Queen Noor Street, Shmeisani, PO Box 950629, Amman, 11195, Jordan

Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• ViajesdelMundo's Profile Photo

as always, PLUSH comfort

my room was quite large, wonderful comfortable bed and linens; also large bathroom with bidet, and a dressing room and very plush decor and all amenities of course.

Since I was on a group tour, we had dinner arranged here, but I had friends who live here take me out; so I only had their buffet breakfast, which was quite extensive and fresh eggs, omelets, etc. cooked to order and wide range of fruits and breads, as well as other hot dishes.

Their lobby is huge and beautiful, but I forgot to take pictures, altho you can see on their website.

There is WIFI in the rooms, but for a fee. When I tried to log on, it wouldn't happen, so I sat on the phone with an assistant who also could not get it to connect, so she sent a Technician to the room immediately, and after fiddling a little, he finally got it connected.......but for the inconvenience, the hotel did NOT charge me for the hour I used it!

Unique Quality: Sauna, Spa, Massage and Facial Treatments all available.

Indoor/Outdoor pools.

Many restaurants.

• MiguelMV's Profile Photo

Known to be Amman's best hotel

Modern luxury hotel in one of the wealthiest areas of the city. Rooms are big and well equiped; maybe bathrooms aren't as great as the rest, but still, pretty good. Superb buffet breakfast and for those who, like me, had half board, dinner at La Brasserie is a very good experience.

Unique Quality: Nice views of the city from upper floor rooms. Try to ask for a room facing back (very nice views too), and try to avoid those with views to Queen Noor Street, because it has really heavy traffic and it can get really noisy at some times.

Swimming pool and spa are quite nice too.

Fantastic lobby, a very nice place to have a drink.

• Review by a OneTime.com User from saudi arabia

ÇÑÓá áßã åÐÇ ÇáÈÑíÏ áÇÚÈÑ Úä ãÏì ÔßÑí æÊÞÏíÑí áßã Úáì ÍÓä ÇáÊÚÇãá ÇááÐí áÞíÊå Ýí ÑÍÇÈ ÝäÏßã æÇáÔßÑ ãæÕæá ááÇÎ ÇãÌÏ ÕÇáÍ ãä ÞÓã ÇÓÊÞÈÇá ÇáÝäÏÞ æÇíÖÇð ááÓíÏ Çíãä ãä ÞÓã ßæÝí Èåæ ÇáÝäÏÞ æÇááÐíä ÇÔÚÑæäí æßÃäí ÇÓßä Ýí ÈíÊí Ýáåã ãäí ÌÒíá ÇáÔßÑ
    ÇãáÇð áÝäÏÞßã ÇáÚÒíÒ ãíÑíÏíÇä ßá ÇáÊæÝíÞ æÇáÇÒÏåÇÑ

ÇáãåäÏÓ / Úáí ÑÇÔÏ Âá åÊíáå
    last visit on March, 2005.

More about Le Meridien Amman

Le Meridien Amman: Known to be Amman's best hotel

by MiguelMV about Le Meridien Amman

The only bad thing is that there's nothing of big interest nearby the hotel, as Amman's main touristic spots are in the City Centre (old town) while most of the best hotels are in the new neighbourhoods. Nice views of the city from upper floor rooms. Try to ask for a room facing back (very nice views too), and try to avoid those with views to Queen Noor Street, because it has really heavy traffic and it can get really noisy at some times.

Swimming pool and spa are quite nice too.

Fantastic lobby, a very nice place to have a drink.

Jordan holiday

by TripAdvisor Member snowbirdDerbyshire

We have reasantly returned from a wonderful holiday touring Jorda. The first three nights were spent at the Le Meridien Amman,where I found to my horror I was sharing my bed with some very unwelcome visitors BED BUGS,the first morning Ithought I had scratched my leg when I saw blood on the bedding ,but when it happened next morning we investigated and found the bugs. We changed rooms, the manager was quite concerned but I got the immpression that it had happened before. The manager said some one would contact me, I told him if they didnt I would put it on the internet .We were in room 215 north wing. The rest of the holiday was wonderful.

Worst 5 stars Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member TravelingAddict1

I decided to write this note to share my experience with the travelers to Amman who are looking for a five stars hotel. I have recently stayed in Le Meridien Amman thinking that its is one of the best 5 stars hotels as recommended by my travel agent. Unfortunately it was not the case at all. When I first arrived, I was told that I have no reservation although I have already paid for may stay in advance. Isn't this a terrible welcome!! I had to wait for more few hours in the lobby until they solved the issue.

Another issue has to do with the staff working at the reception. They are not presentable at all and they do not give enough attention to people. If you try to contact them from your room, they would never answer. At least that is what happened to me. I believe that if the mangement does not change those staff or at least warn them, it will back fire on the hotel. When I wanted to check out. I had troubles too!! They added things to my bill that I have never ordered!

To be fair I need to say that staff working in the "Concierge section" are very helpful, the lobby is nice and the breakfast buffet is rich.

