room he is getting from Royal Jordanian or to join me in another room I was getting for the full price. Showing our passports that we are a husband and a wife and are both on transit did not help anything. I called up the manager but he insisted these were their rules. Two separate rooms! So I did end up paying for a whole room 120 dollars and we did get two keys for two rooms, so one room was standing empty all night.

Unique Quality: One would think that for a 120 dollars in Jordan you get a fantastic service and a great room… The price that the “Alia Gateway” hotel has the nerve to charge will buy you a room with no fridge!There will a TV, but no remote control. To get the latter you would have to go to the reception and request one – probably they are afraid that the guests would steal those remote controls…If you dare to switch on the air conditioning you’re gonna be disappointed. It will not work. When you try calling reception to ask what the hell is going on they will tell you that it is winter time and the air conditioning is switched off!!! Never mind that you might not be from the Middle East originally and for you their winter still might seems too warm to be able to fall asleep!!! Tough luck – they will not turn on the air conditioning for you!!! If you decide to open the window to have some fresh air the window will not open! The reception will tell you that only a plumber has the right and the tools to open the window in a 120 dollar room. Oh, and the night stand is falling apart.
    It sounds like a bad nightmare. Yet it was true.We only had 5 hours left to sleep before catching our flights. When I lost my patience and demanded a manager to get my money back he firmly told me that I will not get back a single dollar. The fact that we had to pay for a separate room and for this hefty price got no fridge, no remote control, no air conditioner, closed and locked window and falling apart furniture did not convince him. The more I argued with him the less time was left for us to sleep. So we gave up. The last thing that I heard was that should I want to have breakfast in the morning I would have to pay for it!To my question how come a 120 dollar rate does not include breakfast no answer was given.
    I will try to share this experience at as many forums as I can because I want to warn people – do NOT go to Alia hotel unless you want to be taken for a ride. Only those keen on survival programs should apply.

Directions: Next ot the airport

• Durfun's Profile Photo

Quiet Suburban location for the airport!

Superb and regal, though dated, internal decor. Huge reception lobbies, with several restaurants.

Nice integral boutiques showcasing & selling ethnic wares. There are tour agents too customising itineraries.

The service is impeccable. Very courteous & helpful at all times.

Rooms are clean, though again, the bedding, etc is older style. Bathrooms are very well kitted out.

We were transit passengers, so the location was ideal for us!! But to check out the Dead Sea to experience different kind of floating (due to it's very high salt content), it's only a 30 minute taxi ride away!

Unique Quality: Three swimming pools!! The largest one is a square one, with an even 14 foot depth, so only jump in if you can really swim!!

Several restaurants & cafes. The breakfasts are wonderful, with a wide selection of international or ethnic food, both for vegetarians & non-veg.

Service & smile go hand in hand here. The staff are just so polite & charming.

This place was inaugurated by King Hussein in 1985.

Directions: Coming out of the airport, just head towards the town, about 2 kms. Alia Hotel would be on your left. QAI Airport, Amman.

• xaver's Profile Photo

Just a few hours

My friend and I on our way back from Bangkok to Rome arrived at 5 am in Amman airport and we had to wait 5 hours for our flight to Rome. The Royal Jordanian company offered us to spend the stop over in a hotel near the airport free.
    The day before some hotels in Amman were attacked by terrorists and many people died, so my friend, scared told me: are we crazy? Let's saty in the airport it is safer, and I:you know what? if we really have to die today, we'll die more confortable in a hotel room!
    Infact everything was extremely safe, many controls at the airport, all the legguages opened before entering the hotel and metal detector at hotel lobby.

Unique Quality: After 8 hours of flight even a simple room and a shower sound like unique qualities!

Directions: a few kilometers outside the airport

• Pakistaniguy's Profile Photo

Hotel nearest to the Airport

If you are a transit passenger of Royal Jordanian Airline and your next flight is on the next day then Royal Jordanian gives a free of cost stay in this hotel for that particular night alongwith the buffet meals. So, try RJ (Royal Jordanian) and see Jordan !

Unique Quality: Keep in mind this hotel is 40 KMs outside the city of Amman because it is close to the Airport and Airport is outside the main city.

Directions: The Bus of this hotel will bring you here free of cost from the Airport.

More about Alia Hotel

Queen Alia Hotel

by Jeananne

We have a an overnight stopover at the Queen Alia Hotel near Amman airport on our way to Colombo in October. Does anyone knwo what the hotel is like. Also we will have about 7 hours to spend during the day, I believe we can get a tourist visa,so any ideas as to what we could do in Amman during that time.
Thanks in advance
Jane

RE: Queen Alia Hotel

by TheWanderingCamel

the "Alia Gateway" is rather a horrid hotel, it's run by Royal Jordanian Airways, and virtually the only guests are stopovers like you. This is a captive clientele, and that's not much incentive to give good service.

You should be able to get a free transit visa valid for 24 hours. Get a taxi and go to Madaba, to Mount Nebo and the Dead Sea. if the airport taxis are too expensive, ask the Mariam Hotel in Madaba (mh@go.com.jo) to send you somebody - be prepared for 60JD at least.

Check out our Jordan page for some info on these places.

Lulu

RE: RE: Queen Alia Hotel

by Jeananne

I found that the Alia Hotel was clean but basic and was fine for a stopover. I can highly reccommened the Mariam Hotel who sent a driver to take us on a tour to Mt Petra Jesus Baptism Site and the Dead sea, whilst we were on the stopover. It was great tour and the driver was most courteous and helpful.

Comments