Larsa Hotel

Booking.com Orbitz.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• xaver's Profile Photo

A bad experience

My travel mates usually let me chose the hotel as they say I have a sixth sense for the best place at the best price. This is the proof they are wrong. I knew this place was not central but I had no idea it was that far from the center, practically one hour drive in the rush hours to arrive at citadel. We paid a double room 50€ breakfast included and this was the good side as it was cheap.
    Room was big but in the bathroom you had no heating and outside it was snowing. Wi-Fi never really worked in the room.
    Staff was so nice that at my request to call a taxi I have been answered: our driver is busy, you can go outside and catch a taxi, so me innocent asked again: sorry can't you call a taxi? I pay the telephone call if this is the problem. And the kind guy: no it takes time.
    So we walked 600 meters under the snow and reached the main road where it was possible to meet some taxis.
    www.larsahotel.net
    Address Al Jandaweel 48 Um Mutaweh street
    info@larsahotel.net

More about Amman

Ruins at the CitadelRuins at the Citadel

Local tourists at the street vendorsLocal tourists at the street vendors

Hotel Entrance, close to Al SalaamHotel Entrance, close to Al Salaam

The entrance to books@cafe.The entrance to books@cafe.

Amman to Petra, Aqaba

by mitata

Hi,

We are a couple. Can anyone please advise how I can get or which is the best way to go Aqaba through Petra from Amman.

Is car rental expensive? How much is cost just for one day?
If I rent a car, is it possible to deliver the car in my final destination Aqaba?

Thx
Mitat

by solkuz

We were in Jordan last month and hired a taxi which took us from northern Jordan (Jarash) to Aqaba via Petra , Wadi Rum etc. The Jordanian driver spoke excellent English. His name is: Moeen K. Hasan. He can meet you at the Amman airport and take you anywhere in Jordan.

Mobile phone # from outside Jordan: 00962 795660651
inside Jordan: 0795660651
email :omar_jovac@yahoo.com

The hiways in Jordan are uncongested and easy to navigate, but the cities can be a bit of a nightmare. Don't know anything about car rentals.

by cafank

We did the trip in reverse - hired a car and driver from Petra to Amman but from Aquaba to Petra we shared a service taxi with another tourist.

Both were quick and cheap, we didn't evven consider hiring, the guys at the local taxi centre were really helpful, spoke good English and took us exactly where we wanted. We just fronted up at the depot in the morning.

by onfoot

You have 2 options:
1- Use local transportation,
Amman - Petra: you can take the bus from Wehdat bus station (or sometimes called south station), it's 4 JDs
OR you can take the JETT bus to Petra leaves everyday at 6:30am arriving at Petra around 9:30 (8 Jds one way) leaves from Abdalli - Jett company.
Petra - Aqaba: you can take the local buses to Aqaba, last one leaves around 5pm ... but you need to check as times changes in summer (so just ask when you first set foot in Petra about the Aqaba buses times)

2- Rent a car: AVIS has offices in Amman & Aqaba (both at airports and inside the city), so you should have no problem leaving your car in Aqaba after your trip is over. Prices also changes depending on the season and how long you want it for but it will cost no less than 40 JDs/day
Consult their website www.avis.com

by leffe3

We hired a car in Amman and left it in Aqaba.

Getting out of Amman itself was a bit hairy, but once we hit the open road, it was an uncongested breeze. Take the old KIng's Highway to Petra via Madaba and Karak: if you have time, break the journey and stay overnight in Karak.

When you say cost of car for one day, are you therefore considering driving from Amman to Aqaba via Petra in one day? SUch a schedulw would give you time for nothing!

by mondeo8

We will be in Jordan for 3 days.
I need a Taxi dith driver who will take us to all the important places in Jordan. Arrange for accomodation also.
Does any one know some reliable person?

Travel Tips for Amman

Amman Tip

by titti

la svissera!!!:
a blond wandering in front of Al Hussein Mosque ... not exactly Jordan-related ... 'simply' a friend waiting for me ... I was late ... so she had a great opportunity to collect lots of compliments ...

An Islamic Country

by PierreZA

Jordan has a rich religious history. Located between Mecca, the holiest place on earth for Muslims, and Jerusalem, which is sacred to Muslims, Jews and Christians, Jordan has played a central role in religious history of the Middle east.
It is important to know that more than 90% of Jordanians are Muslim. Do respect the local customs in this regard, although Jordan is quite liberal for a Middle Eastern Muslim country.

Valleys near near The Dead Sea

by Pakistaniguy

When you reach dead sea. There are many places where u can stop your car and take the bath. There is one place where you have to pay some money to go to the sea. We didn't go there. Instead of that we asked our driver to take us somewhere where we can easily take bath without paying any moey. So, he continued driving on the same road which brought us to Dead sea and after 20 mins drive we passed this beautiful valley. On our way, back we especially stopped here and did some trekking and exploring the Middle Eastern mountains. It was sooo beautiful to go there inside the valley. It was even mentioned in the Lonely planet guide as well. You must go there too.

Taxis

by shotgunsally

Taxis are the best way to get around the city, but be prepared to pay for them. Make sure the driver turns on his meter and you see his taxi identification someplace. As a woman travelling alone, the cabs were great! However, one insisted I go have chai with him in the social centre of town. This is NEVER a good idea. Though culture is changing rapidly there, a woman and man in public is a sign of their engagement to one another. I did not go, and claimed to be married already. ALWAYS have an escort, preferably male.
Another cab became so lost trying to find my hotel from my horrible directions that he asked 3 of the major hotel doormen in Shemesseni(?) district where it was before finding the place. He spoke little English and I spoke little Arabic. The meter read 4JD before I arrived at my hotel, which should have read 2JD, max. He gave me the ride free of charge.
Women should try not to sit in the front with the driver, generally. There are exceptions, but some drivers take this as an invitation to make advances.
Meter fares are not arguable generally, do not sport with the driver's intellegence and try to haggle.

Taxi

by Vabate

To go almost anywhere in Amman, a taxi fare is approximately 1JD.

From Abdali Bus Station to downtown, the fare is 0.5JD.

The Taxi Driver is required by law to put the meter on. The Meter price is always less - example from old Souk to Jama Janoub Bus Station is just over 1JD, the driver will offer you a flat rate of 2JD.

Women should sit in the back seat - always - even if the driver suggests you sit in the front. Don't be shy about this - Jordanian respect assertive women.

Taxis are yellow, service cars are white - which are basically shared taxis.

Comments