4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Booking.com Priceline.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

• A Welcome Rest

After spending some time in Iraq it was good to have great resturants, comfortable beds, a gym, and spa all within the same building. The spa was very nice and the maseaur was magnificent. I would have to say that the hot tub and steam room were way to hot for me.

I highly recomend The Senate for an afternoon buffet and the Rangoon for the evening meal. The outdoor pool is only open in the summer so I did not get to play in that. The staff is helpfull and friendly. If you are looking for a nice place to stay with professional attitude then this is the place for you.

Bert

• travelmad478's Profile Photo

Rooms OK, but watch out for some issues!

I stayed one night in this hotel so that I could catch an early morning flight out of Amman after a trip to Petra. I was reasonably pleased with my room, which was spacious (although lacking tea/coffee facilities, which was unfortunate). However, there was one huge problem--my room, on the fifth floor, was on the side of the hotel that also houses the disco. I was awakened at 2 AM by the noise from the club, which got progressively louder until the place finally shut down at 4 AM. Unbelievable. Considering that I was only there to sleep, and needed to wake up at 5:30 for my flight, I have to say that I was totally unsatisfied. If you stay here for any reason, make absolutely sure that your room is on the opposite side of the hotel from the disco.

Another issue was the extortionate rate that the hotel charged for a car to the airport--JOD 30, which seemed preposterous considering that I had just paid JOD 50 to drive there all the way from Petra! I ended up taking a taxi for JOD 20. I probably could have done better, but the hotel's isolated location means that you can't catch a cab from the street--you're at the mercy of the drivers who line up to bilk the captive Holiday Inn market.

Unique Quality: The HI is a decent hotel, but the location is not the greatest. You really can't walk from the hotel to anything without traipsing down several deserted blocks and crossing a major highway.

• BenD.'s Profile Photo

If you like a good gym... don't go here.

I mentioned this in the heading but I need to emphasize that the gym is terrible. The bar is never happening. The food is the worst that have had at any hotel in town. The standard room is below par. I stayed here for two weeks before I moved into my apartment so that might have influenced my opinion.

Directions: Near Garden Street.

More about Holiday Inn Amman

A great place to start

by digitalsteve about Holiday Inn, Amman

Having stayed here for three weeks, I feel that I know the hotel very well. The service at the holiday inn is what you expect "very good". The staff were more than friendly and all speak English very well. The rooms are clean and reasonably sized. My room came with en-suite bathroom large double bed and a colour TV (loads of english, german and french speaking channels).

Breakfast is served in the "Senate" restaurent and the choice was really great. Nothing was to much trouble, if you wanted your eggs cooked a different way, they did it. Coffee and tea where on tap and after the first couple of days it just took a look to get a refill.

There are a number of bars and restaurents inside plus swimming and gym.

The only downside for me was the price they charge for internet access.

My only other tip would be "ask the price before you get in a taxi" the hotel taxis are 4 / 5 times dearer then the street taxis. As a rule of thumb you should be able to get anware in Amman for 3JD, anything over that say NO.

Jordan

by galeena1

I m coming from Lebanon to Amman through Syria by bus.
My final destination is:
MADINA AL MUNAWARAH STREET
Amman, 11194, Jordan

1- Do you know how far it is from the bus station to the hotel?
2- How much does it cost to take a cab from the station to the hotel?

thanks a lot

by jordan99

There cased taxi in the city does not exceed rent to the hotel 3 dinars

by galeena1

Shou ya3ni jawabak bil 3arabi?
3 Dinar fi ay makan fil el madinah. Arraja2 al tawdi7

shoukran

by queenpud

It won't cost more than 2JD

Good to know.
The driver tried to charge me JD 10 first so I told him to stop and was about to get off! then he asked for JD 3.5 kuz the gaz prices went up the day before.
People who have no clue might think taxi rates are the same as in NY or other places and pay a hefty price for that!!

Comments