All in all, if you want to stay in a 5 stars hotel with all what a 5 stars ranking means, I do not recommend Meridien Amman at all. As far as I am concrened, It was the first time that I stay in this hotel and I am sure that it is going to be the last. For me, it is the worst 5 stars hotel that I have ever stayed in!

Not your father's Meridien

by TripAdvisor Member TelAvivTraveler

We were terribly disappointed by the Meridien Amman. We stayed for one night during a recent tour of Jordan and expected a lot more than we got. Where to begin?

We got into our room and two lights were not working. The bell man promised to send someone to fix them. No one ever showed up. The TV was hard to use and I hadn't seen such a junky TV since I stayed in a B&B in Europe. The make-up mirror in the bathroom was broken and the hair dryer didn't work. There was no clock in the room, except for the one on the TV and we couldn't figure out how to change it so the time was correct. My mother was with us and stayed next door and found her room in a similar state of disrepair. In fact, she never got her TV to work.

For dinner we ate in the steak house. Considering that the ambient noise level of life in the Middle East is loud, we couldn't figure out why the restaurant was blasting techno music, especially since there was no one else in the restaurant. We figured it was for the staff.

We went to take a swim or a jacuzzi but both were out of order. I took a steam bath and found the showers in the locker room were broken.

Breakfast was a nightmare. We arrived when all the tour groups were there and it was chaos. Loud music being pumped into the dining room didn't help either. Shared tables are obligatory and though there were no ash trays on the tables, a lot of people were just smoking anyway. By the way, the hotel generally stinks of smoke because there seem to be no limits on places where people are permitted to smoke.

As for all the compliments about the staff; we certainly didn't see anything to rave about. At check-out I had to wait while a number of desk staff engaged in an animated discussion and pointedly ignored me.

We have traveled a lot and know what to expect, but our advice is to avoide the Meridien if you have a choice.

Mediocre Hotel, With Great Staff

by TripAdvisor Member goldkold

I wanted so bad to give this hotel a higher rating, if only for its staff enthusiasm and friendliness but unfortunately the hotel's problems are just too many to ignore. The hotel has a nice lobby and a huge variety of restaurants and 2 very pleasant swimming pools, but that is where the good thins stop.

My room was huge and looked great when I entered it, but nothing seemed to work in it. The water in the shower took ages to get hot, the shower head changed power at will, the toliletries were meagre and not replenished enough. The bed was OK, but the TV was from the stone age.

The hotel looks like a 5 star but certainly doesn't provide the services of one.

The staff however was friendly, helpful and good looking!

Excellent and top notch!

by TripAdvisor Member ghnad

Amazing Hotel. Excellent and welcoming lobby and great service at front desk. Rooms are spacious and well furnished, very luxurious and comfortable. All food outlets in the hotel are exceptional expecially the Chinese restaurant. The manager there at the time, Mr Akeel ensured that I received perfect attention, always and treated like VIP. Thank You.
Dont miss out on this hotel you will not regret it!

Why the Bad Reviews?

by TripAdvisor Member NJ_Visitor

I stayed at the hotel for business. Admittedly, this was my first trip to Jordan, let alone the Middle East. So I had no expectations and was somewhat wary especially when seeing the recent negative reviews on this site. I can say that my experience was excellent and exceeded expectations. The staff is incredibly out-going and friendly and try to do anything and everything they can do to may your stay pleasant from the moment I arrived (hot hand towels upon arrival to freshen up) to the moment I departed (arranging for a car to the airport at the last minute because my scheduled ride did not arrive).

Facilities were very good – no problems with shower water or anything else. Drinking water was complementary and copious amounts were provided. Surprisingly, tipping was not required or even necessary. The staff seems to do their work out of sheer joy. Even the housekeeping staff in the hall would stop whatever they were doing to greet me as I walked past them. If anything, the service level dropped a bit during the early part of the work week because many tour groups descended upon the hotel and I think the hotel staff was simply overwhelmed. As the tour groups left, the service level returned.

The hotel has five restaurants. The breakfast buffet is enormous and high quality (complementary breakfast included). You could easily have a full breakfast and not need to eat for the rest of the day. The restaurant food overall is excellent. At the sushi bar in the Benihana restaurant, I was regularly given plates of sushi to ‘sample” at no charge. The Lebanese restaurant food was unbelievably good as was the food in the Chinese restaurant. There is even a Starbucks in the lobby.

If there were any negatives, one would be that there is not much nearby the hotel. To get to an area of restaurants and some shopping is about a ten to fifteen minute walk. The pool and patio portion of the Lebanese restaurant was outside my room window. Every evening there was a live Lebanese band playing until about midnight. With the window closed, the noise was muffled.

If this hotel is not so highly-rated, I cannot imagine how much better the service could be at the higher rated hotels given my experience during my stay at the Le Meridien.

Great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Dagwoods_daughter

I have just stayed for two nights at this hotel, and I considered it fine – not super-luxurious like the two Moevenpicks I stayed at in Petra and the Dead Sea, but perfectly fine. When my friend and I first arrived, we had a problem because we were given a room with a double bed instead of twin beds, but the porter who had accompanied us to the room got us switched in minutes, without any hassle.

Hotel Le Meridien AmmanHotel Le Meridien Amman