Four Seasons Hotel Amman

See Amenities
gilabrand's Profile Photo

FIT FOR A KING

by written on February 6, 2013

The Four Seasons Hotel in Amman is definitely fit for a king (or queen). An Arab sheikh would like it, too. During my stay, I found everything - the lobbies, rooms, spa area, restaurants - beautiful and spotlessly clean. The staff was incredibly helpful and amazingly proficient in English. I can see that tremendous thought was given to equipping the room with every possible item a traveler might want or need. The shower was great, the towels luxuriously thick. There was even a clock with numbers that I could actually see!

The breakfast was nice (although I expected more vegetables) and the food at the Italian restaurant on the premises was excellent. I ordered a pasta with mushroom dish that was scrumptious. We also ate at the hotel's Asian restaurant. My noodle and vegetable dish was so-so, but the large glass of fresh-squeezed pink grapefruit juice, served with a straw, was perfect.

Unique Quality: If not for two minor issues, I would rate the hotel 10 in every way:

1) While many staff people were sent to my room to help set up the Internet connection, which wasn't working, nobody mentioned that there was a cable in the drawer that could have solved the problem. I signed up for WiFi for 2 or more devices, but the connection to my Iphone stopped working and I was never able to reconnect (in the end, I managed with just my laptop).

2) After our arrival we were urged to use the taxi service outside the hotel to reach Downtown Amman. The 7 dinar "flat rate" was definitely a rip-off, as it only cost us 1.5-2 dinars for rides of the same duration using other taxis. OK, we know we are tourists, but we felt misled.

Apart from that, my stay at the hotel was extraordinary.

Openseas's Profile Photo

5 stars for a 5 star Hotel.

by written on August 23, 2007

We stayed overnight at the Four Seasons, on our return trip home to Australia. We were warmly greeted at the airport and swept away in a lovely air-conditioned Mercedes Benz and driven to the hotel which is approx 30mins away. The airport is small and well organized.

Location –
Four Seasons is located between Al Sweifiyah residential area and the Shmeisani financial area. It is a 10 min taxi ride into downtown. Taxis are very cheap in Amman and they can be easily found outside the hotel.

Check in –

Before entering this hotel you have to go through a full security check including your bags. To our delight we were told we had been upgraded to a suite as the hotel was fully booked.

Room -
Our suite 1225 was enormous which consisted of a separate lounge room with plasma TV, CD player, mini bar, lounge suite, coffee table, and working desk. The bedroom leads off from the hallway and consisted of a king size bed, side tables, and lamps. All furnishing were elegant and comfortable. We had stunning views of Amman skyline.

Bathroom –
Off the bedroom a small hallway lead to walk-in closet with plenty of hanging space. The bathroom was spacious with a great walk-in shower, bath and large marble and granite vanity suite.

Restaurants –
There are three restaurants – Asia, Vivace and Seasons. We chose to dine on the terrace in Vivace and had a lovely Italian meal. The setting and the staff were terrific.

Amenities –
There are two swimming pools, one indoor and the other outdoor. Both are fantastic, the area is very stylish with plenty of deck chairs and umbrellas. The indoor pool has a whirlpool. A very well equipped gym and squash courts are also located near the swimming pools. A fabulous spa using products from the Dead Sea is also available, the special treatments being the mud packs.

Unique Quality: Transport –
It costs around 20 dinars to the hotel from the airport by taxi. There is little public transport available and most people just use taxis as petrol is VERY cheap in Amman.

Tours –

Tours -You can organize tours from the hotel, but most guests seem to hire a car or taxi to visit the sights. Most of the sights are outside of Amman, the Dead Sea being 45 minutes away, Petra – 3hrs, Jerash – 35 mins. info@rumtravel.com

we found the locals to be lovely friendly people and felt completely safe in Amman.

Overall – We found this hotel to offer all the 5 star trimmings one requires. The staff were fabulous. I would certainly recommend this hotel if staying in Amman. The only thing missing was an Arabic Restaurant.

triplehelix's Profile Photo

Business Class Luxury!

by written on November 12, 2006

I know I work for the Four Seasons and all but I can't stop raving about FSH Amman! The staff was so awesome and very personable with me. I had many great conversations with them and the Room Service guys were always happy to see me. Whenever I needed something, I was shown the utmost care the whole time. My stay was made better by the fact my luggage finally arrived!! I only stayed four days here but I could live in there if they let me.

Unique Quality: FSH Amman is primarily a business type hotel catering to various western companies. I seen many American and British business personel here typing away crazily in the business center. The decor is very art-deco and finished with nice touches. The staff speaks English very well. The Front Desk will do cash advances for you as well.

You'll also notice the super high security from the millitary. This is due to the bombing of the Radison SAS Hotel next door.

Directions: Right on Circle 5 close to the Radison SAS and Sheraton Hotels.

Djinn76's Profile Photo

An International Palace

by written on December 27, 2004

What can I say? This was simply the best hotel I have ever staid at. Regular price is quite expensive as well but company can get a fair discount! To the smallest details everything there was perfect.
The rooms are big, comfortable, nice, and luxurious. I particularly like the shower made of glass. Small detail, the shower gel and shampoo were not any product you could find in the supermarket but were produced by the French l’Occitane.
Staying at one of the upper floor, you have a wonderful view of Amman.
You don’t have one swimming pool but two!! An indoor one and an outdoor one. You also have Jacuzzi, sauna, hammam…
The buffets are quite impressive as well, you could easily find something at your taste. For breakfast you have an impressive choice of fruits, Danish pastries, meats (but no pork at all), local specialties,…
In the evening you can have the choice between another buffet or “a la carte”.
If you prefer, even classier, there are also a Chinese and Italian restaurant in the hotel.
The service is nice and friendly.

Directions: 5th Circle

• Pets Allowed
  • Suites
  • Free High Speed Internet

Amman Travel Forum

Need advice about Amman, Jordan? Visit the Travel Forum for Amman and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Amman hotel reviews

High on the hill.......
Citadel 2: the Byzantine church
Jabal Al Qal'a: Citadel Hill
Things to Do
A daytrip out of the city.
Amman through the ages 2: Ain Ghazal
Private driver
Taxi from airport
The theater
Things to Do
The museum inside the citadel
The Umayyad Palace
Byzantine Church
Things to Do
The main attraction inside the citadel
A nice jump in the past