Jordan Valley Marriott Resort & Spa

Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• FUN144's Profile Photo

No local Restaurants

It is a truly a lovely setting with the dead sea and the hotel is nicely done out and the staff are very friendly. My bug bear is the cost of its food etc, internet is about £5 for one hour no microphones or web cams for skype users, small glass of local wine £5, nothing is cheap and you get charged on top with a 16% service charge and 10% tax!!! You can't just turn up and expect to live on the cheap, the hotels have been built solely for this purpose, and you often feel you not getting the true Jordanian experience...rather the ripped off experience.

The are no local bars or restaurants and food outlets only other plush 5 star hotels. We did eat at the 4 star Dead Sea Spa resort which offered buffet for about £12 which include taxes and service charges and was very nice:)

I thinks the Marriott is a place to sample for a day or two not any longer.

The near by Kapinski Hotels is extremely opulent but it's modern minimalistic decor is very depressing

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo

Sea or spa?

This really is a splurge but, if the budget will stretch, you will enjoy it. Very new, and very opulent, the Jordan Valley Marriott is totally geared to pleasure. Whether you take your salt scrub in the Dead Sea itself or in the luxurious spa, it's very invigorating and you know it must be doing you good. Ask for a room on the pool side - the view is better. Weekends can be very busy indeed, the hotel is usually full then but if that is the only night you have, avoid the north sea-side rooms if you want a good night's sleep -the disco is on that side!

Unique Quality: There are several restaurants and bars to choose from, 3 swimming pools and a beautiful spa. The rooms are spacious and very comfortable with deep balconies - it's exactly as you would expect a 5 star hotel to be. What makes it different from a thousand other similar resorts is the Dead Sea itself. There isn't another place on earth like it.

leyle

Directions: The northern end of the Dead Sea, about 35 km from Queen Alia International Airport.

More about Jordan Valley Marriott Resort & Spa

A five star entrance to the Dead Sea

by Freja1981 about Marriott Dead Sea

I spend two days at this amazing resort on the shore of the Dead Sea. It is beautiful kept and it is SO relaxing! It is perfect for relaxing outside Amman for both expats and tourists. Outstanding facilities such as rooms and pools and the atmosphere is calming and the resorts spa facilities just makes it all better.

Not bad but not good

by TripAdvisor Member wanderlust57

The hotel has the best bed I have ever slept in inside Jordan - did not want to get out of it - nice duvets. The room could be cleaner - the furniture was a bit soiled. The grounds and pools are lovely, however, one of the whirlpools had some disgusting funky looking stuff floating around in it. The pool area was crowded with lots of Arabs and kids. More westerners tend to stay at the Movenpick next door. The spa treatments are supposed to be better here than at the Movenpicks' - but you pay more here. The food was average buffet fare.

lovely stay

by TripAdvisor Member ldea

we (2) spent two weeks there. friendly staff and lovely resort.

it was not crowded at all except for the weekends were many locals profited of swimming pools and restaurants.

in any case a visit to the movenpick is recommended. especially for the evening buffet. we had the chance to taste the iftar (breaking the fast after sunset during ramadan)..delicious.

everything else was like expected in this type of resort...

All rooms do NOT face the sea!

by TripAdvisor Member bubbles4352

First, some background information. We booked this hotel via credit card on the Internet a few months back, and got written confirmation that 'guaranteed' a King Size Bed and view of the sea. However, when we arrived Reception told us that the place was full. Despite our room guarantee, they put us into a dingy room with two small beds and a view of a carpark. This immediately made us realise two things, namely that all rooms do NOT face the sea, unlike what is stated on the hotel's advertising, and also that the Marriott's guarantees to its customers are worth nothing. The Reception duty manager said that he would arrange delivery of a fruit basket to our room, but that didn't turn up either.

This experience pretty much destroyed the enjoyment we would have had, of what is a rather nice resort hotel.

Positives:
Location is great. It is a good place to watch sunsets over the sea.
Lots of swimming pool options, and a relaxing stroll down to the Dead Sea.
The restaurants are very good. Jo's Steakhouse was excellent, and counts among the top restaurant experiences that we had in Jordan. The waiter was great, the wagyu beef was wonderful and the dessert chef personally coming to pour chocolate was a nice touch.

Negatives:
The whole check-in experience, as described above.
The rooms were pretty pokey. We suspected that the room decorator must have been paid by the number of items/paintings they could cram in.
The bars were ok, except for the staff. The sports bar had more staff than patrons. In the other bars there were times when we were effectively invisible to the staff, despite being sober, sitting in the open, and being present for some time. This happened on at least two occasions. At one stage some of the other patrons actually pointed us out to the staff, after they had gone past us a few times.

