Amman Hotels

Our Members Say

• xaver profile photo xaver
  • Reviews: 1222

Hotel Clermont: Dirty

I stopped in this hotel a few hours in the afternoon as I had a late night flight nd did not want to stay in the airport.
I wanted something cheap as I was not going to stay long and it was cheap 50€ a double room, but I cannot reccomend this place.
It's central rooms have a small kitchen an d the wi-fi worked good. Anyway room was dirty and there was just one dirty towel in the toilette.
Tel. 962-6-5522750
Email: info@clermont.com.jo

• Written January 7, 2014

hotel room

• polux007 profile photo polux007
  • Reviews: 2

Jordan Guest House - Amman: Best B&B in Amman

This B&B is a true dream. Like a lot of other countries, there not that much information available to organize your trip in a efficient way. At their place, first you feel at home. Secondly the advices you get is even more efficient as the best travel agency you can find.

Brigitte, as a professionnal cook, provides you with THE Breakfast !
Room are very comfortable and nicely decorated. There is also a lot of reading material and maps to help you plan your trip.

Jean-Jacques gets you taxis to collect you from airport or drop off and even to take you anywhere in Jordan. They provide you with reliable RENT A CAR company delivering recent a new car.

The location is also great. Although they are in a residential area, we could easily find public taxi and the location is close the the oldest Mall of Amman with supermarket and several restaurants. It was also very close to the highway so we could to start our trip to the South or North of Jordan very easily.

If you want a real welcoming experience in Amman, then this is the place to go.

Here are the main reasons I publish this information:

- Super welcoming couple who run the B&B in a professional way.
- You feel as part of the family right away.
- The rooms are wonderful, clean with private bathroom.
- The breakfast was absolutely delicious and comparable to 5 stars Hotel
- The owners provided great insight and precious tips into what to see and where to go in Jordan.
- The owners advice a reliable rental car company
- They provide with ideas of where to stay and eat (super local restaurant)
- Friends of them can welcome you to the Wonderful Petra, Wadi Rum and Jerash
- If lucky they ask you the join them in a Wadi Rum Week-end - simply a sensational experience !

I hope to be able to visit them again.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Family Travel, Desert
  • Written November 6, 2011

Wadi Rum Camp with JJ

• polux007 profile photo polux007
  • Reviews: 2

Jordan Travel Bedouin Camp: Amazing experience in a 1000 star hotel

The location is beautiful but you have to realize this is a camp. Once you realize this camp is really about being with nature, you enjoy it for all of it's beauty. Hiking hills, walking in the desert, enjoy the sights etc. Watch the sunset which I recommend. At night hung out with the Bedouins just outside the camp. They shared their fire and tea with us. This experience was like nothing else.
Thanks to the Jordan Guest House in Amman to share this place with us !

Very simple and humble place, live it just as it is.
Very welcoming young couple, speaks english and french
Very professional in the visit of Wadi Rum
Everything can be done, just ask for !
Climbing, Hiking, Trekking, camel ride, horse ride and of course the famous 4x4 tour.
Sunset view superb
Food simple but delicious and traditional.

• Related to: Desert, Mountain Climbing, Hiking and Walking
  • Written November 6, 2011

See at wake up

• chizz profile photo chizz
  • Reviews: 451

Serviced appartments: Crystal Suites, Amman

Clean and comfortable serviced appartments close to the city centre of Amman. Complete with kitchenette and cleaned daily. Free parking and coffee shop. Prices start at 53 Jordanian Dinars (approx. £37) for a 1 bedroom suite.

Clean and tidy. Close to centre. Good value.

• Written April 3, 2008

• polakita profile photo polakita
  • Reviews: 16

Sydney Hostel: Backpacker's hostel

Its a backpacker's standard. We had a bathroom in the room with a balcony. There was always water on the floor of the bathroom and not always hot water. The price was less than USD 10 (wthout breakfast) in 2005. But the staff were very friendly with us, spent a lot of time talking to us and giving us tips, just like friends, they also stored our luggage when we needed. Before we left for the return trip, they encouraged me to stay, and I did feel like prolonging my stay :)

It is located close to the downtown (5-10 min walk) and close to the main Amman monuments (Roman theatre). It is however far from the posh district (Jabal Amman)

• Related to: Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written August 2, 2007

• bertlord profile photo bertlord
  • Reviews: 4

Samiramiss Hotel: Budget Hotel with good service

I was made known of the Samiramiss Hotel by a taxi driver. He took me there and talked with the staff. The normall price for a suite is 95 JD but he talked them down to 50 JD per night. I thanked my taxi driver and we stayed at the hotel for six days.

The hotel is nice with good service. There is no pampering and no internet service in the rooms. The resturant is best to stay away from as the food their is not good quality. Across the street back in a shopping plaze is a little internet cafe where you can check your email and do whatever else you need on a computer.

