Abdul Hamid Shouman St, Shmeisani, Amman, 11194, Jordan

Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• MM212's Profile Photo

Good value for money...

While not the best this luxury chain has to offer, the Kempinski Amman is great value for money. The rooms cost between $170 and $180 for doubles, including taxes, and may or may not include breakfast depending on the rate. The hotel comes with a lot of the luxury amenities of a five star hotel, but feels a lot less 'wonderful' than other Kempinski Hotels I've stayed at (e.g. in Istanbul and Dubai). I suppose the price per room is commensurate with the service, so I would stay here again mainly because of the value for money, but not because I am in love with the hotel. At the end of my tour of Jordan in Dec 2010/Jan 2011, I returned to the Kempinski for two more nights on a 'Weekend Rate' obtained online. It included breakfast and a late checkout of 5pm, which was a great convenience for an evening flight out of Amman. I must say that this was a very nice touch.

• SariWadi's Profile Photo

A nice hotel, yet services need to be improved !

This is a nice and beautiful hotel located in a very quiet area in Amman. It is close to several shops, restaurants, cafes and other utilities.

* A few staff seem to be in need for more training on dealing with residents. I was in the executive floor and each time I use the Executive Lounge the staff would ask me if I am allowed to have access to the Lounge or not even though my agreement with the hotel was that I do have access to the Exe. Lng. as long as I am staying in the Exe. Flr. I had no other choice but to reminde the staff there of my reservation details !

* When I wanted to pay 3 nights in advance to get rid of some cash with me I was surprised that the receptionist doesn't know that I am entitled for free room internet access which has already been agreed with the hotel ! Again, I had to reminde him of my reservation details !

* An important message was left to me with one of the receptionists, but that was never delivered to me.

People are friendly and Amman is a nice city which you will enjoy.

Sari

Unique Quality: The restaurant are well equipped and well located.

The view is not that much, the hotel is surrounded be residential areas, yet it is very quiet and nice.

• Kempinski Dead Sea Resort

This superlarge resort was beautiful and an exellent choice if you are planning to visit the Dead Sea.

I stayed there (7- 9 March 2009) and I absolutly loved it! I highly recommend it!

Besides the wonderful Dead Sea you have 9 different swimmingpools (each with at least one lifeguard on duty). The staff is superfriendly and helpful with a smile on their faces.

The breakfast buffet was exellent : lots of fresh fruit and juices, traditional arabic food, live-cooking, pancakes/waffles, ham/cheese, cereals, lots of diffrent tea etc. Delicious!

The dinnerbuffet was also very very nice and I can also recommend trying the Gorgonzola italian-style pizza in the Mediterrainan restaurant beside one of the pools. Excellent food and service!

They have a SPA, one of the biggest ones in the Middle East. I didn't go though because the prices where very high. And you can have your own spa right next to the Dead Sea. Just spoil yourself with the endless mud and enjoy! Your skin will turn supersmooth!

The rooms were excellent, very big with many funny designs. The entire hotel is a mecka for architectures, it is wonderful.

One of the best facilities is the complimentary mini-bar (lots of soda, water, beer and snacks) which gets refilled everyday. Or you can just ask for some extra when the refillcart is nearby and they will tell you with a smile on their faces to take all you need.

• jlanza29's Profile Photo

Good Service, Rooms just OK

The Kempinski Hotel in Amman has average rooms, a bit on the small side, but the service is good, not the very best but good. The Hotel only has 1 breakfast options, and very expenisive option. 16 JOD for Breakfast that's about $22 US......the surrounding neighborhood is full of banks, but was able to find a bakery near...overall a good stay...borderline if I would stay there again. We paid 104 JOD for a room with 2 single beds....I found this rate on there web-site.

• Rezagholi's Profile Photo

Kempinski Hotel Ishtar- Dead Sea - Jordan

The Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea offers three luxurious enclaves set amidst gardens dotted with lagoons, waterfalls and private pools, where ancient olive trees mingle with bamboo palms, providing guests with absolute privacy in a serene and exclusive setting.

Designed in affectionate tribute to the Hanging Gardens of Babylon, the Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea is built with local stone boasting 318 rooms and suites within a stylish Arabesque monument building that weaves clean and simple lines into an Arabian theme. . For a more luxurious and exclusive stay, the hotel offers Ishtar Villas (a boutique resort) designed with a tasteful contemporary decor.
    All Rooms and suites benefit from stunning views of the Dead Sea with spacious patios or balconies – the perfect places to enjoy the Dead Sea’s dramatic sunsets.

Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea is set to redefine luxury service in the lowest point on earth at the highest of levels.

Unique Quality: Ishtar Villas

This masterpiece of Babylonian inspiration is carved in local stone and offers a total of 117 Rooms & Suites with balconies, terraces or verandas, all facing the Dead Sea, where guests can choose from a variety of categories:
    82 Ishtar Superior Rooms
    8 Ishtar Deluxe Rooms
    11 Ishtar Teracce Rooms
    6 Ishtar Suites
    4 Ishtar Spa Rooms
    4 Ishtar Beach Chalets
    2 Ishtar Royal Villas
    Rooms and bathrooms throughout the Resort blend local materials with contemporary luxury.

Luxury Amenities and State-of-the-art Technology

All Rooms enjoy a vast array of amenities and facilities:
    • Exclusive Luxury Bathroom Amenities
    • Complimentary Minibar
    • Complimentary High Speed Internet Access
    • Complimentary Local Newspaper
    • Designer Tea and Coffee-making Facilities
    • VIP Welcome Tray
    • Laptops and iPods on request (against a charge)
    • Kids' VIP Welcome Set
    • Turn-down Service
    • Butler Service available on call
    • Farewell Ishtar Gift
    Adjoining rooms are available upon request at the time of check-in.

Restaurants & Bars

Culinary delights and the finest beverages await you at the Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea where food & beverage outlets are meticulously complemented with immaculate service and breathtaking views. Enjoy a mouth-watering buffet or an a la carte menu from a wide range of International and National cuisine indulgences prepared by our Award-winning team of chefs.

More about Kempinski Hotel Amman

Disappointing but not totally bad experience

by TripAdvisor Member CarolineLondon

We stayed at this hotel on the last night of our holiday - a tour of Egypt and Jordan. We made an effort to get to the hotel reasonably early so that we could relax by the pool in the afternoon but check-in took at least an hour. Also, the pool was closed for cleaning so that scotched our plan. The security and building is good and modern and the room was nice. However we found the service to be lacking - very disinterested staff and the Cuban restaurant and bar was closed on the night we stayed (Saturday night) with no explantation why. We did not get breakfast as we had an early flight so cannot comment on that but the food in the Italian restaurant was I would say pretty average. Not a terrible hotel overall but probably best for business travellers not tourists.

Pleasant stay in a nice neighbourhood

by TripAdvisor Member Brightrob

I stayed in this hotel for one night during my two week long trip around the Middle East. The hotel is sitauted in a pleasant neighbourhood very close to some nice cafes, shops and restaurants.

Although the hotel seems to have security gates, they don't seem to be stringent at all. We arrived in the hotel through the side entrance with our bags, someone asked us to open our bags, put his hand in each bag, took it out and told us to proceed to the reception desk.

Our check-in process was very average. There was only one receptionist of duty. When he saw us appraching his desk, he picked up a phone and started dialling a number rather than dealing with us.

Our room was pleasant with a very nice view of the city.

The hotel looks very modern. Nice toiletries and slippers in the room.

Cold, in a very busy business district

by TripAdvisor Member DubaiVikram

I travel to Amman often and hve tried several of its five star hotels.the Kempinski is the least inviting out of the one i tried, though its a modern hotel. Lobby is small, and very cold, rooms are nice but the restaurants are very average. Durng day time the area is very crowded with cars, and at night, it gets quite but still not pleasant. The area is filled with cheap cafe filled with Hubbly Bubbly smokers.

Amman has more to offer than the Kempinki, intercon and the Regency have nice happening restaurants, so is the Hyatt.

Nice room, Nice houskeeping staff, nice Executive Floor staff; that's it.

by TripAdvisor Member josef3

I stayed here for a few days on my way to Frankfurt. The hotel is in the business district. It looks new and the room was large and clean. Everything in the room was in very good condition so I am assuming that the hotel is fairly new. Stayed on the Executive floor. The staff on the floor itself were very nice as was housekeeping. Other than that, it was all rather impersonal and lobby staff were pleasant but cold. When I first arrived in my room, I had no idea what amenities were available and there was no literature in the room to describe the perks for reserving an Executive floor room. When I called downstairs, I believe my question was lost in translation. I am returning to Amman in a few months and plan on staying at the Four Seasons; colleagues and friends have raved about it.

Comments