Would we go back? Sure, if we could trust them with a room booking. It's a long way to travel only to find out that your room doesn't exist.

Fantastic resort hotel in Jordan's Dead Sea area

by TripAdvisor Member Mario_Ramirez

The Marriott was a great hotel. Better than I expected. The pool is super nice and it is right on the beach. The restaurants are outstanding but make sure to reserve beforehand for dinner because they all fill up pretty fast at peak times. The rooms are what you would expect in a good Marriott resort. The spa is fabulous, albeit quite expensive.

A good option for a day trip to the dead sea

by TripAdvisor Member whateverintexas

I stayed at the Marriott in Amman, and they have a shuttle that takes guests to their Dead Sea property for a day of using the facilities (round trip cost is 16 JDs). There was some miscommunication in Amman about what I could use--I was told I could use the entire Spa faciliity for 25JD as well as the pools and beach, but when I got to the Dead Sea, I had to blag my way to using the Spa--and especially getting a locker for the camera gear I had brought with me. It was very worth it, though. The Spa's indoor pools and jacuzzi are fantastic, and the infinity pool outside overlooking the Dead Sea is GREAT! The beach is good, too--and of course the Dead Sea is peerless. My one complaint about this lovely hotel is the elaborate series of stairs--because it is tiered, you must walk up MANY flights of steps to get back up to the hotel from the Dead Sea. This takes the relaxation away from the experience. Even though this is billed as a hotel for theaputic tourism, there is no way that handicapped or invalid people--or old or out-of-shape people--could maneuver these stairs. They should have a golf cart carry people up and down (like in Israel at Ein Gedi). The beach is also somewhat steep--since they've taken the time to alter the landscape and create "beach" access to the normally rocky and salt-encrusted Dead Sea, I think they should go all the way and make it more comfortable. There's no way, for example, my 74 year old mother could have negotiated her way into the water without falling. Still--this is a GORGEOUS hotel with outstanding faciliities--I think I'll stay a few days here on my next trip to Jordan (I hope!)

Good overnight choice at the Dead Sea

by TripAdvisor Member Frqnt-trvller

My friend and I stayed at the Marriott for one night in July.

The hotel was comfortable, but by no means exceptional. The rooms were clean and comfortable with all the usual amenities. The pool area is landscaped, but designed more for lounging than actual swimming. There is also a separate pool for adults only, but at the time I was there, it was being occuppied by a couple of obnoxious Jordanian teenagers and I chose to give it a miss.

There are many steep steps to walk down to get to the Dead Sea itself, which could be a problem for older travellers. However, considering the Dead Sea is the lowest point on earth, this made a lot of sense!

We had lunch at the Italian restaurant, which was lovely - very attentive staff and good food.

The best part of the hotel has got to be the Spa, offering a wide range of treatments and friendly and competent staff. Try the Dead Sea mud wrap - divine!

Little old in places but still great

by TripAdvisor Member Hornet22

Every time I have stayed at the Dead Sea I have stayed at the Marriott. Purely beacause I love the 2 storey 2 bedroom suites looking over the Dea Sea and the kids absolutely love the pools. We have stayed here every time we travel through Amman and the kids love the Champions Sports bar for lunch and Il Terrazo for dinner. There is a kids play area just next to the restaraunt so the kids love to climb and play while we relax. There is also a shisha area where belly dancing and music is played at night. Rooms do get a bit noisy late in the night but ask for one further away and you will be okay. Breakfast is great in the morning but a good tip is to get there early. Swimmimg in the Dead Sea is good for the adults although the little ones really do not enjoy it all that much. The rooms are a little ragged around the edges and need renovation but we hardly spend any time in there as we were hanging out around the pool most of the time. Staff are great and although not close to town for shopping you can go for a drive to Mt Nebo which is really pleasant at sun set.

Chili Ways - Dead Sea

by james315

Appreciate if someone can let me know if Chili Ways still has a branch at Dead Sea (Jordan). I read from internet that Chili Ways has a branch near Holiday Inn (Dead Sea Jordan), but not sure if it is still there. Chili Ways has a website but it does not list Dead Sea as a location where they have a branch.

I will be staying at Marriott Dead Sea. Was told that food is expensive in this part of Jordan and there are no cheaper restaurant options around Marriott.

Thank you.

Re: Chili Ways - Dead Sea

by MarinaDS

Hello there:)))))

I can confirm that there is a branch of Chili Ways at Dead Sea. Had dinner there in June.It is really cheaper there. Enjoy your stay at Dead Sea:))))))

Re: Chili Ways - Dead Sea

by james315

Many thanks, MarinaDS. That's great...I am sure to eat at Chili Way's when i am at the Dead Sea next week.

Comments