The hotel staff is very nice and it is easy to catch a cab out in front of the hotel. The hotel is located on Garden Street next to Al Wahaa Circle.

• Written March 11, 2007

• kentishgirl profile photo kentishgirl
  • Reviews: 1390

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Kings Hostel: Tip Is dont Stay There!

Out of all of the places which I have stayed so far - on my entire trip, this hostel is the only one where I had the unfortunate experience of encountering Bedbugs....Yep thats right, there were blood stains on the mattress and the walls - oh it was so disgusting....the only reason that I actually think I put up with this hole is because I was so sick and really couldnt go in search of somewhere to stay.

I do hope that this place has since cleaned itself up. The staff were so very helpful - the guy at reception wrote down directions for me in Arabic in case I got lost and needed help. For bus and travel info the day we headed down to the dead sea they were invaluable.

Bathrooms here were shared and suprisingly clean!

Location was perfect - in the heart of downtown -with loud Arabic music blasting day and night, tons of little local shops and businesses and some cracking eateries that were small, clean cheap and tasty on the doorstep.

JUST GET RID OF THE BEDBUGS!!!

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written January 16, 2007

• Janani profile photo Janani
  • Reviews: 176

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Al Saraya Hotel: A Friendly Helpful Place

I read of the hotel on this website and emailed to see if I could take a room for one night there and transport from the airport, following my arrival in the country. I had heard that Amman was very busy at that time of year, so I was very pleased to receive an almost immediate response, stating that rooms were available and offering to help with other information and any advice I needed about the area. I was having trouble finding out about the train from Amman to Damascus, so when I replied to confirm my booking, I asked about this. Again I received a fast and helpful reply with all the information I needed but this was only a small taste of all the useful advice and assistance I received regarding my planned itinerary, transportation and accommodation, both in Syria and Jordan, once I was there and my visit to the area was made much easier than if I had just relied on the guide books. Another advantage was the delicious coffee that usually accompanied the advice! I returned to the hotel after visiting Syria and again before I flew home from Jordan, after visiting Petra.

The rooms I stayed in were of a good size, with air conditioning and attached bathrooms. I found the beds comfortable and the bed linen clean. Breakfast was included in the cost and consisted of coffee or tea, juice, fruit, yoghurt, eggs, local bread and jam. I also felt very safe staying here on my own.

The hotel was well located for visiting the places I planned to see in Amman; it is only a few minutes walk from the Roman Amphitheatre and Hashemite Square. Amman is also an ideal centre from which you can visit many other places of interest in Jordan, such as Madaba and the Desert Castles.

• Related to: Historical Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written February 28, 2006

Logo

• XtravelloverX profile photo XtravelloverX
  • Reviews: 33

Al-Saraya Hotel: Al-Saraya: Amman's MOST Affordable, Friendly Hotel

UPDATE: THIS HOTEL IS NOW CLOSED! Please contact Fayez at his new hotel: New Park Hotel in Amman, I'm sure the service is 5*, as well.

**********************************

We stayed at this hotel for three wonderful nights. According to The Jordan Hotel Association this is a one-star hotel. I will agree, it is one star, with SEVEN-star (*******)hospitality. I am not kidding, Mr. Fayez Al-Kayyali made our entire trip with his warmth, knowledge and openness. We spent many hours drinking tea or wine, smoking cigars (my husband!) and talking about politics and travel in the area, as well as many other topics.

We enjoyed our time with Fayez at the Al-Saraya Hotel so much that on our last night in Jordan, after traveling to Syria, Israel and Petra, we took a taxi from Petra to see Fayez one last time before going to the airport. He even gave us a key to a room for a short time so we could change our clothes from touring Petra all day. For that evening, he arranged a dinner with many hotel guests and 12 of us had banquet style meal together dining on hummus, lamb, grilled vegetables, falafel, etc. We shared stories and travel tips. It was a fantastic night.

It's important that you know how genuine Fayez and all the people we encountered in Jordan are. When we return to Amman to visit other sites unseen in the area, we will definitely stay here again.

There are 52 rooms in this hotel and we had a room on the third floor in the back of the hotel that was away from street noise, AM prayers and had an excellent view of King Abdallah's compound.

There is a front desk staff that is helpful and willing to mail postcards back home for you and an elevator for those too tired to take the stairs to their room. *Wake up phone call is available too. *Each floor has a sitting area for you to rest should you find that Fayez is not in his office, as I highly recommend you to pay a visit to him in his office for a cup of tea and chat. *Breakfast is available each morning, however, we rose too early each day to take advantage. Take him up on his restaurant recommendations!!! FYI: There is also a small shop across the street from the hotel to buy water, pop, chocolate, chips, etc. And a falafel stand selling bags for mere cents!

The bed was comfortable, the TV had two or three satellite channels in English. The shower was hot, soap and shampoo are provided. The bathroom has a bidet although it was not used, so I am unsure if it operates well. We were there in winter so the heating was fine. The rooms have A/C, as well.

HOTEL IS HELPFUL WITH DAYTRIP OPTIONS:
Fayez has many friends and contacts and will put a driver and good price together for you to travel to Petra or Damascus, Syria (for the day like we did) or to Jerash or even the King Hussein Bridge (like we did).

PRICES:
-->Airport pickup is available for 15JD. (approx. $21usd)
-->Hotel's nightly rate was 18JD w/breakfast and taxes included. (approx. $26usd)
-->The hotel also offers Internet for 1JD. (approx. $1.5usd)

He accepts cash in various currencies and will hold your bags should you need to continue touring before trotting off to the airport. And lastly, *Fayez has printed business cards with his hotel contact information in English on one side and in Arabic on the other. This comes in handy when you're out and about hailing a cab and the driver is unsure about the hotel's location. :)

• Related to: Historical Travel, Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written December 8, 2005

Sign of Al-Saraya Hotel, Amman, Jordan

• THLIN profile photo THLIN
  • Reviews: 341

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

al-Saraya: VTer's Hotel...

Their service is very good. The manager is a VTer sarhot. (Fayez) He is a very nice guy. If you have any question, you can just ask hime wheather in his hotel or on the Internet.
He can speak fluent English, Italian and some French, but not even a single Chinese. :-)
Their room is clean with aircon and a private bathroom. The price JD14 includes tax, breakfast and some service. Internet in the hotel charges JD1 per hour, but sadly it's only Win98 which cannot display a lot of languages.

The thing that I love about this hotel is its location. Very close to Roman Theatre. And within walking distance, you can easily arrive Downtown Amman.
If you don't like the Internet service in hotel, just take a short walk to Internet cafe nearby. But they are just like other Jordanians, they accept only cash, including Jordan Dinar, US dollars, Euro, Saudi Ryriah. They also have a pick-up service from Queen Alia International Airport, which is JD15.
They also do some within Jordan trip or Iraq trip. Just simply ask Mr. Fayez, he will arrange it for you.

• Written July 24, 2005

reflection

• Qamr profile photo Qamr
  • Reviews: 25

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Maraya Hotel: Strange rules

My stay was limited to one night due to strange visitation rules.
I was not allowed any female visitors . Not even for 5 minutes. HOTEL RULES!!!!!
I complained bitterly about this stupid rule and moved out the next morning.

To avoid this , tell the receptionist u r married, rather don't stay here .

Terrible breakfast

• Written June 25, 2005

• Sambawalk profile photo Sambawalk
  • Reviews: 1601

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Budget Hotel

I stayed in Select Hotel for the 1st night for JD14 for a single room. Although it is close to the Abdali station, it is not worth the value.

The 2nd day I stayed in Farah Hotel in downtown. It costs JD7 for single room without bathroom. The room is ok but the toilet is not so clean.

I visited other hotels to check for condition. Cliff hotel charges JD3 for shared bathroom. I think it is alright for that price.

Palace Hotel charges JD7 for single with bathroom. It should be the best value and the room conidtion is alright.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written December 12, 2004

• freya_heaven profile photo freya_heaven
  • Reviews: 1730

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Cliff Hotel: You Dont Sleep Alone!

I know and appreciate that when you stay in buget/backpacker accommodaion you shouldnt expect more than just the basics, and I dont.

But waking up with covered in what I assume were bed bug bites, isnt the greatest feeling...............Ugh!

I was surprised, as the Cliff Hotel had come well recommended by the guide book we were using for our backpacking trip around Jordan.
Maybe I was just very unlucky.......................

Livestock in Beds

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written February 14, 2004

• call_me_rhia profile photo call_me_rhia
  • Reviews: 4274
Ammon Hotel: Posh Ammon Hotel

because my flight arrived in the middle of the night (2 am) and left even more in the middleof the night (4 am) - and my friend had to work the following morning, he booked me into another posh hotel, ... which i'm afraid to say is just expensive and nothing else

yucky food, no hair-dryer and so on. not very recommended

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written November 10, 2002

entrance to hotel ammon

• SueRivet profile photo SueRivet
  • Reviews: 201
Cliff Hotel: Cliff Hotel

I think it was about US $14 for a single, shared bath, which I guess is cheap for Amman.

The Cliff Hotel is known as a backpacker's hotel, cheap and serviceable. It's a walkup, on the third floor, so you have to climb some of the filthiest steps that I've ever seen to get there. Go past the second floor, where there is some kind of smoky men's club. I only stayed here a brief night in order to catch my flight back home early in the AM.

• Written August 25, 2002